PDA

View Full Version : WL conceirge or Poly standard room

Catzle
02-12-2012, 02:16 PM
Which would you choose? I am planning no discount for summer so may have to cut back a tad from what we already have booked. So we are deciding between WL conceirge or Poly standard room.

BrerGnat
02-12-2012, 03:09 PM
I would always choose CL over a standard room anywhere! Everything else being equal, if you only have four people in your party, WL is the better value. I love WL. I have NO desire to stay at the Poly.

SBETigg
02-12-2012, 03:16 PM
I love the Poly. CL is nice, but I prefer the convenience, location, and pretty much everything about the Poly over WL. It would be worth it to me to stick with a standard room.

BrerGnat
02-12-2012, 04:17 PM
I might want to revise my answer.

Is the pool still a major consideration?

The Poly Pool, crowded as it might be, is a lot better than the WL pool.

Catzle
02-12-2012, 04:35 PM
Yes, pool is still important!

minnie-mouse
02-13-2012, 09:35 AM
You can't beat the Poly for convenience of the monorail. I would definitely stay at Poly in a standard room over Wilderness Lodge anyday. Wilderness Lodge theming is rather boring, IMO. Not worth the $.

brownie
02-13-2012, 12:01 PM
I think I'd go with the Polynesian due to its location and the Monorail.

jerseygirl98
02-15-2012, 09:14 AM
Hands down the Poly. We have stayed at both and I would never stay at WL again. It's beautiful, but the transportation is horrendous vs the Poly. The boats to MK were always crowded and we had to wait for the next. We finally gave up on the boats and took the buses. People who like WL have obviously never stayed at the Poly, or any monorail resort.

mydisneygirls
02-16-2012, 11:35 AM
I would price both out and see what you are more comfortable spending...that is how I would make my decision. Also, keep an eye open...they may release a special. They are both great resorts and have their own uniquenss.

Sorry Jerseygirl98....I have stayed at the Poly (many, many times) and WL (our first time this past Sept) and I love them both. We didn't have a problem at all with the transportation at WL.

VWL Mom
02-16-2012, 11:49 AM
I think I'd go with WL Club Level over a Poly standard if the price is comparable providing you will get use out of the club. IMO it's nice to stop in for breakfast, some snacks, or a nightcap. Also, the hot tubs at WL are a nice plus.

As far as transportation, having stayed at BLT and WL, it would not be a deciding factor for me. I've had great transportation at both and also bad transportation at both. Also, IMO the cutback in monorail hours really cuts down on the service it once was.

Whichever you decide, have a wonderful trip!

CuteAsMinnie
02-16-2012, 12:26 PM
You can't beat the Poly for convenience of the monorail. I would definitely stay at Poly in a standard room over Wilderness Lodge anyday. Wilderness Lodge theming is rather boring, IMO. Not worth the $.

The Wilderness Lodge theming is boring?...
Post after post, review after review shows the Wilderness Lodge is the best overall themed resort on WDW property. From the majestic lobby, the incredible views, the waterfall and the entire WL grounds instantly transports it's guest to the great Northwest. It's a vacation spot in it's own.

The Poly is lovely but I would choose a club level room at WL over a standard room at the Poly.

Whichever you choose... Enjoy!! :mickey: