PDA

View Full Version : Whitney Houston Dead

Melanie
02-11-2012, 08:15 PM
Just seeing some reports that Whitney Houston has died. Have no details.

Although we all know the story of her decline, but how sad is this? What a talent. I hate what happened to her. :(

TinkerbellT421
02-11-2012, 08:18 PM
Wow!!! I used to love her music when I was a kid/teen. It's a shame what has happened to her. She had an awful downfall and I think she was at the point of no return. :( I will check some news stations and see if anyone can confirm.

TinkerbellT421
02-11-2012, 08:21 PM
TMZ has confirmed it. Has all the details, didn't think I could post the link.

And MSNBC has confirmed :(

Dopey's Girl
02-11-2012, 08:33 PM
I just heard this too. So sad. She was so talented, so troubled.

MNNHFLTX
02-11-2012, 08:45 PM
She was the golden girl of music in my young adult years. How could it come to this? :(

DizneyFreak2002
02-11-2012, 08:56 PM
She was the golden girl of music in my young adult years. How could it come to this? :(

Two words... Bobby Brown...

I was never a Whitney Houston fan but she was a truly talented performer... it is a shame...

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-11-2012, 09:24 PM
I remember listening to her when I was a kid ... too sad.

PirateLover
02-11-2012, 09:26 PM
I truly believe she had perhaps THE greatest voice of all time. Kept hoping she'd be able to find it again. So incredibly sad.

SBETigg
02-11-2012, 10:07 PM
Two words... Bobby Brown...

I was never a Whitney Houston fan but she was a truly talented performer... it is a shame...

I don't think it's Bobby's fault. By most accounts, she had an addictive personality and was very into her own preferences before he ever arrived on the scene. No doubt that they were worse together, and he might have introduced her to some cheaper, more dangerous alternatives. But, they have been apart for more than a few years now and I think she is responsible for her own actions. Sad as they are. I always hoped she would find her way back, and the saddest part is that she leaves a daughter. In the end, we really don't know yet what happened here, so it's probably wrong to speculate in any case.

Melanie
02-12-2012, 06:55 AM
Seeing some reports that she may have drown in her bathtub at the Beverly Hills Hotel.

A Big Kid
02-12-2012, 08:09 AM
To me, the silence is deafening. By virtue of the fact that they are not saying the cause of death, tells me that it probably involves drugs in some way.

Tinkerfreak
02-12-2012, 09:01 AM
Whenever my girls would talk about certain female singers and ask me if I liked them I would always say "she is good but she is no Whitney". After hearing her sing they both said "wow mom you are right she was amazing".
Such a great talent and such a loss. :(:sad:

Kairi_7378
02-12-2012, 09:16 AM
A few months ago, we were in the Museum of American History in DC. We decided to tour the new Star Spangled Banner exhibit. As you leave the exhibit, you pass through a corridor where different versions of the National Anthem are played, and when I walked through, Whitney's version from the Superbowl was playing. The security guard beamed with pride, saying, "Nobody sang OUR song like Whitney." Kind of hard to capture the sweetness of that little moment.

Rest in Peace, Whitney.

PirateLover
02-12-2012, 10:20 AM
TMZ is saying all that was found drug wise was prescription Xanax. She was removed from the bathtub before the emergency services arrived. The speculation is she was too heavily sedated and may have accidentally drowned.
By the way, I agree, her 91 super bowl anthem is the best ever. Still gives me chills.

Ian
02-12-2012, 03:39 PM
TMZ is saying all that was found drug wise was prescription Xanax.I'd be incredibly shocked if that was anything more than speculation based on evidence at the scene.

Tox screens typically take weeks to come back from the lab. Remember how long it took to get the official cause of death for Amy Winehouse?

faline
02-12-2012, 03:50 PM
This is a sad thing regardless of cause of death. A realtively young, talented woman who had died too early.

Hammer
02-13-2012, 08:02 PM
I think the lack of concrete information about the scene in her hotel room has more to do with people wanting to get "the scoop". I'll wait for the toxicology reports to come out to get the truth.

Remember, TMZ had her being buried in Atlanta, which was wrong. Her body is on its way back home, to Newark, NJ. TMZ is hardly the source of truth.

And as Linda (faline) said, regardless of the reason for her death, it is tragic that such a fantastic talent is gone.