PDA

View Full Version : Deluxe Dining Plan?

minnie-mouse
02-11-2012, 10:14 AM
The Deluxe dining plan list that you get 3 meals and 2 snacks per day. Does that mean you can use the meals however you like? It doesn't limit you to only one table service per day? You could do 1 CS and 2 TS a day if you wanted?

Kairi_7378
02-11-2012, 10:20 AM
There is no limit to how many credits you can use per day on the dining plans. (Other than for the total number of credits that you have, of course.)

SBETigg
02-11-2012, 02:14 PM
Credits are per night of stay, so if you're staying six nights with Deluxe Dining plan, you get 18 meal credits and 12 snacks per person. You can use them any way you choose, for Signature meals (which count as two credits), for counter service meals (which count the same as table service on the deluxe plan, and not the best use of credits), or for regular table service meals, three a day or six a day or two a day, any way you want. Credits are good from check in to midnight of the day you check out.

Honestly, with Deluxe Plan, it's a lot of food. It feels like you're eating quite a lot. If you're a big eater or if you want to try a lot of new restaurants, it's a good plan. I recommend not being concerned if you leave a few credits for meals or snacks unused or if you sometimes skip appetizers or desserts. It's good to mix in a few Signature meals, which take more credits, so that maybe you're not feeling like you're spending all your time sitting down to meals instead of enjoying the parks and attractions.

wildernesslady
02-11-2012, 02:49 PM
We got it for the first time in Oct. We did enjoy it for the type of trip we had. Just adults during the Food & Wine Fest. We used almost all our snack credits at the festival and did some signature restaurants. It was alot of food with apps. and dessert at each meal, but we did enjoy it. We won't get it every time though. Enjoy.

gerald72
02-11-2012, 05:04 PM
Yes, you can have 3 table service meals a day.
Or however you want to divide it up.
You'll never eat it all. If anyone could, I could. it's too much food.

minnie-mouse
02-13-2012, 09:44 AM
Thanks everyone. I think we are interested in using the dining pland for character meals and the convenience of it. We are not big eaters but like to try new restaurants and like the fun atmospheres. Do the CS meals come with dessert? What if we don't want dessert? Do we just say no thanks?

TinkerbellT421
02-13-2012, 09:48 AM
Every single meal comes with a desert per person, including all counter services. You're savings are based on receiving deserts with meals, so essentially you are paying for it. However, you can say no to the desert. BUT most deserts at counter services come packaged, ie brownies, rice crispies treats, etc so if you carry a backpack, I would recommend just taking the deserts and keeping them at your hotel for when your family might be a little hungry and you can have it to snack on.

brivers222
02-13-2012, 12:08 PM
However, you can say no to the desert

This little nugget of information would have saved us a lot in TIPS at TS restaurants as we just ordered them to sample as we thought we were required to order them. Had we of known we could say no we would have saved on the out of pocket TIP

So where it doesn't help as much at CS (but like you said you can save it for later) it would help out on the TIP portion of a TS meal.

BrerGnat
02-13-2012, 12:13 PM
It might be worth noting, I believe you can ask to swap the CS dessert for a piece of whole fruit. I've heard of people being able to do this, so it doesn't hurt to ask!

Dulcee
02-13-2012, 12:18 PM
We're likely going this route on our upcoming honeymoon but only because we've planned on splurging on all signature dining restaurants for dinner (save 1 night...) and because my fiance believes vacation = big breakfast, every morning.

minnie-mouse
02-13-2012, 12:21 PM
So each person gets an appetizer, meal and dessert?! So DH and I ordered lunch we woulc get two separate appetizers? That does seem like a lot of food, but could be nice, that way we each can get the appetizer we want rather than compromise on one (not that we will finish either).

I love the idea of getting a brownie or something and saving it for later. Good idea! I can't thank you enough everyone for all your suggestions.

TinkerbellT421
02-13-2012, 12:34 PM
So each person gets an appetizer, meal and dessert?! So DH and I ordered lunch we woulc get two separate appetizers? That does seem like a lot of food, but could be nice, that way we each can get the appetizer we want rather than compromise on one (not that we will finish either).

I love the idea of getting a brownie or something and saving it for later. Good idea! I can't thank you enough everyone for all your suggestions.

With the Deluxe Dinning plan, that is correct. Every single meal will come with one appetizer, meal and desert PER meal per person. So you will have during one dinner, TWO appetizers, TWO entrees and TWO deserts. Hellllooooo food! lol Yes A LOT of food. With regular Dinning plan you will receive just TWO Entrees and TWO deserts. (One per person)

minnie-mouse
02-14-2012, 12:05 PM
With the Deluxe Dinning plan, that is correct. Every single meal will come with one appetizer, meal and desert PER meal per person. So you will have during one dinner, TWO appetizers, TWO entrees and TWO deserts. Hellllooooo food! lol Yes A LOT of food. With regular Dinning plan you will receive just TWO Entrees and TWO deserts. (One per person)

But the regular dining plan you are required to do only 1 TS and 1 CS meal a day, right? I am slowly getting it...;)

PlutoPlanet
02-14-2012, 12:16 PM
We did the deluxe DP once; never again. It is just too much food.

TinkerbellT421
02-14-2012, 12:26 PM
But the regular dining plan you are required to do only 1 TS and 1 CS meal a day, right? I am slowly getting it...;)

No problem ;)

Yes, the regular dining plan will include:
1 Table service + 1 desert
1 counter service + 1 desert
1 snack
Per person

Scar
02-14-2012, 12:29 PM
But the regular dining plan you are required to do only 1 TS and 1 CS meal a day, right? Required? No. Allowed? Yes.

You can use the credits any way you like. You can do a TS breakfast, and 2 signature TS for lunch and dinner using 5 credits in one day if you like. And use 3 CS another day.

SBETigg
02-14-2012, 12:52 PM
No problem ;)

Yes, the regular dining plan will include:
1 Table service + 1 desert
1 counter service + 1 desert
1 snack
Per person

For table service meals, this is one entree and one dessert, to clarify. No appetizers on the regular dining plan, just with Deluxe.

minnie-mouse
02-15-2012, 12:13 PM
But th regular dining plan doesn't include breakfast? Only 2 meals? has anyone ever done the regular dining plan and eaten breakfasts in their room and found it worth the money?

Scar
02-15-2012, 12:18 PM
You can use a DDP credit for breakfast. Can't answer the other question as the DDP is never worth it for me no matter how I use it.

BrerGnat
02-15-2012, 12:19 PM
But th regular dining plan doesn't include breakfast? Only 2 meals? has anyone ever done the regular dining plan and eaten breakfasts in their room and found it worth the money?

It's not that it doesn't include breakfast. You can use either a TS or CS credit on breakfast if you want. It's just a poor value if you do so, as breakfast is usually cheaper than lunch or dinnner. However, you could use TS credits for breakfast buffets, for example. If you eat late breakfast, you probably won't need lunch (could use a snack credit for a midday snack) and then you could have a CS dinner that night. This is just an example.

When we did the Dining Plan the one time, we just ate cereal in our rooms. We paid out of pocket for milk that we kept in the room fridge.

Kairi_7378
02-15-2012, 06:59 PM

We usually bring our own coffee, cereal and brackfast snacks. We supplement with milk (purchased at the resort), fruit (usually bought as a dessert item on the DDP at CS places), or a snack from the resort (beignets at PORS.) Seems to be a better use of credits. I like that I can go to the park without having to worry about getting a meal when I get there, and I like avoiding the crowds during brakfast times at the resort.