PDA

View Full Version : Charleston, SC

iheartdisney
02-10-2012, 08:30 PM
We are meeting my in-laws in Charleston for a long weekend. Mills House Hotel was recommended here as a great place to stay. I checked it out and while I'm willing to pay the rates (over $300/night), I'm not sure my in-laws are.

Does anyone know of nice and more affordable places to stay in Charleston?

Thanks!

Basket Mommy
02-10-2012, 09:22 PM
There is a great Doubletree Hotel right in the Straw Market area. It's very nice.

LilHooligan74
03-06-2012, 09:53 AM
There is a great Doubletree Hotel right in the Straw Market area. It's very nice.
I agree 100% You took the keys right off my keyboard (chuckle chuckle). The Doubletree is located on Church Street, right next to market streets And the City Market. My DGF and I stayed there last July for my Birthday. The prices IMO were by far the most affordable of the Downtown Market area hotels/Inns. The Front Desk staff was awesome. Very helpful with every request. Had a problem with the room safe so we were moved to a nicer room, without hesitation or price increase. They have some pretty cool two story rooms also. The only negative is the safe deposit boxes at the front desk are somewhat small. I work in Public Safety so I "carry" often and the Firearm would not fit in the box. But that may not be an issue at all for you. I have stayed at The Planters Inn, Francis Marion Hotel as well and the Doubletree I feel provides the most bang for the buck. Plus if you are part of Hilton Honors even more reason for Doubletree.
All that being said, there is not a whole lot of "Cheap" options for staying close to the Market or Downtown for that matter. There are a couple and depending on the time of the year are booked frequently.
I highly highly recommend Poogan's Porch for dinner. It is on Queen street. Nice Environment, AMAZING Food!

Keneva
05-09-2012, 09:46 PM
I second the Doubletree and/or Planters Inn. The Mills House is worth looking into and Charleston Place if $ is no object.