PDA

View Full Version : Via Napoli-Epcot?

minnie-mouse
02-09-2012, 09:58 AM
Is Via Napoli really worth the prices? It seems absurd to me to spend $20 on a plate of pasta?! No?

elmjimmlm
02-09-2012, 10:04 AM
We love Via Napoli!!! It is so worth it to try...I think their pizza is the best! I have also had pasta there and it's well worth the price...:mickey:

TinkerbellT421
02-09-2012, 10:05 AM
I agree, DBF and I occassionally debate on eating there, we stopped in once or twice to look at the menu and between the offerings and the prices we have said the almighty "We can seat at such and such and get a great meal we know we will love for much cheaper". Plus, being Italian and having an array of phenomenal Italian restaurants in Rhode Island, we find that Via Napoli is on the very very bottom of our "must try" list for now. Maybe someday but for now we would rather try other places.

minnie-mouse
02-09-2012, 10:14 AM
You think it would be worth a try if we are on the dining plan? That way we won't worry about prices?

TinkerbellT421
02-09-2012, 10:19 AM
You think it would be worth a try if we are on the dining plan? That way we won't worry about prices?

No absolutely not. But I am a firm believer against the DDP so I might be biased :blush: lol

I am a spokesperson for TiW if anything.

If it's worth it to you to atleast try it then go for it. Honestly really it's more preference as to your style of eating and experiences on whether or not you want to try it. If you go to Coral Reef or Le Cellier, yes you will get Mahi Mahi or Filet Mignon for $20.00 a plate or more anyway. So if you were going to not go to Via Napoli for the $20.00 pasta what would be your alternative? Is it more or less in price and is the meal going to be something that you have already "been there done that" or would you much rather say "atleast I tried it". I would prefer to try Via Napoli atleast once, but again my location outside of WDW gives me my personal opinion, don't let that sway you one way or another. Does that make sense? Trying to talk on the phone at work in between typing a response.

But IMO, DDP wouldn't make 1 dinner worth it to get.

minnie-mouse
02-09-2012, 10:58 AM
[QUOTE=TinkerbellT421;2241063]Trying to talk on the phone at work in between typing a response.QUOTE]

LOL! Sounds like what I am doing today, it's all about the multi-tasking :mickey:

DNS
02-09-2012, 02:03 PM
We ate there in November and did not care for it at all. Add to that the prices and we will most likely not give it a second try.

clausjo
02-09-2012, 03:47 PM
We were there last week and loved it! The portions are huge and very good. The pizza was so yummy as was the salad and desserts! We were not on the dining plan, so it was a bit pricey. My parents and I split a large pizza and had left overs. Next time we'll just get two personal pizzas. Also, we ordered the salad for 3, but there was a ton of it. We'll just get it for 2 next time and there will still be plenty.

My DD had a kids spaghetti - which was a very large portion as well.

Maybe if you try it and split some things, the price won't seem so bad. It was very good and we will be back!

BrerGnat
02-09-2012, 04:28 PM
I love Via Napoli, but I would NEVER pay $20 for a plate of pasta. I just don't like pasta that much, I guess.

The pizza, though, is out of this world good! I would pay $50 if I could have a Via Napoli pizza appear in my house right now. :D

I say definitely go, but stick to the appetizers, pizza, and salad!

DVC2004
02-09-2012, 05:36 PM
We've eaten here several times, all have been great. However we never order pasta here. I agree stick with the pizza and salad. Appetizers are good too. I think the pizza is well worth the money and you can order a really good house salad only with the pizza (it has marinated olivers,mushrooms and peppers with mixed greens in a really light and falvorful dressing). We always get that and haven't been dissappointed yet.

It's funny we were there last week and I saw the pasta on the menu and thought the same thing, $20 for pasta??? I probably would pay $15 but I can't believe any pasta (meant for 1 person, not even to share) is worth that price.

minnie-mouse
02-09-2012, 07:58 PM
Sounds good to me, pizza it is then! Thanks.

wildernesslady
02-09-2012, 08:30 PM
Definitely worth it in my opinion. My daughter had pasta there and loved it.