PDA

View Full Version : The First Intercot Thread?

EeyoresBestFriend
02-08-2012, 11:45 PM
In light of the impending Anniversary, I was wondering what the first thread topic was, after the obvious Welcome and such threads when Intercot first began. That would have been some 15 years ago ~ I was wondering what folks were talking about then . . .

Is there somewhere you can direct me to or provide a link to find it?

John
02-09-2012, 08:58 AM
Unfortunately, it doesn't exist.

We've been thru 3 discussion board software upgrades in 15 years and the threads from the original board didn't survive.

If I was to guess it was something along the lines of WELCOME - To all that come to this happy place.........

I can tell you that back in those days - IMALISMOM pretty much ran the show on the boards and answered many of the questions. PATRICIA as well :)

We started with one forum and quickly outgrew it growing to 3. The software we were using didn't last long and we moved on to the Ultimate Bulliten Board which worked well for many years. Finally we got too big for that and moved to the currrent Board configuration and vBulletin.

If you browse the FAQ archives below, you can find some stuff that goes back to at least 2001...

Imalismom
02-09-2012, 06:47 PM
We mainly talked about resorts, dining, and what to do in the parks, what shoes were the best to wear... alot of what is still asked today....

As John said above, we started the INTERCOT FAQ Archives about 2000/2001 - some of those are fun to go through and read if you have not ventured there yet. This post was one of my favorites from 2001: http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=48886 - I really cringe at all the typos in it now, but it still does have good info in it (and yes, my typing has NOT improved)...

We had topics and tidbits instead of the water cooler, some of the 2000/2001 posts are really cool to just go back and read... we had so much fun (not that we still don't) those first days of Intercot...

Patricia
02-09-2012, 09:34 PM
That one forum was so long..
I do remember It was difficult to navigate. :confused:

I happened upon Icot (spring of 98) trying to plan a second trip to WDW, after missing so much the first time around. I recall people asking questions that I ended up answering and I've been here ever since. Turned out I knew more than I thought and if I didn't I found the answer. Imalismom and I had note books that we referred to as our Disney bibles. No need for those anymore. :blush:

It was just the three of us moderating for quite awhile. Seems like yesterday.

Ian
02-10-2012, 07:02 AM
I seem to recall one about some dolls .... :thedolls:

brownie
02-10-2012, 07:46 AM

Oh no, not again!

Imalismom
02-10-2012, 08:57 PM
They have been archived in topics and tidbits if you want to relive them...:thedolls:

disneydeb
02-10-2012, 09:21 PM
The dolls never harmed anyone.. That got a bad rap...:thedolls:

Imalismom
02-11-2012, 07:09 PM
The dolls never harmed anyone.. That got a bad rap...:thedolls:

:secret:

Ed
02-13-2012, 10:36 PM

I categorically deny the allegation. :nono:

And the 'allegator'. :gator: