PDA

View Full Version : The River

DizneyFreak2002
02-08-2012, 07:24 PM
Watched the two hour premier last night and I don't care much for the show... I was excited for the potential, but after seeing the pilot, I lost that hope... While it wasn't the worst show on TV, it wasn't all that good either... I don't see this show being more than its short scheduled run...

Any one else watch last night???

TinkerbellT421
02-08-2012, 07:32 PM
Glad you posted this cause I was planning on doing that tonight. I actually missed most of the advertising until last night and then remembered so I watch the first hour today. I'm kinda eh about it. At first I thought there was potential there but now I just don't know. I might watch the second hour and then see how I feel. Someone on Facebook had compared it to "Lost". But I never even watched a minute of that show so I couldn't compare the two. But as of right now, I completely agree with you. Here's to hoping it gets slightly better.....I'm running out of shows lately with this being the last season of House and CSI, Smallville being over last year, etc. :(

Sportster
02-09-2012, 07:59 AM
Agree and agree. I didn't really see the commercials for this show but my wife did.
She said it looked like it could be really interesting/scary. We watched and neither of us stayed interested in it. Just wasn't doing it for us. We stuck with it about 40 minutes or so. I agree, it had potential, but I probably won't try it again.

Diznee4Me
02-10-2012, 12:03 PM
Watched both hours - pretty sure I won't be back. The shaky camera work, the resemblance to LOST (which I loved), bad acting, and dumb plotlines - the EVIL SPIRIT dumb enough to be caught in the coconut shell TWICE! Nah, didn't work for me.

TinkerbellT421
02-10-2012, 02:00 PM
Watched both hours - pretty sure I won't be back. The shaky camera work, the resemblance to LOST (which I loved), bad acting, and dumb plotlines - the EVIL SPIRIT dumb enough to be caught in the coconut shell TWICE! Nah, didn't work for me.

And, was it me, or was it kinda sorta like "Blair Witch Project" quality? :sick:

DizneyFreak2002
02-11-2012, 02:23 PM
I believe The River is by the people who brought you Paranormal Activity... I actually enjoy those movies, but this show, eh... I didn't get a Lost feel... But I can see the comparisons.. I'll give it another shot this Tuesday but not sure how much more after that...

DizneyFreak2002
02-14-2012, 09:58 PM
Well, I gave The River another chance and, well, it lost me... I didn't even last 10 minutes into the show... I had high hopes for this show, and it disappointed me...

TinkerbellT421
02-15-2012, 09:24 AM
I DVR'd it. So does that mean I don't have to waste time watching it tonight and just erase when I get home after work? lol

DizneyFreak2002
02-15-2012, 06:49 PM
Tink, you may like it... I love the Paranormal Activity movies so I figured I'd like this... and well... :)

Momma always said if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.. well, regarding The River, I shall not say anything at all... ;)

TinkerbellT421
02-15-2012, 10:48 PM
I haven't seen the Paranormal Activity movies yet, I want to, only problem is, I will have nightmares for days lol. So I'm avoiding it. Took me a good year to stop hearing the groaning from the "Grudge" movies and I only saw an hour of that movie before I couldn't stomach it anymore with being scared out of my wits.

But, with The River.....I suffered through it tonight and watch this second episode....I am none thrilled nor impressed. I'm actually really disappointed with the fact that Steven Speilberg had something to do with this show :/ Such high hopes and they were shattered. But like you, that's as far as I will let my negativity get lol