PDA

View Full Version : Cab/Shuttle

minnie04
02-08-2012, 01:54 PM
What is the average rate you pay when taking a cab or shuttle from the airport to Downtown Disney Hotels (Royal Plaza)??? Im wondering if it would be worth renting a car. We are only going to be there 3 days and Im not sure I need a car. We are taking the easy way up this time by flying ... I cant bet the price on air fair compared to gas.. :mickey:

thanks

The Hitchhiking Ghost
02-08-2012, 02:36 PM
Did you check into whether or not Disney's Magical Express (the free bus shuttle service) includes the DTD hotels? If it does, save yourself the money and take the free Disney transportation.

Our last two trips down we flew in and took the free ME and avoided a rental car. We simply took Disney transportation for the 7-8 days we were there.

If all you are doing is Disney parks and properties, absolutely no need for a rental car.

minnie04
02-08-2012, 02:53 PM
Thank you, I will look into that right now.. I didnt know it was "Free". :mickey:

Scar
02-08-2012, 02:54 PM
Disney's Magical Express is only available for Disney managed hotels (Royal Plaza is not.)

Two years ago I took a cab from a hotel just outside MCO to The Dolphin for $45 + tip.

minnie04
02-08-2012, 03:09 PM
I just looked into it and what a great service that is. The only thing is we leave at 9:45pm and it would put us at the airport at 6:45pm (give or take). I’m not sure I want to sit in the airport for 3 hours ( I guess it beats 3 hours in a car). I know it might not be that long, but just in case. I will consider it. Do you have to book the room through Disney or can I book somewhere else and still use the service as long as im on property??

Thanks Scar,
I noticed that as well, but for the savings on the rental and cab. I might as well stay on property.

I’m going to think this one out....:unsure:

minnie04
02-08-2012, 03:23 PM
Ok I just priced out the trip with air,hotel & car and its cheaper to get the car in the package. Its only $30. cheaper, but still :mickey: