PDA

View Full Version : Two Dining Plan Questions

EeyoreFan
02-08-2012, 10:34 AM
I have 2 questions for all of you experts:

1. When a child (4y) dines at a restaurant that uses 2 TS credits for an adult are they also charged 2TS credits when they are only eating mac and cheese?

2. It says that the dining plan goes from check in to midnight on the last day. If you purchashed the plan that gives you 1 counter service and one table service credit/day does that mean that you will get lunch and dinner the last day that you check out?

I just want to make sure that I fully understand before I make ADRs.

Thanks for the help!!!! :mickey:

The Hitchhiking Ghost
02-08-2012, 10:43 AM
Someone will have a more definitive answer but,

1) I would guess and say yes, a signature restaurant would be 2TS regardless of child (up to age 9) or adult. That said, I believe you always have the option of paying out of pocket for the child's meal while placing the adult's meal on the DDP. That said, you would now have an unused child's TS entitlement that you would need to use, but that still might be better than using 2TS entitlements for M&C.

2) I believe that if you have entitlements left you can use them right up thru check-out (and possibly later in that same day). Entitlements are tied to the number of nights of your stay, but how/when you use them is totally up to you. You could have 8 TS each but opt for 4 signature dinings, so you'd be done in 4 days vs. 8. So if you have entitlements remaining, you should be able to use them on the last day.

I know like many other families, we were buying up snacks right up to boarding ME back to the airport to use up our snack credits.

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-08-2012, 11:16 AM
The post above is correct :)

A 2-TS meal is a 2-TS meal for kids as well (using their kids credits of course).

Yes, you can use the credits after you check-out, right until midnight. You get credits for each night you stay, not each day, so depending on your travel plans you may or may not have some left to use on the last day. For example, on a 5 night, 6 day stay, you would get 5 sets of credits for each person, and how you use them during the trop is 100% up to you. They can be used one/day, or all at once, whatever works best for you.

EeyoreFan
02-08-2012, 01:15 PM
Thanks! :eat:

DizneyRox
02-08-2012, 02:36 PM
1. It's extra special mac & cheese don't you know.

2. As mentioned, the credits are based on the number of nights, not days. They can be used from check-in through midnight of the day you check-out.

What I bet this means for many is at least one day you're going to be paying for food. If you use credits on check-in day, you may not have any left on check-out day. If you use them for 2TS meals, etc. If you arrive late and leave early, maybe not a big deal, I try to extend my days, I won't arrive late AND leave early, basically that burns two days of a vacation.