PDA

View Full Version : TiW - 1 Florida Resident in party of 9?

disneykidsince1970
02-08-2012, 06:17 AM
Hi all - after reading all the posts, I am def sold on TIW as a great idea! We are a party of 9 (5 adults, 4 kids) coming for 5 days in April.

Question is about qualifying - My sister lives in Florida and is 1 in our party of 9 (the rest live outside of FL). If she buys the card for 100, the entire group qualifies for the discount, right? We don't all have to have the same last name or something...?

We will have breakfast in the rooms but other meals are

Cali Grill
O"Hana's
Hoop Dee Doo
Yachtsman's Steakhouse
Sci Fi
San Angel
Liberty Tree Tavern

If it works, we will DEFINITELY save money!!!
Thanks!!

DizneyRox
02-08-2012, 06:41 AM
As long as everyone eats together... The card is good for a up to a party of 10 I believe.

The card will pay for itself after one meal probably with a group that large.

greengeen
02-08-2012, 07:27 AM
Yeah but... the person with the TIW card has to pay the whole bill. You can't split the bill up.

floridamom
02-08-2012, 07:48 AM
Yeah but... the person with the TIW card has to pay the whole bill. You can't split the bill up.

We dined at 'Ohana last month with another family using our TIW card and were able to split the (discounted) total in half between two credit cards. Not sure if that was an exception to policy--our server certainly didn't indicate that it was a problem.

DizneyRox
02-08-2012, 09:38 AM
Not in my experience with the TiW card. I've had all sorts of people pick up the check after using my TiW card.

Back with the CM discount, they were sticklers about the CM actually picking up the tab, but I've never experienced a "public" discount have that requirement.

Melanie
02-08-2012, 09:46 AM
Not in my experience with the TiW card. I've had all sorts of people pick up the check after using my TiW card.

This is my experience as well. I've been with friends, in-laws, etc. and there have been many times someone else used their card and the rest of us put in cash, etc. and it's never been questioned.

Heck, I've never, ever been asked to provide ID with my card either. Not that I agree with that.

TinkerbellT421
02-08-2012, 10:16 AM
This is my experience as well. I've been with friends, in-laws, etc. and there have been many times someone else used their card and the rest of us put in cash, etc. and it's never been questioned.

Heck, I've never, ever been asked to provide ID with my card either. Not that I agree with that.

:ditto: two both. A friend picked up the tab one night and we used our TiW card. DBF was never once asked for his ID either.

KatrinaJ91
02-08-2012, 11:53 AM
Where do you buy these?

DizneyRox
02-08-2012, 02:02 PM
Any Guest Relations window... Have your Florida ID, DVC Membership Card or AP handy.