PDA

View Full Version : Parade route?

mickclub1955
02-07-2012, 10:08 PM
I was at the World last week and noticed that the parade route was on Main Street only. It didn't go into Frontierland at all. I also noticed that the parade entry way behind Splash Mountain was blocked off with poles coming out of the concrete. Has anyone heard? Are they not running parades through Frontierland anymore?:confused:

Melanie
02-07-2012, 10:34 PM
This is temporary. From Jason's Tidbits for January (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=188152) -

Route Construction

1/11/12 Due to walkway construction, the Magic Kingdom’s parade offerings will be altered in Late Winter 2012. From January 20 – February 10, 2012; the Main Street Electrical parade will not be offered and the Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade will use an abridged route. During this time period, the afternoon parade will begin in Town Square, travel down Main Street, turn through the Hub, travel back down Main Street, and end in Town Square.

Basket Mommy
02-07-2012, 10:38 PM
I loved the temporary path. We grabbed seats on the balcony of the train station to watch. We got to see the parade going and coming back. It made for great pictures!!

NASCARVW
02-08-2012, 09:32 AM
I loved the temporary path. We grabbed seats on the balcony of the train station to watch. We got to see the parade going and coming back. It made for great pictures!!

ME TOO! I loved being able to see BOTH sides of the parade, and twice the opportunity to get great photos! :)