PDA

View Full Version : Traveling beyond the park

jiminylover
02-07-2012, 08:20 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions on the cheapest way to get from Disney to Legoland?

diz_girl
02-08-2012, 09:58 AM
Renting a car will probably be your least expensive option. Taxis will probably be too expensive, as Winter Haven probably too far outside the Orlando metro area. The same probably goes for limo rental. I don't think that LYNX, the Orlando public bus transit system, goes out that far. But even if they did, you'd probably have at least one transfer.

Your best bet would be to check into car rental prices. Also, your resort will have contact information for a couple of companies. If you're staying on property, I think that they may even drop off/pick up the vehicle.

Finally, I had no idea that Legoland is closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays certain times of the year. You're going in May and the only Tuesdays or Wednesdays that they're open in May are after Memorial Day.

ronandjulie
02-08-2012, 12:06 PM
There's a shuttle from the Orlando Premium Outlets to Legoland for around $10.00 a person.

PrincessAriel514
02-12-2012, 12:10 PM
how do u get to the outlet?:)

ronandjulie
02-12-2012, 12:16 PM
Either a cab or the lynx bus from DTD

lindique
02-12-2012, 06:55 PM
Most of the major car rental agencies have offices on the Disney Property. The official car rental agency, Alamo, has two locations - at the Car Care Center and at the Dolphin Hotel. They will pick you up and drop you off with their vans.

It is usually not too expensive to rent a car for one day. And it you rent on the weekend, it is usually even cheaper. Assuming there is more than one person going on this trip, it would be both cost and time effective to rent a car for one day.

MrPeetrie
02-18-2012, 09:25 AM
It's funny. Before we had kids, my wife and I would always rent a car from National to get to Disney property from the airport. We would always schedule a day or two to leave WDW and go elsewhere. But when the day would come, we would never go anywhere.
"Do you really feel like going to Universal?"
"No!"
"Me either. Let's go to Epcot instead."
Essentially, we rented a car for nine days and parked it in the lot.

Now that we have kids, we don't even pretend we're leaving.