PDA

View Full Version : The Earl of Sandwich coming to DTD

Disney4us2
02-07-2012, 02:02 PM
I just read on the Disney Parks Blogs that the Earl of Sandwich is coming to Disneylan's DTD. It will be over by the AMC theaters. Will be opening early summer of 2012.

Disney4us2
02-07-2012, 02:36 PM
Today the Disneyland Resort has announced the popular restaurant Earl of Sandwich will be built at Downtown Disney in Anaheim, Calif. It will be located next to the existing AMC Theatres and is scheduled to open in early summer 2012.

The new Earl of Sandwich location will be taking the place of the Compass Books bookstore.

This will the third Earl of Sandwich location at a Disney resort, with the first successful eatery at Walt Disney World in Florida and the second recently opened at Disneyland Paris.

Earl of Sandwich serves hot sandwiches, including the popular “Holiday Sandwich” seasonal offering, hot and cold beverages, and more during lunch and dinner hours and breakfast sandwiches and pastries will be available in the morning.

“We are looking forward to the grand opening of our newest location at the Disneyland Resort,” stated Robert Earl, chairman of Earl of Sandwich. “The success we’ve experienced at Walt Disney World, Disneyland Paris and our other 15 locations has proven that the quality of our food and our dining experience will bring guests back time and time again.”

Earl of Sandwich joins approximately 50 retail, dining and entertainment venues that comprise Downtown Disney. The new Disneyland location will be the only Earl of Sandwich in California.

badkitty
02-07-2012, 02:45 PM
:eat: Yummy! I can't wait.

Thanks for the info!

tinkwest
02-07-2012, 10:03 PM
conceptual rendering - subject to change

Melanie
02-07-2012, 10:10 PM
Looks nice, and quite a bit larger than the one at WDW's DTD. I think this is such great news. Love the restaurant and it's such an affordable option, especially by Disney standards.

BrerGnat
02-08-2012, 08:42 AM
Man, Disneyland just keeps getting better and better...and I'm missing it. :(

I hear Starbucks will also join the DtD directory...

Melanie
02-08-2012, 08:58 AM
I hear Starbucks will also join the DtD directory...

WHHHAAAAAAAAATTTTT? Where did you hear this?

BrerGnat
02-08-2012, 10:42 AM
WHHHAAAAAAAAATTTTT? Where did you hear this?

There was an article on the Disney Food Blog recently. It mentioned that Starbucks and Earl of Sandwich were "making moves" to come to Downtown Disney. The Earl of Sandwich one has been finalized, so now we wait to hear whether Starbucks will be joining as well. It would make sense. Previously, the Compass Books/Cafe (the buliding where EoS will be taking over) was the only full service coffee place in Downtown Disney that was not Disney owned. You can get coffee at a few locations, but none of them are a well known chain.

Rumored location is at the end wing of La Brea Bakery, which is currently undergoing a refurbishment.

badkitty
02-08-2012, 10:57 AM
I noticed a cart in front of the La Brea remodel was "Proudly serving Starbuck's coffee". Have they served Starbuck's in the past? I don't remember.

tinkwest
02-08-2012, 12:14 PM
I noticed a cart in front of the La Brea remodel was "Proudly serving Starbuck's coffee". Have they served Starbuck's in the past? I don't remember.

Yes. The La Brea cart has served Starbucks as long as I can remember.

BrerGnat
02-08-2012, 12:24 PM
Yes. The La Brea cart has served Starbucks as long as I can remember.

Yes, but it's a VERY limited selection. This is another reason why a more full service Starbucks location adjacent to La Brea makes sense. They have had a business relationship for a long time.

Mufasa
02-08-2012, 08:46 PM
I think the Starbucks/La Brea connection has gone back a while (shouldn't be surprising since the current CEO of La Brea John Yamin was a VP at Starbucks prior to his move to La Brea)

I know they make a big deal of how La Brea supplies the bread in their artisan (that word is overused) sandwiches and they've supplied other bakery/pastry items in the past

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
02-22-2012, 05:13 PM
A full menu Starbucks would be logical people.
It is only a matter of time and location.
I've heard different things regarding LaBrea.
Not sure if it is coming as part of this remodel.
There are others on here that would know better than me.

I would make it a regular visit on my trips to the resort.

:smickey:

eeyorepoohfan
03-01-2012, 04:34 PM
I LOVE of Earl of Sandwich and only get to eat there when we go to WDW. We are for sure going to Disneyland in October, so we'll eat there a few times I'm sure!!! I've heard the rumors of Starbucks also. That would make me super happy too!!!