PDA

View Full Version : Post-Wishes Melee..?

disneykidsince1970
02-07-2012, 02:56 AM
Hi All - we are a group of 9 (include 4 kids aged 12, 10, 7, 5) who will be doing the Wishes Dessert Party in April.

Normally, we camp out for Wishes right near Main Street station for a quick and easy getaway (we are staying at BLT).

However, the Dessert Party at Tomorrow Land terrace will have us Trapped at the other end of Main Street!!

I would love to hear any ideas/suggestions/anecdotes about the post-Wishes melee....

Thanks!!

PopPhan
02-07-2012, 07:55 AM
My suggestion would be to just kick back, relax and let some of the crowds disperse....You might actually be able to experience the 'Kiss Goodnight' before leaving.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
02-07-2012, 08:04 AM
I completely agree with PopPhan.....unless you have somewhere scheduled to be at a specific time after Wishes - just hang out - wait for the 'Kiss Goodnight' - people watch, just take your time getting out. If you don't get into the 'gotta get out of here' mentality then you don't get stuck in the melee.

Claudielou
02-07-2012, 09:07 AM
we went to dessert party last October. We were routed out behind the main street buildings and missed the crowds altogether! It was great, we were first in line for the bus.

wildernesslady
02-07-2012, 12:30 PM
I would just hang out and wait for the crowds to leave and maybe walk back to BLT. Enjoy the Dessert Party. It is wonderful.

disneykidsince1970
02-07-2012, 02:51 PM
I guess if we have the irght expecation going in...we just have to wait it out...be patient, etc. We'll keep our special seats until we can walk safelly out...we'll be good. It is all about the right expecations, isn't it!?

However...if we get lucky enough to be routed the back way... I will be STOKED!! :)

xrayqueen
02-07-2012, 06:17 PM
We thought we would have a difficult time getting out after the dessert party but were pleasantly surprised. We were out of the park and on a bus in 10 minutes! And we went right down Main Street. This was 2 weeks ago.

EeyoresBestFriend
02-11-2012, 01:01 PM
We've done it both ways, but with a larger group I would park it a bit, especially when you already have seats. We found that it was less than 15 mins for the place to pretty much clear out. And it is alot of fun people watching! :D

Main Street Jim
02-11-2012, 04:07 PM
If you're staying at Bay Lake Tower (I love it - "BLT"...ahahhahaaaaaa :D), don't rush to get out of the park :) Stay a few extra minutes, enjoy finishing up your desserts after the fireworks, take some *really great* nighttime pictures of the Castle, Tomorrowland, Main Street, etc....enjoy the ambience of being in the park at night...then it's just a casual stroll back to the resort - less than 5 minutes to the left after you exit the turnstiles. :thumbsup:

disneykidsince1970
02-13-2012, 07:06 AM
Agreed!! I have to consciously turn off my TypeA and just relax and enjoy...

for me (as well as the larger group), setting expectations up front is half the battle. If everyone knows that this is the plan - and actually, it is a TREAT to do it and a benefit of BLT (!), then... I'm sure it will be great... :)

I am even envisioning that the older kids might want to fight the oncoming traffic and race to Space Mountain or the RaceCars for one last go! :)

Main Street Jim
02-13-2012, 04:50 PM
I am even envisioning that the older kids might want to fight the oncoming traffic and race to Space Mountain or the RaceCars for one last go! :)Depends on if the park is officially closed or not. You'd have to get in line *just before* the park (rides) closes. Once that closing time hits, the lines are closed off. :thumbsup:

hauntedmansiongirl
02-17-2012, 01:36 AM
In September we were routed behind the scenes as well- and the crowds weren't even bad that day. It was neat seeing behind all of the Main Street stores. You come out beside the hat store.

As an aside, what is the kiss goodnight? We have been to MK and never seen it! :mickey: