PDA

View Full Version : Cancelations

Urbss
02-06-2012, 08:51 PM
We are thinking about renting DVC points from a member (hopefully) this fall.

When we have gone on the past 3 trips we stayed on-site and booked through AAA and got the vacation insurance just in case. (My wife's grandparents are older, you never know about things during huricane season, etc.)

And, we know we have a certain amount of time before our AAA booked trips to cancel with minimal loss of $$$.

I think I already know the answer to this, but what would happen if we had to cancel a trip booked with points through a DVC member?

Thanks,
Tom

DizneyRox
02-07-2012, 07:03 AM
Insurance is an option for DVC as well, but it's paid in money, not points. You can ask the renter about this, there is a charge that you will probably have to cover. And an agreement on the penalties should be written up as well.

With DVC remember all transactions are done by the member, so your rights are pretty limited without a contract.

DVC has penalties including loss of all points used, just like regular room reservations, so don't think just because you didn't use the points, everything is ok for the renter. And honestly, if I were renting points out, I would probably get insurance on those points even if the buyer didn't, just to cover myself. I don't trust people...