PDA

View Full Version : Proximity of Rooms

Urbss
02-06-2012, 08:47 PM
This is the 1st of several questions regarding DVC rentals. Thank you in advance for your patience!!

We are thinking of "renting" points this fall from a DVC member (if we can find the right offering).

I know that the DVC member has to make the reservations and all that. If we were to try to get 2 studio rooms, what do you think the odds would be of getting them side by side (or at least really close to each other)?

Has anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks,
Tom

DizneyRox
02-07-2012, 07:05 AM
Preferences are noted on the reservation like all other reservations. Nothing is guaranteed, and you really won't know until checking. Disney claims they try to accommodate, but you never really know. We don't pick rooms when we book, just category. It's really luck of the draw...

Urbss
02-07-2012, 07:30 PM
Do you think it is the same odds no matter where you are staying then?

We've gone twice to POP in the last 4 years along with my in-laws and both times we were able to get adjoining rooms - maybe we just got lucky those times.

GAN
02-08-2012, 08:54 AM
I think you have very goods odds -NOT guaranteed. Be sure it's on your reservation and try to check-in as early in the day as possible -they will allow you to have your room assigned even when it is not available. I usually go 1st thing in the morning before heading to the parks.

wildernesslady
02-08-2012, 09:23 AM
I'm not sure if there are stuio rooms even next to each other. At the VWL they are not so they can have a studio, 1 bedroom, or 2 bedroom by connecting the two.

TheDuckRocks
02-08-2012, 09:46 AM
We once had 2 studios next to each other at Boardwalk Villas, but they didn't connect.