PDA

View Full Version : I'm so confused...

antngoof89
02-06-2012, 04:58 PM
I'm at a real toss up here on the dining plan. I have gone once the last two years on the Disney Dining Plan and have had mixed feelings. It's nice to have all of the food options, but we did the Deluxe Plan last month and the Disney Dining Plan the first time both of which I felt kinda sick after because of the immense amount of food. So I've decided if I were to do the dining plan, I'd do the Quick Service and Pay out of pocket for a couple table service meals. My question is, would I be better off just paying out of pocket in case we end up not very hungry? There are only two of us going in May and neither of us are big eaters. We only have 3 table service restaurants we'll be eating at and no other of interest. I also do not eat breakfast and generally eat a very small lunch.

The only thing is, I'm worried because of all the walking in the sun I'll be hungrier than normal and will spend too much money to have no had the dining plan. Dining is the hardest part of this trip! Lol.

SuzieBell
02-06-2012, 05:30 PM
This is always are hardest decision too! First year we paid out of pocket! Sticker shock! Next time we did the DDP. At that time gratuties were included. There are 3 of us me, DH and DS9 at that time. We had SO much food left over and felt sick! This last time DS was 12 but we opted for the QSDP and paid for 2 out pocket meals - Tusker breakfast and o'Hana dinner - both were his special b'day dinners. We ate an early lunch 10/11 as soon as they opened, then ate dinner when we got hungry - depending on how much we ate at lunch and where we ate! We found this to be perfect for us and will do it again. We brought snacks from home but never ate them! We went in June so a lot of sweating. check out the menus and the prices, you can get an idea of how much you would spend. Happy planning!

KatrinaJ91
02-06-2012, 07:24 PM
We love the QS plan...it's a good amount of food and the snacks can be used for a light breakfast. It makes it so nice to not have to worry about paying out of pocket and have it all taken care of ahead of time.

disneynarula
02-07-2012, 08:28 AM
We like the Dining Plan because it's easier to create a food budget without a lot of planning.

elmjimmlm
02-07-2012, 12:02 PM
We have had the basic dining every trip except for last year because we had the QS and I liked it more...We paid out of pocket for Via Napoli and 'Ohana for the only TS meals we had...We didn't have to worry with all the reservations and actually ate when we were hungry...I think it's better for those who don't eat a lot or often!:mickey:

wickedgin
02-07-2012, 06:22 PM
I think I'd go without the dining plan if I were you. We're light eaters at WDW, too, and I found that we could usually split adult CS meals and feel full. On our last trip, we had 4 CS credits left to burn at the last minute (and they wouldn't let us convert them to snack credits). :(

SuzieBell
02-07-2012, 07:48 PM
I think I'd go without the dining plan if I were you. We're light eaters at WDW, too, and I found that we could usually split adult CS meals and feel full. On our last trip, we had 4 CS credits left to burn at the last minute (and they wouldn't let us convert them to snack credits). :(

We actually had several CS credits left over too and bought the couple behind us dinner! We were at Wolfgang Pucks and spent 2 hours talking till we just had to go to catch a flight! Made some great friends and still keep in touch! Great way to spread the magic! And any leftover snacks we bought Mickey rice krispies to take home (or give out!)

lighteningqueen
02-07-2012, 08:46 PM
We just got back from 8 days in the World we had free QS but upgraded to ddp. paid the extra. I wish I had all that money back..I would have been fine with QS this time. The Character breakfast were not as good. Characters in a rush even though tons of tables open Cut down on the variety of food.. Just not the same. People at each others throats over the cost of everything.. The only TS we enjoyed this time and consistantly good was Teppon Edo.It will be a long while before we go back. Tips just about ate us up. Even on those high dollar breakfast which we didnt eat 5.00 worth each off of them.

EeyoresBestFriend
02-11-2012, 01:25 PM
We've done the reg DDP a couple of times and it wasn't worth it for us, but I think if you have one, or more, teenage boys, in his "hoover" stage, it is definitely worth it!! Our nephew on the last trip would eat everyones desert (or anything else) and still be hungry an hour later! :funny:

I think his parents actually saved money that week on food . . . . :D

TinkerbellT421
02-11-2012, 01:35 PM
I'm at a real toss up here on the dining plan. I have gone once the last two years on the Disney Dining Plan and have had mixed feelings. It's nice to have all of the food options, but we did the Deluxe Plan last month and the Disney Dining Plan the first time both of which I felt kinda sick after because of the immense amount of food. So I've decided if I were to do the dining plan, I'd do the Quick Service and Pay out of pocket for a couple table service meals. My question is, would I be better off just paying out of pocket in case we end up not very hungry? There are only two of us going in May and neither of us are big eaters. We only have 3 table service restaurants we'll be eating at and no other of interest. I also do not eat breakfast and generally eat a very small lunch.

The only thing is, I'm worried because of all the walking in the sun I'll be hungrier than normal and will spend too much money to have no had the dining plan. Dining is the hardest part of this trip! Lol.

In my opinion, you sound exactly like DBF and I's eating habits. We actually out of a 7 night trip will have about 6 sit downs. But one might be a lunch buffet where we eat till we are stuffed and then we don't eat again till the next day. So personally it sounds like even the Quick service dinning plan might be a waste for you. You might have to feel like you HAVE to eat that lunch that day because you paid for it already and you have to use it or loose it. Atleast with cash if you don't eat you don't have to worry about the money being gone and wasted. DBF and I are from a cold climate so we are actually the opposite, when's it cold, we eat, when it's hot, I'm lucky if we eat a big meal once a day.

Kairi_7378
02-11-2012, 09:14 PM
The thing that I like about meals at WDW is that they are a good excuse to get out of the heat, sit, and relax. We like that there are quite a few places where we can do that with a QS option. Sometimes, we make a meal out of snack credits if we're not hungry.

Sounds like this might be too much food for you though. Maybe it's time to take a break from the DDP.

LVT
02-11-2012, 09:22 PM
We pay out of pocket. I agree that it gets to be too much food. We also do a lot of sharing, if someone wants to try a little of something or is not hungry enough is is illogical to get large meals.

A Big Kid
02-12-2012, 08:02 AM
We used to do the dining plan but after the value of it was drastically if gradually reduced, we started paying out of pocket.

We did use the dining plan this past January but for a different reason. We originally booked the Poly and were going to pay oop for meals. But after hearing of all the trouble with the reduced monorail hours, we changed our ressies to the POFQ, added the dining plan, and still had money left over.

It was still too much food. It was more than we would have every ordered oop. Don't even mention the deluxe dining plan! I could not EVEN imagine eating that much food!