PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl Commercials

JanetMegan
02-06-2012, 08:44 AM
No post yet on these?

I liked the Peeing in the Pool little boy (Tax Act), the Doritos dog getting the cats, the Sketchers dog in tennis shoes and the dog losing weight for VW. The Detroit commercial was good for the second year in a row and the Chevy end of the world one was pretty funny too ;)

NJGIRL
02-15-2012, 02:20 PM
I didn't watch the Superbowl so I don't know about the commericals, but I'm a little surprised that there are not any comments on them either because they used to be such a big deal . :confused:

Maybe the novelty has worn off and these companies should stop spending millons on a few seconds of TV time.

SBETigg
02-15-2012, 02:24 PM
I'm sure there were a few good ones but I was so focused on the game that I think I zoned out on most commercials. It seems to me that they were not as special, unique, or attention-grabbing as usual. But again, the game overwhelmed me so maybe I missed a lot. I did laugh at an ad the other day and my husband said "we saw that one during the Super Bowl. We're you paying attention?" Um, apparently not.

Melanie
02-18-2012, 01:23 PM
Funny Janet, I thought about starting this thread a few days after the Super Bowl and then forgot again.

To me, the issue this year was we saw them all BEFORE the game. So stupid. I know the Today was showing 2 or 3 of the new ones every day in the week leading up to the game. What's the point?

That said, my favorite was the M&M one. So funny!

SBETigg
02-18-2012, 01:56 PM
Funny Janet, I thought about starting this thread a few days after the Super Bowl and then forgot again.

To me, the issue this year was we saw them all BEFORE the game. So stupid. I know the Today was showing 2 or 3 of the new ones every day in the week leading up to the game. What's the point?

That said, my favorite was the M&M one. So funny!

Yeah, true. They were making a big deal over the Matthew Broderick-Bueller ad but they put it out online before the game, so I had already seen it and it didn't seem fresh. Why would they do that? Pay all that money for SB ad space and put it out early anyway? Maybe more exposure, but it takes a lot of the wow out of it.