PDA

View Full Version : Dance Teams/Cheerleaders

Melanie
02-05-2012, 11:12 AM
I will always pay attention and be very aware of when dance/cheer competitions are taking place from now on. This weekend is some national dance team competition and the groups were out in full force Friday night at the Magic Kingdom. Oh my!

When riding attractions such as Pirates, Small World and the like, I will be very careful to not get on a boat with a group of them. Before we even got on the boat at Pirates, a group of them were yelling and screaming at each other from the two queue areas, and getting in trouble with the CMs for taking flash photos and leaning over railings. Then when half of them got in our boat and half in the boat behind us, they started their chants/cheers with each other. By the time we got past the drop, I asked them to stop and wow, if I ever knew one of my kids spoke like that to an adult, he wouldn't see the light of day for a year. They kept making snide comments throughout the ride, and continued when we got off and were going up the escalator - one being that I was 40 and at Disney without kids (I was with my friend). LOL! That one made me laugh. I finally made the comment that their parents would be ashamed that they were acting like this, and one girl said "nope, I act like this all the time in front of my parents". Sigh.

Anyway, lesson learned on staying completely clear of these groups. I know it doesn't bother some people, and I wish I could just let it roll off my back, but I can't. Couldn't help but think of the boy sitting up front in our boat with his dad and hoping it wasn't his first ride on Pirates of the Caribbean.

Gregandmel
02-05-2012, 11:23 AM
They definitely give a bad name for the cheer & dance groups that go out there. I know that not ALL of them are like that, but when they are trying to show off in front of their friends - WATCH OUT! So sorry that happened to you. When we went end of April, 2010, I knew there was some sort of National Dance/Cheer thing going on, I specifically tried to find out when they were going to be there, where they were staying, and what the planned activities were for the groups so I could avoid whatever park they might be at. They have every right to be at Disney along with everyone else, HOWEVER, it is shameful the way some of them act. Remember - it says more about THEM than it does about YOU! :)

Melanie
02-05-2012, 11:42 AM
They have every right to be at Disney along with everyone else, HOWEVER, it is shameful the way some of them act.

Absolutely, and I should have pointed that out in my initial post, and I know 9 out of 10 of these groups are well behaved. Of course they have every right to be there and have lots of fun. But like we told this particular group when they asked us if they weren't allowed to have fun because they were young at Disney World - there's having fun and then there's just being obnoxious.

SBETigg
02-05-2012, 12:16 PM
Absolutely, and I should have pointed that out in my initial post, and I know 9 out of 10 of these groups are well behaved. Of course they have every right to be there and have lots of fun. But like we told this particular group when they asked us if they weren't allowed to have fun because they were young at Disney World - there's having fun and then there's just being obnoxious.

Oh, but I know that dig about being 40 at WDW without kids really hurt, Mel. Hahaha. They should be so lucky one day. :D That's it, of course-- you were just jealous because you're not a teen on a dance/cheer team. You're like, 40. Gah!

Melanie
02-05-2012, 12:22 PM
Oh, but I know that dig about being 40 at WDW without kids really hurt, Mel. Hahaha. They should be so lucky one day. :D That's it, of course-- you were just jealous because you're not a teen on a dance/cheer team. You're like, 40. Gah!

:funny:

I know! My friend was like "Yay! We're at Disney World WITHOUT kids." :D

Katzateer
02-05-2012, 12:28 PM
We had a HORRIBLE trip one year dealing with cheer competition groups. The worst moments were on the buses and some of the other guests almost got into a fight with the bus driver because he wouldn't control the girls (and the adults with the girls were just as bad).

When we got to the MK several people made a beeline to customer relations.

We could hand it in the resort and in the parks - irritating but we could avoid them. On the bus we couldn't get away.

My worst memory of rude people at WDW other than some of the Brazilian groups.

Gregandmel
02-05-2012, 12:43 PM
I'm 44 years old :secret: and I am just as giddy as my kids are when we are there......and I think it would cut me to the core if someone made mention of my AGE and being there! LOL!! But you are right, Melanie - there is a big difference between having fun and being obnoxious like that. I'm sure most of their parents would be mortified to see that! Gives a bad name for the other percentage of groups out there who are respectful. Guess it doesn't matter where you go - there will always be those who can put a bad spin on things....even in Disney!! :mad:

EeyoresBestFriend
02-05-2012, 01:03 PM
We've run into similar situations several times with the 'teams' breaking into routines or chants in bathrooms or ride lines. I have also found that IF there are chaperones, they were generally not only useless, but encouraging. (Probably old teamers themselves). :mad:

I like to avoid them at all cost. Overall, they seem to be on their own in the parks, unsupervised and in herds, have found them to be out of control most of the time. :shake:

They rate with the BTGs with me.

wdwnutz
02-05-2012, 01:54 PM
We were there a few years ago the last week of April into the first week of May and ran into the same problem. The groups kind of "swarm" the bus, attractions....etc. They are usually unsupervised and very rowdy. Does anyone know generally when the competitions are and to avoid this time of year? :(

Jeri
02-05-2012, 06:00 PM
I was just reading this and a thought came to mind.
Clearly the "adults" don't make them behave, and the girls are being "cool" but I have to wonder what the school would think if they recieved many complaints about these girls?
They are there to have fun, Yes, but they also are there to represent their schools as well.

Maybe I am thinking wrong, but a few pictures or videos of the behaviors sent to the school just might make an impact.
I know at my son's school they make it very known that anytime you are out in public representing the school you are expected to behave and follow the rules of conduct at all times.

Just a thought, probably not a good solution, but an idea anyway.

magicofdisney
02-05-2012, 08:11 PM
Clearly the "adults" don't make them behave, and the girls are being "cool" but I have to wonder what the school would think if they recieved many complaints about these girls?
They are there to have fun, Yes, but they also are there to represent their schools as well.

Maybe I am thinking wrong, but a few pictures or videos of the behaviors sent to the school just might make an impact.
I know at my son's school they make it very known that anytime you are out in public representing the school you are expected to behave and follow the rules of conduct at all times.

I think this is a great idea. With so many smart phones with cameras it can't be that difficult to catch them in action. They annoy me to no end.

wildernesslady
02-05-2012, 10:08 PM
I am bringing my dance studio to the World in November to perform. They know that it is a priveledge to do so. If any of them are disrespectful, they will not be welcome back to Disney or the studio. Their manners were taught beforehand at home. Obviously, these girls never learned this valuable lesson. I'm guessing they didn't enjoy their trip as much as they could have if they took the time enjoy all that Disney has to offer without being so disruptive.

Dopey's Girl
02-05-2012, 11:37 PM
I know that 99% of the groups are well behaved and respectful, but I avoid those competition times now too. Two or three years ago u change rooms at CBR because there were girls screeching, running through the halls and banging on doors at all hours of the night. Even my scary voice and nasty bed head didn't scare them into being quiet. Between that and constant cheering on buses, I was really annoyed!

Gator
02-05-2012, 11:40 PM
Yeah, I've been there several times with them and they generally terrible. I know I've read some reports that 9 out of 10 are good, but that's not my experience. The dance/cheer teams... loud, invasive, in-your-face ... pretty tough to deal with. Even the "good" groups are loud and over-bearing.

And it's even worse when their at your resort. That's an experience I'd rather not have again. Do I go in January when Spash Mt and other rides are closed? Or do I go in early Feb when the refurbs are done but the dance groups are swarming? Tough choice.

Melanie
02-06-2012, 08:00 AM

I did think about this later, and although many of the groups had on shirts identifying where they were from, this group did not.

One time we were staying at Riverside during Pop Warner and this was indeed annoying in the courtyards and busses, even though Pop Warner is younger kids.

Like I said, lesson learned. I will avoid at all costs. It's a shame that well behaved groups, like yours will be wildernesslady, gets lumped in with these unruly ones. :(

ronandjulie
02-06-2012, 09:19 AM
The only kids who act worse than the cheerleaders are the kids the come on Night of Joy. Those are some of the worst kids that I have ever seen.

Dopey's Girl
02-06-2012, 12:42 PM
The only kids who act worse than the cheerleaders are the kids the come on Night of Joy. Those are some of the worst kids that I have ever seen.

That just seems so wrong. Come for the night of joy, and act up? Yikes.

brivers222
02-06-2012, 12:44 PM
I will always pay attention and be very awarone being that I was 40 and at Disney without kids (I was with my friend). LOL! That one made me laugh.

BAZINGA!!!

lol i am sure they really thought that would hurt you the most as all of their idols reside on MTVs "FIFTEEEN & PREGNANT" and "TEEN MOM 2"

haha oh joys, its kids like that where you just wish they had a mass required contraceptive.

Disney Hungarian
02-11-2012, 08:33 PM
When I arrived at the AS-sp on Feb. 4th the dance teams and Field hockey teams were there. Dance teams left for the most part by the 7th. It was quiet on the 8th. So, I booked an extra night for the 10th. Well, the cheer squads showed up on the 9th and it was a mess. I have never seen so many rude un-supervised teens in one place at one time before. They had 3 security guards at my building at night. Shameful. The South American groups were there too. Funny, they were more behaved than the Americans.

Melanie
02-11-2012, 08:39 PM
When I arrived at the AS-sp on Feb. 4th the dance teams and Field hockey teams were there. Dance teams left for the most part by the 7th. It was quiet on the 8th. So, I booked an extra night for the 10th. Well, the cheer squads showed up on the 9th and it was a mess. I have never seen so many rude un-supervised teens in one place at one time before. They had 3 security guards at my building at night. Shameful. The South American groups were there too. Funny, they were more behaved than the Americans.

Yeah, I was actually surprised to see them at the parks yesterday when I came over for the day. If not for the cheerleaders, AK would have been completely dead yesterday. They were everywhere! I thought it was over already though. :unsure:

MNNHFLTX
02-11-2012, 08:55 PM
Wow, Mel, it must have been bad for it to get to you. In moments like that I just thank God that those aren't my kids. Can you imagine being their parents?? :shake:

I will never understand bringing large groups of young teens on a trip to Disney World and then cutting them loose without supervision.

CanadaLovesDisney
02-11-2012, 11:22 PM
Last February I could not BELIEVE how poorly the cheerleaders at CBR were behaving! Cutting us to get on the bus. Glaring at us and actually making comments about us out loud. On a bus a group in full cheer gear were talking about a wallet they found at another park and how they stole all the money and contents. We were disgusted! Gang mentality basically makes them feel invincible. We couldnt believe disney allowed it. They practiced outside our room at 11:30 pm screaming chants. Never again would we put up with that.
First two weeks of February - never ever again.

FenwayGirl
02-12-2012, 12:30 PM
I had a similar experience..but with College Cheer teams! Pretty bad, because it involved alcohol!! I refused to put my family on the same bus with that team. They were drunk, and out of control as we waited for the bus back to our resort. The college was notified and the team repremanded. It was the only time in all of my visits that I actually felt unsafe@

Kairi_7378
02-12-2012, 09:34 PM
We flew out of MCO on the 7th and were stuck at the Southwest counter and security behind a dance team. Based on that experience, I would avoid dance competition weeks at WDW.

missouridisney
02-13-2012, 12:31 PM
We were there last week with these groups, bascially the ones we saw were all ok, we just tried not to ride the rides the same time we did, Hollywood Studios was the worst as far as amount of teams. We rode the bus back to our resort with a group one night, but they were so tired most of them slept, we also flew back to St. Louis with a group and they were all quiet, (also tired) they did win 7th place by the way, congratulations to them.
My only complaint was the Brazilian groups, why don't they split up and not have to have 50+ people going on a ride or walking together, way too many and I don't like it when they are walking around singing at the top of their lungs, chanting something. I really can't see us going to their country doing that, but maybe some would. But right now I would take any of that compared to being back in Mo. with 3 inches of snow, this time last week 80 degress, today below 30:thedolls:

garymacd
02-15-2012, 11:19 AM
I am bringing my dance studio to the World in November to perform. They know that it is a priveledge to do so. If any of them are disrespectful, they will not be welcome back to Disney or the studio. Their manners were taught beforehand at home. Obviously, these girls never learned this valuable lesson. I'm guessing they didn't enjoy their trip as much as they could have if they took the time enjoy all that Disney has to offer without being so disruptive.

Just being devil's advocate on this because I don't really understand the whole cheerleader/dance team thing. It just isn't a big deal where we live.

Aren't the cheeleading teams and dance teams the elite of their schools? And do the rules we mere mortals have to follow really apply to the elite?

(Tongue planted firmly in cheek)

BrerGnat
02-15-2012, 12:39 PM
Disney should build a small hotel at the WWOS complex to house all these cheer/pop warner/dance competition groups.

Sorry, but I would be BEYOND upset if my hotel stay was impacted by any of these kinds of obnoxious groups of people.

It's bad enough to run into them on the parks, but I can't even imagine staying in the same hotel as them. :-o

HackLaSalle
02-16-2012, 12:03 AM
Painting with a broad brush no matter the group can be hurtful. As a male cheerleader I was subjected to alot of stereotypes... let's not knock ALL cheerleaders/dance teams because of some groups that are not well behaved. I've met some awesome kids and groups while down there during Pop Warner week. And yeah there is some trouble but then again there's trouble with everyone: bikers, religious people, south american tour groups, amish, deaf people, blind people, Autistic people, people with tattoos, fat people, people with strollers... etc... etc...

Sometimes people stink no matter what group they belong to.

mickeys_princess_mom
02-16-2012, 08:29 AM
What a shame that some sponsors and parents are allowing this kind of behavior! I brought my junior high Dance Teams to Disney for the competitions, and it was such a treat for them! We washed cars, did all sorts of fundraisers to make this possible, and for many from our little town it was a once-in-a-lifetime magical experience. My girls were thrilled to be there, and had been hand-picked as a team based not just on dance ability but overall character. They were well-chaperoned, and acted like young ladies while we had tons of fun. I do know not all the groups are like this.

We stayed at the same resorts as other dance teams and cheer squads, and we all did need to practice a little before the competition. For us, it was a few runs with a little CD player outside, and we were done. I know by the nature of cheering that their groups were a little more heard. :)

I am sure many people at the resort may have wished they had picked another time of year to visit, but I hope we were not part of the problem. Being newbies to the whole deal (I started the Dance Team at my school), we were a little blown away by the levels of the competitive nature of some of the groups. We did make make many great memories that we still treasure!

One of my 'girls' is now 24 and fighting for her life as we speak after a lung transplant. She has been one of the most vivacious, spirited people I've ever known all her life, really an inspiration. Her mom used to quietly slip into practice and take her in a back room to administer treatments for her CF, and then my girl would jump right back in with a wide smile. A few days after the transplant I sent her our huge trophy from our first Disney competition. I felt she deserved to hold onto it as she recovered. She has earned it many times.

I know I digressed a little here, but it has been an emotional past week as she battles pneumonia after a seemingly terrific comeback. She went back to WDW for her honeymoon, and is planning to celebrate her "lungaversary", as she calls it, right there in the Magic in April, in 55 days.:mickey: Still has the most amazing spirit of any girl I've known. This morning I just want to hear she is awake and speaking.

There are so many reasons to have these events and for young people to make these memories.

And there is absolutely no excuse for them to ruin the memories for anyone else.

Melanie
02-16-2012, 09:54 AM
Painting with a broad brush no matter the group can be hurtful. As a male cheerleader I was subjected to alot of stereotypes... let's not knock ALL cheerleaders/dance teams because of some groups that are not well behaved.

I'm very sorry if you feel I personally painted a broad stroke here. I did clarify a few posts down that it's definitely not all the groups, and in the past few weeks, I saw many well-behaved groups. Unfortunately, these misbehaving groups leave such a bad impression that it's what gets talked about. I even told the girls that it's groups like them that have given the cheerleaders such a bad name throughout the Disney community. Yes, I told them that, and yes, I was at Disney without kids and I'm 40! ;)

So again, I'm sorry. You are absolutely right that members of ANY group can be rude at any time, but it's also fact that the only group I've ever had issue with at WDW were cheerleaders. I steer clear of the South American groups and will now do the same with cheerleaders.

mickeys_princess_mom
02-16-2012, 11:41 AM
Yes, I told them that, and yes, I was at Disney without kids and I'm 40! ;)

I have no problem with that, either! As ready as I am to take my grandprincess, my grown DD and I have a ball every time! :wave: :wave:

ransam
02-16-2012, 11:52 AM
we just got back, stayed at the Sports Resort where 90% of it was dance teams. I can honestly say we had no problems. they were all well behaved, and very polite. sure there were loud, but they're kids, and having a great time. I have no issue w/ that. . As a matter of fact, i thought they added a lot to the resort and park w/ thier youth, enthuiasm.

the only problem i had was they all met at the swimming pool and i felt uncomfortably old going down there at night to read or chill like i like to do. ha

ransam
02-16-2012, 12:24 PM
i'd like to add a couple things as i reread through the thread.

It does really stink when someone/ anyone is rude to you. I can tell you that it happens to me all the time. As someone who is over weight and handicapped, i will say that i get more comments from adults than i do the teens. For the most part they are very helpful to me. but it is a shame that some feel the need to show off and be rude just because they are w/ friends. Unfortuantely I am sure i did the same thing years ago. Not proud, but i'm sure i did.

Add me to the over 40, closer to 50 than 40, year olds that go to disney w/ no kids in site and will continue to do so.

and finally i know Kids, rudeness, evc riders, cheerleaders, long Lines, humidity, bus lines, crowds, groups chanting and singing at the top of their lines, and rude people of all ages-races-sexes-groups can be annoying, but i have learned to never ever let that ruin my vacation. never. I am always happy at WDW. My friend and i have a saying we say al lthe time "there are no problems at Disney" . and that's honestly how we feel and how we approach Disney.

Mendelson
02-16-2012, 09:30 PM
To add a positive note to all this (and not completely related).... my wife and 12-month-old (at the time) and I were on a flight that had a two-hour delay on the tarmac back in October. There was a high school boys tennis team on the plane with us, pretty much all around us, and they were so extremely polite and friendly and well-behaved throughout the entire ordeal, right up until landing, even trying to engage with my son to keep him happy.

Because we would be quick to email a school about their misbehaving cheer-monsters, my wife was equally quick to send an email to the principal of the school when we got to our destination, telling him how impressed we were with the students. Restored my faith in this cohort of whippersnappers! :mickey:

mickeys_princess_mom
02-16-2012, 09:41 PM
To add a positive note to all this (and not completely related).... my wife and 12-month-old (at the time) and I were on a flight that had a two-hour delay on the tarmac back in October. There was a high school boys tennis team on the plane with us, pretty much all around us, and they were so extremely polite and friendly and well-behaved throughout the entire ordeal, right up until landing, even trying to engage with my son to keep him happy.

Because we would be quick to email a school about their misbehaving cheer-monsters, my wife was equally quick to send an email to the principal of the school when we got to our destination, telling him how impressed we were with the students. Restored my faith in this cohort of whippersnappers! :mickey:

Like! :mickey:
And to add another positive note, my Lizzie (mentioned above) is coming back strong! So relieved and thankful! Big change in a day! :cloud9:

TinkerbellFan16
02-18-2012, 02:55 PM
I was there 12/10-12/12 and the National High School Cheerleading Championships were going on and I had the same problem. I also had a HUGE problem with them on Pirates and some other rides. I was appalled. And don't even get me started on apparel. Sunday that I was there it was 35 degrees in the morning and they were still wearing short shorts, and complaining LOUDLY about how cold they were. -___-

mom2morgan
02-19-2012, 12:26 AM
*sigh* I didn't want to whine and sound unkind, but I must say that "cheer competitions" at the food court at 8:00 in the morning is a bit much. And the pushing and shoving along the pathways and at the pool at POR. I teach high school and I've taken kids on field trips, and I just DON'T UNDERSTAND why the adults don't make these kids behave. Shouting and cartwheeling in the food court isn't cute - it's just rude.

Quadstriker
02-19-2012, 01:53 AM
Seeing as how food courts at PoP etc. are like WW1 battles between the trenches in the mornings on a "normal" day, I can't even imagine the level of exasperation cheer/dance teams would add to the fire. :ack:

DisneyMelissa
02-19-2012, 12:33 PM
I was at MK with my best friend on 2/11. There were a lot of groups of cheerleaders, and some tour groups as well. One group in particular (To be honest, I am not sure if they were a cheerleading or a tour group) was in front of us on IASM. It was absolutely appalling. They were loudly cheering throughout the whole ride. In the last scene (the snowy scene with the ferris wheel) our ride got stopped for about 15 minutes due to technical difficulties. It was our boat, with the tour group boat in front of us, an empty boat (that can hold wheelchairs) and then another boat of the tour group girls in front of that. They started standing up and jumping from boat to boat, dancing around inside of the previously empty boat. After getting restless for awhile, they started to jump out of the boats onto the scenes and started running around inside of the ride!!

The thing that really irked me was that a worker came out of the emergency exit in the very last farewell scene and saw them standing in the boats, running around, etc...yet they did nothing! All they did was go back to the security tower at the beginning of the ride. The worker who let the girls off of the boat was very irritated (I think he was able to see them running in the farewell scene), but did not say anything to the girls at all. I couldn't believe it. Is that protocol?!

disneynarula
02-25-2012, 07:07 AM
I just had a similar run in at the food court on the military base where we live. They are having some sort of European cheer and basketball competition. They were cheering in the restroom and my son really needed to use it. They acted really put out by us!

The "chaperones" probably acted the same way as teens.

Ummm.... cheerleaders have never been the "elite" of the school due to character or academics. I want to be at Disney with the Mathaletes!

kcrc
02-25-2012, 06:38 PM
Wow - all I can say is that I'm glad my daughter - an 8th grader who is a cheerleader and honor student with A+ averages in all her classes - doesn't read these boards. Generalities are not cool....

Jillirose
02-26-2012, 09:43 AM

:thumbsup:
I think a lot can be avoided by outlining expectations before the trip. Our school has a mandatory parent meeting before the 8th grade class trip. We were clearly told our son/daughter would be flown home on our dime (also paying for a chaperone), if there were significant problems. The parents and students are reminded they represent our school and the same rules apply.

mickeys_princess_mom
02-26-2012, 02:29 PM
:thumbsup:
I think a lot can be avoided by outlining expectations before the trip. Our school has a mandatory parent meeting before the 8th grade class trip. We were clearly told our son/daughter would be flown home on our dime (also paying for a chaperone), if there were significant problems. The parents and students are reminded they represent our school and the same rules apply.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

disneynarula
02-27-2012, 11:30 AM
I wonder how well the rules are enforced? And it just not "cheerleaders" that are a problem. It's any large group of teens/kids that are not supervised.

badkitty
02-27-2012, 02:14 PM
I wonder how well the rules are enforced? And it just not "cheerleaders" that are a problem. It's any large group of teens/kids that are not supervised.

Exactly!

I live next to a high school and middle school. It seemed like a good idea at the time...

My house is the stopping ground for parents dropping off and picking up their little darlings every day so my area is a hangout for large groups of mostly 7th, 8th and 9th graders. It only takes one disruptive child to get the whole group labeled. I am guilty of generalizing that all middle school kids are rude and destructive based on my experiences of the ones waiting on my corner. My fence is destroyed, I can't get in or out of my driveway, and trash is left on the lawn every day. They are rude when I ask them nicely to get off the fence or out of the driveway so that I can pass. Some of the middle school girls can be so "mouthy" when they are in a group. They are just showing off but I've been called the crabby old lady when I ask them to quiet down. (I'm under 50 BTW!)

I've also found the parents can be just as rude. I typically have vehicles waiting in front of or in my driveway every morning and afternoon. I caught one parent pushing their fast food bags out of their car onto the ground in front of my driveway and just shrugged when I asked them to pick it up!

Every year brings a new crop of kids. Some are better and some are worse than the year before. My mother always said that she would get even with me for all the times I was naughty as a child. I asked her how and she replied, "just wait until you have kids!" I never had children of my own but I have hundreds of them passing by my house daily (adding in the weekend games). My mom's revenge is complete! HA!

MNNHFLTX
02-27-2012, 03:49 PM
Wow - all I can say is that I'm glad my daughter - an 8th grader who is a cheerleader and honor student with A+ averages in all her classes - doesn't read these boards. Generalities are not cool....I agree that negative generalizations are unfair to those who do not act that way, such as your daughter. However, these experiences with certain groups come up often enough on the boards that it is clear there are problems with the way things are done. IMO, Disney should require with group bookings that there is a code of conduct and certain rules that are enforced by chaperones. After all, the kids are representing their school (or church or athletic organization or whatever) so why would the adults involved in these trips want them to leave a negative impression?

mom2morgan
02-27-2012, 04:23 PM
Wow - all I can say is that I'm glad my daughter - an 8th grader who is a cheerleader and honor student with A+ averages in all her classes - doesn't read these boards. Generalities are not cool....
Problem is - I'm not talking about generalizations. I'm talking about specific, actual experiences.

Aurora
02-28-2012, 10:03 AM
I agree that negative generalizations are unfair to those who do not act that way, such as your daughter. However, these experiences with certain groups come up often enough on the boards that it is clear there are problems with the way things are done. IMO, Disney should require with group bookings that there is a code of conduct and certain rules that are enforced by chaperones. After all, the kids are representing their school (or church or athletic organization or whatever) so why would the adults involved in these trips want them to leave a negative impression?

I totally agree, but after reading some people's experiences, I'm not confident that Disney would do anything to enforce any kind of code of conduct.

MNNHFLTX
02-28-2012, 05:46 PM
I totally agree, but after reading some people's experiences, I'm not confident that Disney would do anything to enforce any kind of code of conduct.Absolutely agree, and therein lies the problem. :(

Wolf
02-29-2012, 11:39 AM
When are these groups present? I want to avoid these times, not that I think they are bad kids just that I get my "Grr" face on pretty easily..

disneynarula
02-29-2012, 03:48 PM
I will often check Disney's Wide World of Sports for events before I book a trip.