PDA

View Full Version : EMH & Crowds

wdwcarrie
02-03-2012, 09:36 PM
We are taking our DS, who will be just under three, for his first trip in August. I just checked park hours today and found that the MK has morning EMH on the day after we arrive (our first day in the parks). We really wanted to take him to MK first, but are a little hesitant now, fearing that EMH will mean huge crowds! I'd love any input about crowd levels on those days! Thanks!

mechanic
02-04-2012, 02:17 AM
I've never noticed the crowd surge from emh, but most pros say it's real. That being said, I think it would thin down as day goes on. Then you have to think you really want your first day at Disney to be at mk. I say go for it. You're on site. Your son is very young. Do what you can with a good plan. Go back to hotel for afternoon nap. Then hit park again in evening.

Butters
02-04-2012, 04:31 PM
I've noticed EMH days are definitely busier, what I would do is go to EMH, then after a few hours when the park gets full hop to another park for the day, then go back to MK the next day which tends to be less crowded the day after EMH.

DANAM
02-04-2012, 07:16 PM
We always plan our trip to arrive on EMH nights at MK! We get to the park about and hour before the evening parade. Grab something to eat at a CS and off we go. We normally ride mostly everything open for EMH that first night. It gives us a good jump on the week. If you will be arriving earlier that day I suggest do a few things not openned later that night and go back to the room to nap and come back about an hour before the parade. Don't make the mistake of getting there during or just before the parade because you will be stuck on Main Street.

mechanic
02-05-2012, 08:25 PM
She's arriving on morning emh day. But everything you advised is very good.

wdwfansince75
02-05-2012, 09:38 PM
I am a morning person, and usually do Morning EMH, meeting up with the late risers in our family after several hours of short lines. I have never noticed any park being particularly "packed" for morning EMH. Stay with your plan, and head right for Fantasyland.

wdwcarrie
02-06-2012, 02:48 PM
Thanks for all the advice! We really wanted to take him to MK first not only because it's so sentimentally Disney (seeing the castle!), but because so many of the rides (Peter Pan, Pooh, etc.) would be perfect first rides. I think we'll plan on it, and if he's cranky that morning, and we can't get there for EMH, we'll have a backup first-day park.

Thanks again!

CuteAsMinnie
02-06-2012, 03:04 PM
May I highly recommend you take advantage of EMH at MK for your child's first visit to MK! IF you arrive plenty early, you will most definitely find it less crowded and pleasant to experience what you like in the early morning hours. That being said, do be prepared to head back to your resort for a nap/break when the park does begin to fill up, usually around lunch time. We still use this strategy at MK even tho our kids are in their late teens because nothing in the World beats MK in the early morning hours.

Enjoy! :mickey: