PDA

View Full Version : Two Year Old & Character Meal?

wdwcarrie
02-03-2012, 09:07 PM
We are taking our DS for his first trip to the World this August; he will be a month shy of his third birthday. We are debating whether or not to do a character breakfast with him. He loves Disney--the main Disney Junior shows, Dumbo, Pooh, 101 Dalmatians, Toy Story (we're staying at AS Movies)--but we've undecided on a character meal. Any thoughts? And if you think it's a good idea, can you recommend one?

Thanks in advance!

ElenitaB
02-03-2012, 09:39 PM
Since you mentioned that he loves Pooh, I'd suggest Crystal Palace. It's especially worth going if you can get an early morning ADR on a non-EMH morning, for the chance to walk down a fairly empty Main Street. And if he really likes the Disney Jr. characters, it would be fun for him to go to the Hollywood & Vine breakfast. I'd definitely recommend breakfast as I always found that doing this first thing in the morning meant that his focus was on breakfast and the characters, rather then wanting to go on another ride or see another show.

I definitely thought it was worth going, rather than taking park time to wait on lines. When my son was small, our days consisted of arriving early to the parks, staying until right after lunch, going back to the hotel for an afternoon nap and then returning to the parks in the late afternoon. This didn't leave much time for standing on line to get autographs.

DANAM
02-04-2012, 07:09 PM
Hollywood and Vine is really good. We have only been for lunch and dinner but I am sure the breakfast is just as good. We have never had a bad experience there and we have been every trip. I would highly recommend this place!

minnie-mouse
02-04-2012, 07:14 PM
Crystal Palace is definitely good for that age w Pooh Bear, Piglet, Tigger and Eyeore. Also Chef Mickeys too with Mickey and pals.

Jillirose
02-05-2012, 11:20 AM
We have two children, one loved the character breakfast at that age, the other was a little freaked out by the characters (not worth the $$ for him!).

Auroring Good Time
02-05-2012, 10:33 PM
I vote for Crystal Palace. It depends on your child as to how they will react. My son at age 10 months loved the character breakfast. At age 3, not so much.

AgentC
02-05-2012, 11:06 PM
I've taken both my children to character breakfasts and they loved it.

Which meal really depends on what he likes. As a few people mentioned if he likes Disney Jr,

Hollywood and Vine is good, but they do have some of the older characters there- Little Einsteins, Handy Manny & Special Agent Oso.

Crystal Palace as mentioned has Winnie the Pooh characters. I think breakfast there is a nice first character meal especially if you do it early which allows you on MK before opening.

Mickey is at several meals with different characters usually some combination of Pluto, Goofy, Donald, Daisy, Minnie or Chip and Dale. Ohana's has Mickey, Pluto, Lilo & Stitch (breakfast only).

My daughter loves Stitch and my son loves Mickey, so Ohana's is always one of our favorites too. It is also family style so though you may not have the variety , you don't have to get up.

Mickey'sGirl
02-06-2012, 01:08 PM
I would recommend the Crystal Palace too. The breakfast really is very good, and the characters are Pooh related. I would take him. :thumbsup:

PETE FROM NYC
02-06-2012, 01:33 PM
Many, many moons ago, my now 24 yo niece was 2 1/2 on her first trip. At first she was afraid of any and all characters, until she met a few walking around the parks. Then, PRESTO, she could not get enough of them, meaning that sometimes she would hold on to them not wanting to let go. We took her to a character breakfast at the then called Empress Lily. She had a ball.

Ricbr
02-06-2012, 02:30 PM
I definitely have to give a vote for the Crystal Palace as well. We have 3 boys and my youngest was just under a year old. He LOVED tigger and pooh.

You also (as others have mentioned) need to make an earlier ADR so that you can get in the park before it opens. There is nothing like walking down an empty mainstreet without being surrounded by the masses. It makes for some incredible photo opportunities infront of the castle with no one around you.

wdwcarrie
02-06-2012, 02:51 PM
Thanks for all the input. The idea of being at Crystal Palace early is very appealing, especially since we can find Manny and Jake pretty easily in the Studios, and as Disney Visa cardholders, we can have a meet-n-greet with Mickey at Epcot. He loves the new Pooh movie and that would be the last group of characters we probably HAVE to see!

Thanks again!