PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Tree Tavern or Crystal Palace

DANAM
02-03-2012, 05:29 PM
I just don't know what to do and I figured everyone here could help. We have been to Crystal Palace several times and I just don't love it but my family does. My kids are 7 and 10 so characters are no longer a factor. I am considering trying Liberty Tree Tavern but I just don't know much about it. We would be eating lunch or dinner at either place. What would you pick?

MNNHFLTX
02-03-2012, 06:07 PM
I haven't eaten the dinner at Liberty Tree in a long time, as I'm not a fan of its family-style high-carb offerings. But I do love eating lunch there (a regular menu, not prix fixe). The Freedom Pasta is my favorite (yes, I know it has carbs, but not as many as the mashed potatoes/stuffing/mac and cheese they serve at the dinner!) The Colony Salad is delicious too. I would definitely recommend lunch.

Basket Mommy
02-03-2012, 06:39 PM
I'm just the opposite of Beth. We LOVE the LTT family style dinner and were disappointed with the lunch we had there last week. We thought lunch was the same as dinner and didn't care much for the lunch menu. I missed the turkey and stuffing!

If I had to choose between the two, I'd go for Crystal Palace. I love that place... so many options on the buffet!

mickeys_princess_mom
02-03-2012, 10:33 PM
We ate at the Crystal Palace one time, and swore that unless we brought children who wanted to see characters, we were pretty much done with that! Lots of interaction, but many interruptions if you weren't looking for that. Over and over. Lol. Food was fine, and young children would probably love the whole thing. We ate at LTT during the Christmas holidays recently, and considered that our new pleasant surprise find! Thoroughly enjoyed the turkey and dressing! In fact, I need to book that for the next trip! ;)There was NO walking up and getting in when we went. (We were just hoping to go a little earlier that our ADR--no luck).

wdwnutz
02-04-2012, 11:11 AM
Another option might be to take the monorail or resort boats (nice relaxing trip) to Grand Floridian for 1900 Park Fare (which we are trying for the first time!), or the Polynesian for Ohana (our family favorite) or the Contemporary for Chef Mickey's (our other family favorite!). We have been to Crystal Palace many times and no longer enjoy it. The last two times we were there the service was very slow and we had to ask several times for refills, extra napkins and to have dirty plates taken away. Food was just ok. We haven't been to Liberty Tavern since they stopped the character meal. But the food then was pretty good, very simple but satisfying meal.

DANAM
02-04-2012, 06:41 PM
Okay I was leaning towards lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern so maybe I will do that. We are booked at 'Ohana and 1900 Park Fare already I was looking to try somewhere new too.

wdwnutz
02-05-2012, 01:27 PM
Please let us know how Liberty Tree Tavern is, I haven't seen a report lately since the characters left.

PETE FROM NYC
02-05-2012, 04:01 PM
DW and I have had supper at both places, and enjoyed the food at both.
Sure, more variety at CP buffet, but we still try to do both at least once each trip.
As far as characters, we are both big kids, but character interaction takes second place to decent food.

Silver_Surfer
02-06-2012, 12:14 AM
I was like you, dont judge the LTT from the outside. The Liberty Tree Tavern was awsome:thumbsup:

CuteAsMinnie
02-06-2012, 04:31 PM
Love, love, love The Crystal Palace :cloud9: It's just such a pretty place. Love the food, breakfast-lunch-dinner. Love the atmosphere and now watching all the little ones. We will never turn town a hug from Pooh and Friends and especially when one of them gently will encourage a hug from teenage DS :blush: As priceless now as when he was a screaming "don't come near me" 2 year old.

LTT - I've only used the restroom in there but I can say the tables were awfully crammed together with no room to spare.

:mickey:

jarajam
02-07-2012, 09:52 AM
we adore crystal palace bfast and go every trip, but last time (Nov) we skipped it and opted for lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern. We hadn't been since they stopped the characters and I was a little worried...actually a lot... there was a lot of pouting about skipping CP... It was a huge hit with everyone. No characters which bummed my 4 and 8 year old a lilttle, but they loved the food options. My older daughter 17, and my husband loved the burgers, and he is picky about burgers. I had the colony salad and it was fantastic. The ooey gooey toffee cake for dessert was ridiculously good. I think we liked the lunch menu better than we did the dinner. We will definitely go back.

Gator
02-07-2012, 12:43 PM
Slam dunk. Go to LTT! The food is a really good there, and the atmosphere is very nice. If the characters were there, we'd go there instead of Crystal Palace everytime. In fact, we did until LTT lost the characters. Go there - you won't regret it.

princessgirls
02-07-2012, 01:56 PM
We really really enjoyed our meal at Liberty Tree on our past trip in August. So much in fact, we rated it one of our top 5 of the trip!!

Food and service were excellent!

Julie:mickey:

iheartdisney
02-10-2012, 10:59 AM
Our last trip, LTT was only on our schedule because we couldn't get a ressie anywhere else in MK. It ended up being our favorite meal of the trip....and we ate at California Grill that trip!

MushuGrl
02-11-2012, 10:53 AM
I've never eaten at CP (must remedy that next trip) but I'm a HUGE fan of LTT. We haven't been to WDW if we don't there. The turkey and dressing is awesome, and my sister loves the pasta.

I gotta get off Intercot now...been looking at the Dining forum all morning and I'm about to eat the furniture I'm so hungry....