PDA

View Full Version : Not so scary Halloween questions

MikeJake
02-03-2012, 10:48 AM
For our first trip ever this fall, we are planning on going to this party. While i realize that it is a cost outside of park tickets, i am wondering the timing, how long it takes, is it worth the cost, and any other thoughts about the experience.

Thanks.

brivers222
02-03-2012, 10:53 AM
On select nights (usually released end of april and go on sale may 1st) MK closes at 7pm to the general population. With your seperate ticket you can enter in MK at 7pm (now it has been noted that you can arrive early as 4pm with these tickets and still get in without using a day of our regular tickets) and stay until 12pm.

Personally I have been to both MNSSHP and MVMCP... I will say that I like the halloween party so much better. Its fun to see everyone dressed up and all the candy you get wow!

We are going this year over Halloween so I am hoping to once again get 3 parties in :)

Scott C
02-03-2012, 01:49 PM
We have been the last two year and have had a great time at each one. It does seem a bit of a waste to use a park ticket on the same day of the party since your party ticket will get you in for 8 hours on its own. Don't plan on doing too many attractions that night. Be sure to catch the parade, the fireworks and the castle shows. The trick-or-treating can also be fun also.

Thanks
Scott C

spinnerf
02-03-2012, 03:34 PM
However, since it is your first visit, if there is a particular ride you found difficult to get on during the day, you will be able to ride it with minimal to no wait at the MNSSHP. The paarty is fantastic.

ronandjulie
02-03-2012, 03:51 PM
Of all things Disney.... MNSSHP is the absolute best. Seeing everyone in costume, not just the kids, is amazing! The Boo To You parade is our favorite of all the parades and HAllowishes is only beaten by the special Independence Day and New Years Eve fireworks shows. We go every year.

DANAM
02-03-2012, 05:14 PM
I would go to MNSSHP, hands down. Our family really enjoyed it when we went. If you are into autograph's you will see charters that only come out for the party. I don't think we even were able to see all the shows. There was just so much to do. The kids really enjoyed trick or treating. There was something for everyone to do. Well worth the money.

Kaps
02-04-2012, 10:43 AM
It has really become a popular event and the kids really do enjoy it. If you have never benn it is worth it.

TheVBs
02-05-2012, 07:46 AM
:welcome:

We did the Halloween party for the first time this past fall. We had a wonderful time! Like anything Disney, there's too much to do it all, so it would be a good idea to figure out what's most important to you.

For us, the fireworks and parade were the highlights. We loved seeing all of the different characters around, but the lines were very long, so we had to pick and choose who to see. There was no way to see them all. The Villains show in front of the castle was great! One of the girls favorite things to do was the Stitch dance party. There was another dance party in another part of the park, but we didn't make it over there. The rides were walk ons, but you could easily pass on those if you know you're going to hit them another time. Trick or treating was fun, lots of candy, but I think the girls could have done one line and been happy with that.

mickey&missy
02-05-2012, 03:34 PM
Of all things at WDW Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party is probably my favorite!!! In fact, we love it so much we went twice during our trip this past October!!

You can usually start entering the park at 4 pm on your party ticket! Which makes for some extra park time!

We usually have a rest day on a party day and eliminate a day from the tickets. That way we're not wasting any days!

No matter what I think you'll have a blast!!

tinkman
02-06-2012, 05:56 AM
We have attended both the Christmas party and Holloween parties and they both have their good and bad points. The Holloween party is fun because it's a chance to dress up yourselves and have fun. Don't miss the parade and fireworks, and see the stage show if you can get close enough. Under no circumstances should you miss the Haunted Mansion! The CM's that work there go way above and beyond their normal creepiness and it is so much fun.

BriarRose0708
02-06-2012, 10:57 AM
Yes! Go! I have done the Halloween Party twice and it's completely worth it. As others have said, the Hallowishes special fireworks and Boo to You Halloween Parade are not to be missed. There are also an array of rare characters out during the party (very popular ones are Snow White with all Seven Dwarfs), trick-or-treat routes, and special Halloween merchandise available. Most of the attractions are up and running and usually walk-ons, especially after Hallowishes and the second parade route. The park seems to really clear out after that.

Hope you decide to go, you won't be disappointed!