PDA

View Full Version : How would you do "One More Day"?

DonD
02-01-2012, 09:14 AM
I know there are a lot of discussions of the this event but didn't see anything specific to a strategy. We are going to be at the World for the One More Day event and wondered how we should do it. I have to believe that tons of people will want to experience this so it will be packed. So how you do the day?

We have 4 boys (7,10,12,15). I was thinking of getting there at the opening at 6am, staying until it gets packed, go back to our resort maybe return late afternoon, back to our resort for dinner/nap? and return late evening (10 or 11) and stay until the boys run out of steam (or I do :)).

Any thoughts? Thanks, Don

DizneyRox
02-01-2012, 09:49 AM
I've got a feeling that it's going to be at some phase of closure much of the day. I'm not sure that leaving the park would be all that good of an idea. I could be wrong...

It's a novel idea, but not something I would bend over backwards to attend. Last time I pulled an all-nighter, I was shot for the next three days playing catch up.

DonD
02-01-2012, 09:53 AM
Shoot, I wansn't even thinking about the possibility of not being able to get back in if we leave. That is definitely why I am asking for suggestions. Thank you.

buzznwoodysmom
02-01-2012, 10:19 AM
I'm sure there will be closures throughout the day, but I can't imagine it'll be closed when you want to return at 10-11pm. Lots of people will have run out of steam by that late in the day.

KatrinaJ91
02-01-2012, 11:27 AM
Being that is going to be packed most of the day, we thought about sleeping in that day and just relaxing until the evening. Then go in sometime after dinner and try to stay the entire night. The novelty is that they will be open all night...the crowds would prob be lighter and it would be a blast to be in the parks to all night!

darthmacho
02-01-2012, 02:26 PM
I'm a night worker, so staying up all night wouldn't be a problem for me, thought ideally I'd have to get some sleep the day before and after. I don't know if my family could handle it though.

I was very intrigued by this 24 hour opening, but alas, there's no chance for me to attend. I think the best way to do it would be a nice nap from 6pm to 9pm, get to the park by 10 or 11, and start out in Tomorrowland with Space Mountain, or if that's too crowded do the lesser rides and shows, including the TTA and Astro Orbiter.

goofygirl67
02-05-2012, 02:38 PM
I am planning on attending that day also, but not during the day. I may go to a different park in the morning and then go to MK around 11-mid and stay all night if possible. I do plan on taking a nap in the evening so I can make it.

RBrooksC
02-06-2012, 10:48 AM
The last time I went to EMH, the crowds were there and some of the slower loading rides took a while to board, but, I would guess that trying to switch gears for most people would be difficult. So, in the middle of the night, I would think the park would be more crowded when one would expect but not as crowded as some people fear.

spoiledraf
02-16-2012, 11:23 AM
I'm not so sure it will be all that crowded. it's just another regular business day, isnt it? I dont see tons of people coming for just one day. In fact, I would see it being more crowded late than early as that is the novelty of the event. Actually, I'm kind of surprised that dont make it a hard ticket event where you have to pay extra to stay in the park after the regular closing time!

Quadstriker
02-17-2012, 05:11 PM
I'm with ya, Spoiled. I just can't see it being that busy. Spring Break crowd won't be there yet. I mean sometimes Extra Magic is till 3am. What's another few hours? This is really no big deal at all. We'll be there though since it falls during our trip.