PDA

View Full Version : How to get where

ransam
01-31-2012, 11:34 AM
I know i saw this somewhere, i thought on here, but isn't there a place that can tell you how to get from one spot at WDW to another? for example. if we're at the MK what is the best way to get to the boardwalk?

any help is appreciated.

Mickey'sGirl
01-31-2012, 11:50 AM
I don't know about a centralized place for that kind of information, BUT I can tell you that you may simply take a bus from MK to the Boardwalk. All WDW Resorts have busses at each of the parks and Downtown Disney. You can take a resort bus directly from any of the parks to any of the resorts.

disneymom15
01-31-2012, 12:09 PM
I have an app called, "transportation wizard". We used it several times last week. Check it out!

wdwfansince75
01-31-2012, 01:28 PM
Info central on this site has an outstanding summary of WDW travel.
http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/transportation/gettingaround.asp

SorcererJim
01-31-2012, 04:03 PM
I have an app called, "transportation wizard". We used it several times last week. Check it out!

Its also, just a webpage you can access for free, no app required. Just google search for "Disney Transportation Wizard", it's the same interface without the cost of the app.

Kenny1113
01-31-2012, 04:53 PM
I'm so glad you asked this! This page is a great resource to have.

MickeysBestPal
01-31-2012, 05:37 PM
Just a word of caution...

The "Transportation Wizard" (any form) is not always accurate.

It can offer routes that are incorrect and/or are no longer available.

For the most part, it's a good resource,
but it can be problematic on some routes.

minnie-mouse
01-31-2012, 06:36 PM
I had no idea about this, can't wait to use it!

CuteAsMinnie
01-31-2012, 07:52 PM
The bus is the best way to get to the Boardwalk from MK.

Be careful of those aps.... Information most definately not always correct. One if the beauties of Disney: there is always a friendly person waiting to answer your question. :mickey:

Main Street Jim
01-31-2012, 09:06 PM
To travel anywhere between a theme park, resort, water park, or Downtown Disney, I highly recommend *at least* an hour's travel time using Disney transportation. ;)

To get from Magic Kingdom:

To: Polynesian/Contemporary/Grand Floridian:
Resort Monorail or water transportation (To Contemporary, you can also walk to the resort from the turnstiles of MK; after exiting, turn left, go past the resort bus stops, cross World Drive at the stoplight)
To: All other Disney Resorts, Swan/Dolphin: Resort Bus just outside the turnstiles (to the left as you exit the park)
To:EPCOT: Monorail to TTC, transfer to EPCOT Monorail
To: Downtown Disney Resorts, Animal Kingdom, Disney's Hollywood Studios: Monorail/Ferry Boat to TTC, Bus to DtD resorts or theme park
To: Fort Wilderness, Wilderness Lodge: Water Transportation
To: Downtown Disney/Typhoon Lagoon: Monorail/walk to Contemporary, bus to Downtown Disney/Typhoon Lagoon
To: Blizzard Beach/Winter Summerland:Monorail/Walk to Contemporary, bus to Blizzard Beach/Winter Summerland
To: Fantasia Gardens/Fairways Mini Golf: Bus to Swan Resort, cross the street to Fantasia Gardens/Fairways

To get from EPCOT :

To: EPCOT area resorts (Yacht/Beach Club, Boardwalk Inn, Swan/Dolphin): Within walking distance from the International Gateway (between France and the UK in World Showcase), or Friendships at International gateway
To: Magic Kingdom: Monorail to TTC, transfer to Express Monorail
To: Disney's Hollywood Studios: Friendships at International Gateway, or within walking distance (I'd recommend at least 30 minutes' walking via Boardwalk resort) (I'm not sure if there's also a bus to DHS from EPCOT)
To: Animal Kingdom: Bus <?> (This one, I'm not sure about)
To: All other Disney Resorts, Downtown Disney Resorts: Resort bus just outside Main Entrance of the park
To: Downtown Disney/Typhoon Lagoon: Walk to any of the EPCOT are resorts, bus to Downtown Disney/Typhoon Lagoon
To: Blizzard Beach/Winter Summerland: Walk to any of the EPCOT area resorts, bus to Blizzard Beach/Winter Summerland
To: Fantasia Gardens/Fairways: Walk/Friendship to Swan Resort, cross the street to Fantasia Gardens/Fairways

To get from Disney's Hollywood Studios:

To: Magic Kingdom: Bus to TTC, Monorail/Ferry Boat to Magic Kingdom
To: EPCOT: Friendships (to the left as you exit the park), or walk to Boardwalk then walk or Friendship to EPCOT
To: Animal Kingdom: Bus <?> (I'm not real sure on this one)
To: EPCOT area Resorts (Swan/Dolphin, Boardwalk, Yacht/Beach Club): Friendships (to the left as you exit the park); walkway via Boardwalk)
To: All other Disney Resorts, Downtown Disney resorts: Bus just outside Main Entrance
To: Downtown Disney/Typhoon Lagoon: Friendship/walk to EPCOT area resorts, bus to Downtown Disney/Typhoon Lagoon
To: Blizzard Beach/Winter Summerland: Friendship/walk to EPCOT area resorts, bus to Blizzard Beach/Winter Summerland
To: Fantasia Gardens/Fairways: Friendship/walk to Swan Resort, cross the street to Fantasia Gardens/Fairways

To get from Animal Kingdom:

To: Magic Kingdom: Bus to TTC, Monorail/Ferry Boat to Magic Kingdom
To: EPCOT/Disney's Hollywood Studios: Bus <?> (I'm not real sure on this)
To: All Disney Resorts, Swan/Dolphin, Shades of Green, Downtown Disney Resorts: Resort bus (to the right as you exit the park)
To: Downtown Disney/Typhoon Lagoon: Resort bus to Animal Kingdom Lodge, bus to Downtown Disney/Typhoon Lagoon
To: Blizzard Beach/Winter Summerland: Bus to Animal Kingdom Lodge, bus to Blizzard Beach/Winter Summerland
To: Fantasia Gardens/Fairways:Resort bus to Swan Resort, cross the street to Fantasia Gardens/Fairways

To get from Downtown Disney (*note: there are three bus stop locations for Downtown Disney: Marketplace, Pleasure Island, and West Side):

To: Saratoga Springs, Old Key West, Port Orleans Riverside, Port Orleans French Quarter: Sassagoula Steamship Company (boats to each of the resorts; I'm not sure if they put in a stop to the Treehouse Villas)
To: All other Disney Resorts: Resort Bus
To: Magic Kingdom: Resort bus to Contemporary, walk to front entrance or Monorail
To: EPCOT: Resort bus to any of the EPCOT area resorts, Friendship/walk to International Gateway (between France and the UK in World Showcase)
To: Disney's Hollywood Studios: Bus to EPCOT area resorts, walk/Friendship to DHS
To: Typhoon Lagoon: Bus
To: Blizzard Beach/Winter Summerland: Bus to Coronado Springs/Animal Kingdom Lodge, bus to Blizzard Beach (I *think* they might be all on the same loop; don't quote me on that ;) )
To: Fantasia Gardens/Fairways: Bus to Swan Resort, cross the street to Fantasia Gardens/Fairways

To get from a Disney resort to anywhere else, reverse the directions above :)

To get from a Disney resort to Contemporary/Polynesian/Grand Floridian (for example, a character meal), take a resort bus to Magic Kingdom, then Resort Monorail or water transportation to your destination.

To get from a Disney resort to Saratoga Springs, Old Key West, or Port Orleans Riverside/French Quarter, take a resort bus to Downtown Disney Marketplace, then Sassagoula Steam Company (water transportation) to your destination.

To get froma Disney resort to EPCOT area resorts, take a resort bus to Disney's Hollywood Studios, then Friendship, or wlak via Boardwalk.

To get from a Disney resort to any other Disney resort, take a resort bus to the nearest theme park, then a resort bus to your destination.

*Note: For character breakfasts at the Magic Kingdom resorts or Cinderella Castle, the resort Monorails start running early in the morning, so you should have no problem making it to your destination.

OK, I *think* I've covered MOST (if not all) of the transportation. :thumbsup: if I'm NOT correct on something, someone PLEASE let me know, and I'll fix it :) I know a lot, but I certainly don't know everything :)

Thanks!

MickeysBestPal
01-31-2012, 09:55 PM
To get from Magic Kingdom:

To: Polynesian/Contemporary/Grand Floridian:
Resort Monorail or water transportation

Just to be clear, there is no water transportation between MK and Contemporary.
But, yes, the monorail and walking are the "direct" choices.

MickeysBestPal
01-31-2012, 09:58 PM
To get from EPCOT :
I'm not sure if there's also a bus to DHS from EPCOT

To: Animal Kingdom: Bus <?> (This one, I'm not sure about)

Direct Buses run between DAK and Epcot.

Direct Buses run between DHS and Epcot.

MickeysBestPal
01-31-2012, 10:02 PM
To get from Downtown Disney (*note: there are three bus stop locations for Downtown Disney: Marketplace, Pleasure Island, and West Side):

There are only two bus stops that are used at DTD:
Marketplace and Pleasure Island.

The Pleasure Island stop services the West Side.

(I heard that they are/will be refurbing the Marketplace Bus Stop, so there will only be one stop for DTD during that time.)

MickeysBestPal
01-31-2012, 10:08 PM
To get from a Disney resort to Contemporary/Polynesian/Grand Floridian (for example, a character meal), take a resort bus to Magic Kingdom, then Resort Monorail or water transportation to your destination.

*Note: For character breakfasts at the Magic Kingdom resorts or Cinderella Castle, the resort Monorails start running early in the morning, so you should have no problem making it to your destination.

That's good info.

However, if you are heading to a RESORT Character Breakfast, as you board the (for instance) MK bus, tell the driver that you are headed to (say) the Contemporary and Chef Mickey's (or Ohana at the Poly for Lilo & Stitch's Breakfast) and your driver may very well take you directly to that resort before or after the stop at the theme park.

MickeysBestPal
01-31-2012, 10:12 PM
OK, I *think* I've covered MOST (if not all) of the transportation. :thumbsup: if I'm NOT correct on something, someone PLEASE let me know, and I'll fix it :)

I gave you my quick notes.
That's what I caught, anyway.

I know a lot, but I certainly don't know everything :)

Ditto, for me, too. :thumbsup:

MickeysBestPal
01-31-2012, 10:14 PM
Lots more transportation to know.

For instance...

How do you get to ESPN Wide World of Sports?

How do you get to the Hoop De Doo Revue from, say, DHS?

How do you get from the Hoop back to your Resort?

How do you get back to your resort from staying late at Boardwalk (especially Jelly Rolls?)

All of these and more come up frequently on the boards.

TinkerbellT421
01-31-2012, 10:49 PM
(I heard that they are/will be refurbing the Marketplace Bus Stop, so there will only be one stop for DTD during that time.)

They are officially not running the Marketplace Bus Stop as of last week. Talk about a HECTIC scene, it was a mad house.

MickeysBestPal
02-01-2012, 06:51 AM
To get from Disney's Hollywood Studios:

To: Animal Kingdom: Bus <?> (I'm not real sure on this one)

To get from Animal Kingdom:

To: EPCOT/Disney's Hollywood Studios: Bus <?> (I'm not real sure on this)

Direct Buses run between DHS and DAK.

Main Street Jim
02-01-2012, 05:24 PM
Lots more transportation to know.

For instance...

How do you get to ESPN Wide World of Sports?I *believe* there's a bus from the resorts <?>. Another one I'm not sure of :)

How do you get to the Hoop De Doo Revue from, say, DHS?Resort bus to Ft. Wilderness Campground, then the bus from the front of the campground to the Settlement.

How do you get from the Hoop back to your Resort?Take the bus back to the front of the campground; bus to Downtown Disney; then bus to your resort.

How do you get back to your resort from staying late at Boardwalk (especially Jelly Rolls?)Bus to Downtown Disney (I believe they run til 2:00am; someone correct me on that one if I'm wrong), then bus to your resort.

All of these and more come up frequently on the boards.Hope these all help :)