PDA

View Full Version : Rain rain go away

ransam
01-31-2012, 10:57 AM
Leaving tomorrow, and looks like there's a chance of rain every day!! Everyone keep your fingers crossedit doesn't rain too much.

Strmchsr
01-31-2012, 11:35 AM
I'm not sure which site you got that forecast from, but it's dead wrong. There's a slight chance of a pop up brief afternoon shower over a couple of days, but the only day with a chance of any real rain is Thursday and even that doesn't look like too much. Right now the NOAA QPF only shows .25" total for the next 5 days.

ransam
01-31-2012, 11:43 AM
I'm not sure which site you got that forecast from, but it's dead wrong. There's a slight chance of a pop up brief afternoon shower over a couple of days, but the only day with a chance of any real rain is Thursday and even that doesn't look like too much. Right now the NOAA QPF only shows .25" total for the next 5 days.

I got it from yahoo....
and you just became one of my favorite posters!

Strmchsr
01-31-2012, 11:51 AM
Check the full forecast thread in Vacation Planning. I just finished the update for today. Most of those "fill-in-your-zip-code" sites (like yahoo) tend to be off because no person interacts with them. Just a computer generated forecast based on 1 model.

brivers222
01-31-2012, 12:11 PM
I got it from yahoo....
and you just became one of my favorite posters!

Ha yeah, he is a fav of many with his pretty much spot on reports!

ronandjulie
01-31-2012, 12:33 PM
...We always have a chance of rain! :mickey:

missouridisney
01-31-2012, 04:36 PM
Thank you Strmchsr for "Making My Day" we leave in 2 days for a 5 day trip and I just checked my MSN homepage (as I do several times a day) and it also said rain daily (which I know Fla. has) temps were good but rain chance daily, it was getting me down, but you brightened it all up, thanks so much for your input. You are:number1:!!

WDWdriver
01-31-2012, 05:30 PM
I completely understand that no one wants rainy days during their vacation. But for those of us who live and work in Central Florida a few days of rain would be most welcome. It's always scary to wake up to the smell of smoke from nearby brush fires.

LudwigVonDrake
02-01-2012, 06:22 AM
Isn't there ALWAYS a chance of rain in Orlando? :D

Melanie
02-01-2012, 06:35 AM
I completely understand that no one wants rainy days during their vacation. But for those of us who live and work in Central Florida a few days of rain would be most welcome. It's always scary to wake up to the smell of smoke from nearby brush fires.

Agreed Ron. We do need some rain around the area. Hopefully tomorrow and then again this weekend, we'll at least get some of what's predicted.

Rain at WDW can be fun. You just have to be creative! :mickey:

Auroring Good Time
02-01-2012, 12:16 PM
If it does rain, don't let it stop you. Put on your Mickey poncho, your sandles and go splash in some puddles with the kids. Unless there's lightening, we just keep going.

Renfairwedding
02-01-2012, 02:02 PM
I always plan on some quick passing rain in the afternoon in Florida.

I much rather be in the rain at Disney than the cold and snow here in PA.

mickeys_princess_mom
02-01-2012, 10:43 PM
If it does rain, don't let it stop you. Put on your Mickey poncho, your sandles and go splash in some puddles with the kids. Unless there's lightening, we just keep going.

:dolphin: :exactly:

mickeys_princess_mom
02-01-2012, 10:44 PM
I much rather be in the rain at Disney than the cold and snow here in PA.

Or anywhere else! :high5:

MrPeetrie
02-02-2012, 10:00 AM
Orlando is tricky for weather predicitions. I learned that from our last trip.

We sealcoat parking lots, so I watch radar constantly. I have become very good at predicting precipitation. On our last trip, we were scheduled to go to Typhoon Lagoon the next day. The forecast was 90 percent chance of rain. There was a HUGE rain cloud tracking directly toward WDW. We were having breakfast when a nice CM in a manager's outfit began taking to us. He was just making sure we were having a good time.

"A little disappointed about tomorrow. We wanted to go to Typhoon Lagoon."
"Don't cancel you plans yet. I've seen these things split just as they approach and we get nothing."

The next day, we decided to go to Hollywood Studios instead of swim. We packed raincoats. I was dead certain we'd get rain all day.

"Trust me, I watch radar everyday. We're getting rain!"

Wrong. No rain until 8:00 p.m. and then for only 15 minutes.

So don't be too disappointed with the forecast. The manager was right. And if it should rain, there's still much to do there.

Have fun!

TinaAndGlenn
02-02-2012, 08:58 PM
We had buckets of rain last March! Did'nt mind the rain as much as the severe weather that we had. We checked the radar on my DH smartphone & tornadic weather headed toward AK! We were there & figured we'd leave the park, rather than try to wait it out under a tent! Same trip-headed to Cape May Cafe just in time to miss another BAD storm. Someone actually held the resort doors closed due to bad wind. After dinner it loked like all H**l broke loose outside, benches & branches everywhere! True Disney fashion the workers were cleaning up all the debris!
Hope you have good weather-be safe!

dyin tago
02-05-2012, 11:31 AM
does a rainstorm often include lightning in january or february?

SandmanGStefani24
02-05-2012, 12:34 PM

Yep, that's me too! I might be the only one who doesn't mind the rain. At MK it keeps the crowds down a bit and at Epcot most rides and attractions are inside anyway.

Daisy'sMom
02-05-2012, 05:28 PM
We need rain!!!

ransam
02-17-2012, 05:22 PM
just thought i'd add, the weather couldnt have been better. just one day did it rain at all, and that was just a few minutes...I loved the weather.

Strmchsr
02-17-2012, 05:29 PM
just thought i'd add, the weather couldnt have been better. just one day did it rain at all, and that was just a few minutes...I loved the weather.

Glad to hear it! :mickey:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
02-17-2012, 10:05 PM
One year when we were at WDW they were having record amounts of rainfall. It was one of our best trips! NO ONE was in the parks. We didn't wait in line for anything. And when the rain finally did come out days later, that's when we did the rides that were closed during the rain. Then we prayed for more rain to make the crowds go away. Of course we were lucky that there wasn't much in the way of thunder and lightening. So even if it rains, go to the parks!!