PDA

View Full Version : Splash Mountain rehab?

zipadeedoodah
01-30-2012, 11:05 AM
Does anyone know when Splash had a refurb last? The last 2 times I was at the world, it was down for refurb--Both times in February, so I assumed Feb was the normal time for it to be refurbed. But this year, it wasn't listed to be down in Feb. I am planning a trip at the end of September, and now am starting to be afraid that it may go down this fall instead! haha I really miss riding this! Any insight? Also, has the "hopping Brer Rabbit" animatronic been working correctly?

TinkerbellT421
01-30-2012, 11:45 AM
Typically the rehab time for Splash Mountain is every January into February, but with Big Thunder Railroad being down they do not plan another rehab of Splash Mountain until the railroad is back up. So rumor is when talking to them last week it will be down in December, but my point I made to them was December is a busy month, why not just wait the extra month and go back to the every January schedule for it's rehab? But they seem to think they are planning for the December rehab. If I had to assume, and hope, you should be okay for fall.

A Big Kid
01-30-2012, 12:55 PM
Typically the rehab time for Splash Mountain is every January into February, but with Big Thunder Railroad being down they do not plan another rehab of Splash Mountain until the railroad is back up. So rumor is when talking to them last week it will be down in December, but my point I made to them was December is a busy month, why not just wait the extra month and go back to the every January schedule for it's rehab? But they seem to think they are planning for the December rehab. If I had to assume, and hope, you should be okay for fall.

Because they make a lot of the same people agry every year. The last several years, they closed down SpM to coincide with the Marathon Weekend. People, like myself, make this trip every year without fail and every year without fail, they close SpM during that time period. I'd like to think that they finally listened to those of us who were angry about it and loudly complained.

WDWCrazyKaren
01-30-2012, 01:51 PM
I don't care the reason, I'm just happy its going to be open for once while we are there! It's one of my favorites, and although I love BTMRR, I really want Splash operating this week!

TinkerbellT421
01-30-2012, 02:01 PM
Because they make a lot of the same people agry every year. The last several years, they closed down SpM to coincide with the Marathon Weekend. People, like myself, make this trip every year without fail and every year without fail, they close SpM during that time period. I'd like to think that they finally listened to those of us who were angry about it and loudly complained.

:ditto: lol!! But unfortunately when we were there in January 2011 they told us about the rehab for BTMRR and how it would effect SpM to stay open just for this year, we were talking to a CM right outside SpM because it was closed, again like every other year and I was whinning about never being on it. That's when he told us it would probably go back on track to it's usual refurb time after BTMRR was complete. But here's to hoping because this was my first trip and time I was ever able to go on it, and after I had my first ride which I was petrified for, I enjoyed it alot and would do it again in heart beat!! So I'm hoping it doesn't go down in Januarys again! :fingers:

NokOnHarts
01-30-2012, 11:38 PM
If they were to close it this year, when would they be likely to announce this refurb? We are planning to go in November, partly because we missed splash last January. Gonna seriously have to reconsider November if they closed Splash again for that month. My 4 year old has her heart set on riding it for her first time.

Melanie
01-31-2012, 07:17 AM
It's too bad it didn't go down this year, as it's in disrepair and needs major help! I've been twice in the past few weeks, and both times Splash was down anyway. And seeing some recent video from the ride, it's really bad show. The majority of the animatronics on the showboat weren't even working. Bad, bad show!

TinkerbellT421
01-31-2012, 08:10 AM
It's too bad it didn't go down this year, as it's in disrepair and needs major help! I've been twice in the past few weeks, and both times Splash was down anyway. And seeing some recent video from the ride, it's really bad show. The majority of the animatronics on the showboat weren't even working. Bad, bad show!

You are so right!! Havent had a chance to do my trip reports. But when we got fast passes for it, by the time our fast passes were up, we went back and the right was down and they didn't know if it was going to run again, they had all the logs out of the right to the left hand side perch where they sit when not operating. I was heartbroken that I would not be able to ride EVEN it being open! Needless to say last week, both times we were in MK the ride was down for most of the day. If you were lucky you got to ride it before it went down or had enough time to ride it by the time it got back up!