PDA

View Full Version : Fellow Floridians, help me out!!!

eire
01-29-2012, 12:23 PM
OK, January is ending and I really have to make my reservations for the week after Easter. We are going to go over to Disney for a few days and want to stay at the Polynesian. I know rooms are still available, but they are ridiculously expensive. We will pay the $600+ a night, but we have been holding out for a Florida resident discount. Do you think one will be offered or should we bite the bullet and make the reservations???

I have called the official Disney reservations but honestly, they were rather evasive! Any magical journey or Disney pros know anything more about this???

Thank you; have a great day!
Thanks so much!

TheRustyScupper
01-29-2012, 02:56 PM
1) You want to stay in a very busy week.
2) You want to make ressies at a very late date.
3) Chances are Fl-Res discounts are all gone.
4) Just
. . . keep calling
. . . keep hoping
5) But be prepared for the big prices.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
01-29-2012, 03:07 PM
:number1:What he said.....
BUSY WEEK - a lot of schools are on Spring Break the week after Easter.

It is almost February - chances are if there WAS a Fl.-Res. discount - they are all booked.

Either way - Good luck!

floridamom
01-29-2012, 04:08 PM
We are Florida residents and AP holders and usually stay on one discount or the other. I double-checked and while there are currently no FL resident discounts released for any dates past March, there are AP discounts released through the end of May---but the weeks before and after Easter are excluded from any offers. Based on that, I would say it is unlikely that FL resident discounts will be released for that time period.

I assume you have already tried for AAA discounts? Those usually go fast. If as a last resort you'll pay rack rate, you could always book through Magical Journeys and if by chance a discount is released they will take care of applying it for you. While I have never used MJ myself (they require a minimum 3-night booking and we usually stay for 2), there are tons of threads here on Intercot filled with comments from very satisfied customers.

Good luck! If you decide to consider staying off-property, you can always solicit advice/recommendations here on the boards!

eire
01-29-2012, 04:11 PM
Thank you for your quick responses and I hope to get more!!!

There were no Florida resident discounts when I called in November or December either! That's why I was asking if anyone thought they'd be offering them now!
We are prepared to pay whatever it costs because we, too, are on Spring Break that week! I never understand why people point out it is a busy week! As a teacher, I don't believe in pulling my children out if school for trips to WDW at less busy times. Thus, we are there at busy and more expensive times or in summer. Obviously, many people share my views or the parks wouldn't be crowded!!!

Again, thank you for your responses!

eire
01-29-2012, 04:29 PM
Floridamom
Thank you! I did call and book 2 nights at Polynesian with the AAA rates! Some savings are better than none!
Thank you for taking time and sharing your knowledge_ I guess I figured the week after Easter would be blocked even for residents and AP holders! Oh well, I know we will have lots of fun!
Thanks again!!!

floridamom
01-29-2012, 10:17 PM
So glad you got a AAA discount! Our Spring Break is the week before Easter and a local friend also looked into the Poly and was quoted $2800 for 3 nights (no AAA discount available), so you're right, some savings are better than none.:mickey:

Have a great time!!

eire
01-29-2012, 11:49 PM
Yes, it is too bad they are even allowed to charge that much!! However, we are lucky we can do it and I am really excited as it is a surprise for the kids!!

Thanks again for all your help!
Make it a great day!

brownie
01-30-2012, 01:16 PM
Use Magical Journeys. If a better deal comes along, they'll work to have it applied to your reservation.

floridamom
01-31-2012, 12:41 AM
Use Magical Journeys. If a better deal comes along, they'll work to have it applied to your reservation.

I believe OP booked for 2 nights. Magical Journeys has a 3 night minimum.

brownie
01-31-2012, 11:15 AM
I believe OP booked for 2 nights. Magical Journeys has a 3 night minimum.

Good catch, you are right!