PDA

View Full Version : Best Western Stovalls Inn

Crow
01-28-2012, 11:52 PM
AAA for 3 nights Feb 11 $251. looks like a good location. this would b my first trip to DL. any feedback on this Best Western or the others in the area

RedSoxandPatsfan
01-29-2012, 09:02 AM
We stayed at the Best Western Plus Anaheim Inn located at 1630 S. Harbour Blvd. We were very pleased with this choice. Rooms were clean and probably about the size of a Value at WDW. No themeing, but that wasn't a big deal to us.It was very close, proximity to the entrance was about a half mile walk.

There was an IHOP a few buildings down on the way to the parks. This was very convienient for breakfast.

Pool was small, but kids enjoyed it. If your plan is just for a place to sleep then this is good choice for the price. If you need more amenities i.e. restaurant, gym, etc. then I would recommend somewhere else.

Crow
01-29-2012, 02:11 PM
thanks. most of the places seem onver $100 but i saw AAA at Best Westerns for a little less.
friend stayed at Del Sol a few yrs ago and said it was good location.
any other tips for DL appreciated

Disney4us2
01-29-2012, 04:40 PM
My off site favorite is the Park Vue Inn. It is directly across the street from the Disneyland entrance on Harbor Blvd. It is nothing fancy, but I found it adequate and very convenient.

Crow
01-29-2012, 07:19 PM
looks like i can get three nites at Best Western Stovall for around $260 w AAA. seems like a pretty good deal. and seems like a short walk to DL, like 15 min.

BrerGnat
01-29-2012, 07:28 PM
looks like i can get three nites at Best Western Stovall for around $260 w AAA. seems like a pretty good deal. and seems like a short walk to DL, like 15 min.

I wouldn't recommend that one. There is a Best Western literally right across the street from the Disneyland Harbor entrance. The Stovall's Inn location is about a block south of the Paradise Pier Hotel, on Katella Avenue. This would make your walk really long; longer than 15 min. At the end of a long day, it will feel like torture.

Can you get the AAA rate at one of the other two Best Westerns in Anaheim? The Stovall is only one of three. The other two are MUCH closer to the front entrance.

Best Western Anaheim Inn

or

Best Western Park Place Inn

Crow
01-29-2012, 11:07 PM
ok thanks
what about Park Vue or HoJos. HJ looks like round $105 best rate

BrerGnat
01-30-2012, 08:29 AM
ok thanks
what about Park Vue or HoJos. HJ looks like round $105 best rate

HoJo's is good. It's across from, basically, the Tomorrowland portion of Disneyland. It's close to the park, but also very close to the I-5 freeway, so if you choose that one, expect some road noise at night. Bring earplugs. It was renovated somewhat recently, so that's a plus. But, many of the rooms there are literally within spitting distance of the freeway, and I assume they are quite noisy rooms. That freeway is busy ALL the time.

Park Vue is literally the closest hotel to Disneyland. If you're just looking for a cheap place to lay your head at night, either of these would be good.

If it helps, when looking at an aerial map view of the area, find Disneyland/DCA and Harbor Blvd. There is an area between the parks (The Esplanade--where the ticket booths and shuttle drop off points are). Mark the center of this area and move directly east, towards Harbor Blvd. This is where you would enter the resort as an "off site" guest. Directly across the street, spanning about two city blocks between West Manchester Ave and Disney Way are a bunch of motels. Any of these would be an excellent choice.

The two very closest resorts to the entrance are the Best Western Plus Park Place Inn & Park Vue Inn. The benefit to one of these is the rather large buffer in the form of a huge parking lot, that helps with the road noise from the freeway.

badkitty
01-30-2012, 05:07 PM
My favorite place to stay is the Anaheim Plaza. It is really close to DLR (right across from the TOT on Harbor Blvd) and to me it is the least expensive place that doesn't seem like a dump. (I've stayed at practically every hotel in the area and there are some places I wouldn't go back.) The rooms are big and there is a nice size lap pool. The king-bed room I just stayed in was recently refurbished with new carpet and furniture.

Crow
02-01-2012, 12:36 AM
went w Park Vue for 3 nights $125,$125,$119 +tax and fees. Heard from a friend that his friend stayed there a few times.
Ill report on it after

BrerGnat
02-01-2012, 08:22 AM
went w Park Vue for 3 nights $125,$125,$119 +tax and fees. Heard from a friend that his friend stayed there a few times.
Ill report on it after

I think you made a good choice. This motel is very popular. It's nothing fancy, so just know that, but it has been around for a long time and has a very good reputation. You will appreciate the proximity of this motel to the DLR entrance. Hope you have a wonderful visit!

Crow
02-01-2012, 07:32 PM
doesnt have to be fancy. oh i like staying in nicer places too, but w the costs out there this seemed to b a good choice from what i read. esp w free parking, food etc
thanks