PDA

View Full Version : Which CM would you NOT want to be?

Kairi_7378
01-28-2012, 08:32 PM
The other thread got me thinking about a conversation that I had with DH in the parks in September about which jobs we wouldn't want in the parks. (Since we dream of working for WDW someday.)

I said that I wouldn't want to be the Mickey in Fantasmic, due to the terrain and pyrotechnics. Ariel was another character I wouldn't want to play... she is pretty constrained in her movements but she has to keep moving her tail!

Is there a CM that you wouldn't want to be?

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
01-28-2012, 08:47 PM
Food Services and Bathroom clean up would be on the bottom of my list.

Main Street Jim
01-28-2012, 08:55 PM
Anything in Entertainment - I'm not an actor. :)

Wouldn't be in Merchandise, Food/Beverage, or Custodial, either.

I like either runnin' the attractions, or fixin' 'em :)

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-28-2012, 09:50 PM
Wouldn't be caught in one of those full body character costumes...way too hot in Florida for that:( Also wouldn't not want to clean bathrooms in the parks

Basket Mommy
01-28-2012, 10:24 PM
I wouldn't want to be a dancer or character in the parades. Ugh. I'd hate to wear any long sleeved costume anywhere in Florida.

I had a great conversation with a bus driver heading to the Studios on Thursday. He and his wife honeymooned in Disney in 1976 and they fell in love with it then. They moved to FL 7 years ago and he started driving a bus for Disney. He said he chose the buses because he got to interact with people and it was one of the few jobs at Disney that had guaranteed air conditioning. I told him that he was a wise man.

I personally would LOVE to be a server at Victoria & Albert's. Amazing job.

buzznwoodysmom
01-29-2012, 12:01 AM
I would not want to be any CM. I think I rather my status remain "guest".

DH and I joke that one day we'll retire and move to Disney to work. But honestly I don't know that I'd want to work there. I wouldn't want the magic to be lost in a job.

cer
01-29-2012, 12:11 AM
I would hate to work anywhere that I could not see outside. For example, I hear folks talk about how fun to work Haunted Mansion or Pirates...I would HATE working in there. Now, I could greet the guests and get them into the queue, but no way would I want to work loading the guests.

retiredfigment
01-29-2012, 07:12 AM
Monorail. I always remember talking to a driver from my homestate of Ohio who laughingly said, "Where else than Disney can you retire and still play with trains all day."

disneymom2000
01-29-2012, 10:48 AM
Makes me have a greater appreciation for the CM's that keep things running smooth and clean. I agree - the costumes would be horribly hot, cleaning bathrooms can't be that great and just keeping the guests happy could be one great headache I would think. I see lots of complaints on the boards so it is good to see the other side and what people wouldn't want to do (and their reasons) at Disney. So lets keep the CM's happy and working there so we can enjoy our vacations there.

EeyoresBestFriend
01-29-2012, 12:08 PM
It's a Small World!

Nooooooo . . . . . THAT song all day long?!?!?!? :nope: You couldn't pay me enough . . .

moe513
01-29-2012, 09:01 PM
i would never wont to work in the speed way im mk. it is way too hot with all the tar , plus the exhaust smell is horrible.

Main Street Jim
01-29-2012, 09:23 PM
i would never wont to work in the speed way im mk. it is way too hot with all the tar , plus the exhaust smell is horrible.Only if you're not used to it ;)

Living in Florida for my first 40 years, it was no problem for me working at the Speedway. However, all these college kids from up north and the midwest, had a heat stroke nearly every day....LOL

c&d
01-30-2012, 08:38 AM
I think Astro Orbiter. It's the only ride I can think of with a boring queue. A bunch of pipes keeping you in line. You can't really get interact with the guests.

Any character in summer, I don't do real well in the heat and humidity.

MrPeetrie
01-30-2012, 11:11 AM
I don't think I'd want to be a CM at Journey Into Your Imigination. Its a very boring ride. (Not Disney's best effort.) I think I could get excited about being a CM anywhere else. At JIYI, I think I'd feel like I was stuck somewhere where no one really cared about.

dnickels
01-30-2012, 12:08 PM
Crowd control during the fireworks trying to keep some of the 'taped off' walkways clear. I've watched those poor guys/gals having to go back and forth telling folks that if they want to stand still they need to be across the line of tape otherwise the pathway needs to be clear, the rails aren't for sitting on, etc, and 15 seconds after they turn around the same guests fill in the space and that's probably the easy part of it. That just seems like the one area where I've seen more guests complaining / ignoring / arguing with the CMs than any other place.

Gator
01-30-2012, 03:14 PM
I don't think I'd want to be a CM at Journey Into Your Imigination. Its a very boring ride. (Not Disney's best effort.) At JIYI, I think I'd feel like I was stuck somewhere where no one really cared about.

Huh? #1) My kids couldn't go to Epcot without this ride. They love it - I love it. #2) Guaranteed AC. #3) A not so crazy line to deal with. Doesn't sound that bad.

Probably being a CM at AK in Conservation Station. Being completely isolated from the good stuff, burning up hot, and dealing with all the "bad" kids doing bad stuff in the petting zoo. Don't know if that's the worst, but it ranks up there..er..down there.

MrPeetrie
01-30-2012, 04:14 PM
Sorry, Gator. I only rode it once. I didn't like it. But as I've said in other posts, if my kids want to ride it, I will.

As far a being a CM there, it wouldnt' be for me. I would like something with a lot of people and lots of interaction. When we rode it, we were the only people in line.

spinnerf
01-30-2012, 04:50 PM
I can easily anwer this one.... A cashier at a counter service on a busy day. I was just recently at the Starlight Cafe, waiting for the person in front of me to decide AT THE REGISTER what to order for his party of 12, I had my "Brooklyn Im gunna kill you" face on , and when it was my turn I was ready to dislike the cashier. SHe smiled at me and asked me "How is your day, may I take your order?" We even joked around a little. So I went to guest services and filled out a compliment card for her and the reason I left was I could never be her and maintain such a good attitude. Kudos and thankyou! She mad my day.

BrerGnat
01-30-2012, 04:56 PM
Honestly, I'd hate to be a CM at the turnstiles for the parks. How absolutely boring must that be?

01-30-2012, 05:04 PM
Crowd control during the fireworks trying to keep some of the 'taped off' walkways clear. I've watched those poor guys/gals having to go back and forth telling folks that if they want to stand still they need to be across the line of tape otherwise the pathway needs to be clear, the rails aren't for sitting on, etc, and 15 seconds after they turn around the same guests fill in the space and that's probably the easy part of it. That just seems like the one area where I've seen more guests complaining / ignoring / arguing with the CMs than any other place.

Actually CM's for this area are the same ones that do Parade Audience Control (PAC in Disneyspeak).

You really do get used to doing this work and after awhile rude guests don't get to you anymore, OK maybe on the 4th of July, Christmas and New Years Eve, but once you get used to it it's just part of the job and you just go with the flow and don't take it personal, although a lot of guests do.

PAC & Park Greeter (turnstiles) are a part of Main St. Operations business unit and I can honestly say, had I not gotten hired in to this area I probably would not enjoy my time at WDW nearly as much. For parades you always get a different position every day or night so it's not just the same place, doing the same thing each time.

01-30-2012, 05:12 PM
Honestly, I'd hate to be a CM at the turnstiles for the parks. How absolutely boring must that be?

It can be as boring as you want it to be. Personally, I enjoy having fun with the guests as they come into the park, joking with the kids, older people and such, sometimes telling someone to "hold your finger flat until you feel the shock". You should see how fast they pull their finger off of the platen.

I just try to have fun although sometimes after some of the more trying times at turnstiles I have to question the future of humanity as we know it. Some guests loose all sense of intelligent being when they get to the turnstile.

Worst part for me, you have to also pull shifts on exits. I'd rather eat dirt than work the exits. LOL. On exits you get the "do I need a stamp to get back in? My comment (sometimes) "only if you want to be mailed back, otherwise use our park ticket". Some get it and some don't.

As I maintain, if you go into your shift thinking it will be boring, it probably will be.

Main Street Jim
01-30-2012, 05:57 PM
:thumbsup: at 11290 :mickey:

BrerGnat
01-30-2012, 06:06 PM
It can be as boring as you want it to be. Personally, I enjoy having fun with the guests as they come into the park, joking with the kids, older people and such, sometimes telling someone to "hold your finger flat until you feel the shock". You should see how fast they pull their finger off of the platen.

I just try to have fun although sometimes after some of the more trying times at turnstiles I have to question the future of humanity as we know it. Some guests loose all sense of intelligent being when they get to the turnstile.

Worst part for me, you have to also pull shifts on exits. I'd rather eat dirt than work the exits. LOL. On exits you get the "do I need a stamp to get back in? My comment (sometimes) "only if you want to be mailed back, otherwise use our park ticket". Some get it and some don't.

As I maintain, if you go into your shift thinking it will be boring, it probably will be.

Thanks for your perspective. I just can't imagine standing in such a small "personal space" for such a long time. I need to move around more. ;) And, people don't seem to really want to chat it up...they just want to get into the park! I would want more time to interact with guests, I guess.

disneydeb
01-30-2012, 06:09 PM
I wouldn't mind working in the restrooms or IASW. I don't want to work in food service or cleaning outside in the heat.

ronandjulie
01-30-2012, 06:33 PM
We rode Living With The Land the other day. While on the boat, just before you enter the greenhouse, there is a CM sitting at podium off to the right. That would have to be the worst job ever. Boooooring!

01-30-2012, 07:47 PM
Thanks for your perspective. I just can't imagine standing in such a small "personal space" for such a long time. I need to move around more. ;) And, people don't seem to really want to chat it up...they just want to get into the park! I would want more time to interact with guests, I guess.

Really we do find things to have little short "chats" with guests when they are coming in, such as, comments about T-shirts, where they're from, clowning with the kids, when their tickets don't work the first time telling them the bus to Universal is over by the Contemporary, things like that to try to lighten up the mood a bit. At least some of us do.

The only (well maybe one of the only) times I really have to button my lip is when I have to watch how some people treat their small children, the pushing, pulling and shoving of their small kids really bothers me. Kids are kids and when they are only 3, 4 or 5 they don't really understand all the "ways of the world" like an adult is supposed to so they should be treated better. Just a small percentage but a percentage just the same that needs to chill out a bit.

Now I can get down off my soapbox. Sorry. Longest normally on a turnstile is about an hour and a half so not really too bad. Water breaks in hot weather sometimes cold when the wind blows off the lake and the morning (if you are on openings) and the temp is in the 40's.

Basket Mommy
01-30-2012, 09:27 PM

*YOU* are the CM I love to encounter, whether it's a the turnstiles, ride entrances, buses or gift shops. I love CMs that try to interact with the guests and joke around with them! I wish more CMs were like you, because when I'm at Disney, the kid in me comes out and I just want to laugh and joke with everyone around me.

joanna71985
01-31-2012, 10:18 PM
I used to be in custodial. It really wasn't that bad (plus the freedom and interaction is awesome).

MouseHouser
02-01-2012, 05:15 AM
Thanks for the laughs, 11290. Good stuff.

Wouldn't want to be Tinkerbell at Wishes. That's just a bit much of a zip line experience for me.

I've heard complaints over the years that Disney management is too harsh on training and managing CMs. I hope this isn't true. But whatever it is that management is doing, it sure is working. I haven't been back to Universal in years. The difference in service is like night and day imo.

alex61821
02-01-2012, 04:47 PM
there is a CM stationed at blizzard beach in the kids are by some little ice bergs with a rope above it that you are supposed to cross. i guess when you fall off the iceberg you are supposed to then walk across the rest of the way not try to climb back on the little ice bergs. anyway she had to tell every single kid i saw to not climb back on the iceberg and walk and not a single kid listened the whole time i was watching. that would be maddening.

tiggerbuddy
02-01-2012, 06:16 PM
Ditto !!!:thumbsup:
Wouldn't be caught in one of those full body character costumes...way too hot in Florida for that

Figaro
02-02-2012, 03:38 PM

Another :thumbsup: here. That's the way it is. Your shift will be all what you make it. When I was lifeguarding, I had a few of those questioning moments, but I loved the interaction and kids activities! I personally wouldn't be too fond of doing custodial, not my cup of tea personally, but I do always adapt to Walt Disneys POV on it....It's above noone to pickup trash! I used to have towel cleanups around the pools....and doing trash, wasn't the greatest job in the world, but it's gotta be done.

EeyoresBestFriend
02-02-2012, 10:29 PM

:funny:

You are ABSOLUTELY the kind of CM I love to meet!! DH and I have had sooo many quirky and hilarious moments with fun lovin CMs ~ they make our trip all that much better!

Thanks to all of you! :beer:

texas211
02-03-2012, 01:33 PM
I would say any job that you aren't collecting the big money at wdw, wouldn't be fun. Hot uncomfortable attire, dealing w/ small children, and small parents, huge mess, and the public in general. Whew, no thank you. I'd rather be the ride mechanic. Half the rides only half to work some of the time. Plus, they don't talk back.

Skippy
02-04-2012, 08:05 AM
I've heard good things about custodial, but I just can't bring myself to want to do that. Mousekeeping either.

WDW*Dreamer
02-04-2012, 08:29 AM
When I retire my plan is to go to Disney, walk in the front door of Casting, and tell them I'll work wherever they need me! :mickey: Yes, that includes bathroom cleaning. I've always been impressed with how clean the bathrooms are considering the HUGE volume of traffic they handle. Somebody has to make that happen.

02-04-2012, 02:38 PM
When I retire my plan is to go to Disney, walk in the front door of Casting, and tell them I'll work wherever they need me! :mickey: Yes, that includes bathroom cleaning. I've always been impressed with how clean the bathrooms are considering the HUGE volume of traffic they handle. Somebody has to make that happen.

Walk in the front door, go up the ramp and the girls there at the top of the ramp will hand you a sheet of paper that gives the web address to apply.

Save the steps, although it is an interesting building to see, and do it online at the website.

tinkerbelle75
02-04-2012, 03:46 PM
This thread made me laugh out loud! we were at the MVMCP parade this past Christmas and I finally found the ONLY job at WDW that I wouldn't do! It would definitely be the guys walking behind the horses in the parade. The horse stopped right in front of us and "relieved" himself. The 2 guys with the "waste" bin got it right up, but everyone around me (especially me) was gagging for about the next 10 minutes. There's no way on Earth I could do that job. :blush:

mickey&missy
02-05-2012, 03:42 PM
Have to agree with Tinkerbelle75!!! I wouldn't want to be the poor person who cleans up after the horses in the parades!!!

I would also not want to be a character!! Those costumes have to be killer in the FL heat!! Not sure I'd want to be in food and beverage to custodial either!

Wolf
02-06-2012, 09:30 AM
I wouldn't want to work in the little first aid tents, I've had to go in there a time or two to get bandaids with Mom for blisters and I'm such a germophobe I freak out every time...

Mousemates
02-07-2012, 08:20 AM
I definitely would not want to be the CM working the Toy Story Mania line when the new fastpass rules take effect in March. Imagine being the one who has to give the bad news to the family (and then deal with the angry parents and crying kids) that made a dash for a fastpass and then didn't get back before their pass expired after their cross country run to and from Tower of Terror and RocknRollerercoaster. Those will be some long days at work.

wdwfansince75
02-07-2012, 09:35 AM
I definitely would not want to be the CM working the Toy Story Mania line when the new fastpass rules take effect in March. Imagine being the one who has to give the bad news to the family (and then deal with the angry parents and crying kids) that made a dash for a fastpass and then didn't get back before their pass expired after their cross country run to and from Tower of Terror and RocknRollerercoaster. Those will be some long days at work.

I just came to this thread, after posting a note about "Ride Rage" on the thread about the new rules. My first impulse after seeing this thread's title was exactly the same as yours....

mickeys_princess_mom
02-07-2012, 11:10 AM
The ones who wave goodbye as we're exiting the parks, especially for the last time on our trip. All those sad faces...but I guess that's only a small percentage, now that I think about it, cause most of us have just had a fabulous day and are just 'happy tired', ready to come back again in the morning....I do appreciate those CMs though, cause they help by making me smile even if I'm on my last night! :wave: :wave:

Quadstriker
02-17-2012, 05:15 PM
A character actor told me that Woody is one of the worst ones due to how the costume fits.

LoriSan
02-19-2012, 08:57 PM
We rode Living With The Land the other day. While on the boat, just before you enter the greenhouse, there is a CM sitting at podium off to the right. That would have to be the worst job ever. Boooooring!

That's the job that my DH and I fight about that we each want!!

AmandaChan
02-20-2012, 04:45 PM

I dono that it would be so boring. You get to greet people all day...

I personally would not want to work in foodservice ONLY where you have to take orders. They do that for hours and I used to work at McDonald's as a teenager and I hated it. As far as serving or putting together the trays, I could do that. But then you have a bunch of impatient people staring you down waiting for you to get their food together. I try to be nice and appreciative, as I do at any other restaurant/retail. Thanks CM btw! I hope they give them plenty of breaks!

Also, everyone at the guest services always seem nice. That would be a guaranteed AC job. I would love just giving out FP or whatever to people with pins or just to brighten someone's day.

AmandaChan
02-20-2012, 04:47 PM
A character actor told me that Woody is one of the worst ones due to how the costume fits.

I really do wonder how much someone that does the costumes makes?

Fangorn
02-20-2012, 08:13 PM

I have it on very good authority that this is very true. DS#2 made it through part of a day as Woody before he lost all the feeling in his left arm. He mentioned it to his supervisor and they immediately sent him to the infirmary. The costume had pinched a nerve in his neck. He was in therapy for 2 weeks and no more Woody. Apparently he isn't the first CM to have this happen and they are re-designing the costume.

Steve

Quadstriker
02-20-2012, 11:35 PM
I have it on very good authority that this is very true. DS#2 made it through part of a day as Woody before he lost all the feeling in his left arm. He mentioned it to his supervisor and they immediately sent him to the infirmary. The costume had pinched a nerve in his neck. He was in therapy for 2 weeks and no more Woody. Apparently he isn't the first CM to have this happen and they are re-designing the costume.

Steve

Very glad to hear it's being addressed. Because honestly now every time I see Woody all I can think is "man that poor guy..."

brownie
02-21-2012, 11:14 AM
I wouldn't want to be a cast member who works overnight when there are no guests in the parks.

GeorgeOfTheJungle
02-21-2012, 11:35 AM
I wouldn't want to work in the loading area of Spaceship Earth. The rotating floor would probably make me feel seasick and dizzy if I was walking on it all day! But the good news is that I'd get lots of exercise. :blush:

DisneyDog
02-22-2012, 06:23 PM
I wouldn't want to be the custodian in charge of cleaning the ladies room at the Morroccan pavillion. For some reason, it is always a disgrace. I know to purposely avoid that place. I also would not want to work in the candy store on Main Street, or any place that sells fresh popped popcorn. The smells would be the end of me and I would want to do nothing but eat and eat and eat.

I think I wouldn't mind selling ice cream bars and being able to constantly put my hands inside the freezers when it is so very hot and humid outside.

02-22-2012, 09:45 PM
Based on my schedule and others I have talked with for Feb. 29 and Mar. 01 next week, you wouldn't want to be ANY CM for those days.

Should be a fun night though (unless it rains).

giroux28
02-23-2012, 01:00 PM
I really do wonder how much someone that does the costumes makes?

$12/hour, more than most of the other CMs.

Quadstriker
02-29-2012, 01:11 PM

Steve

Very glad to hear it's being addressed. Because honestly now every time I see Woody all I can think is "man that poor guy..."

Holy cow! Just yesterday afternoon wife and I were in HS watching the Pixar parade and they had to stop Woody's float, pull him down off of it, and rush him out of the parade and backstage. I don't know the reason, but it can't be just coincidence that there's all these problems all the time with the Woody costume. A cast member friend of mine that was in the parade said that he saw "Woody" after the parade and that he was ok.

Man they gotta do something about these Woody problems!

Quadstriker
02-29-2012, 01:20 PM

Steve

Holy cow! Just yesterday afternoon wife and I were in HS watching the Pixar parade and they had to stop Woody's float, pull him down off of it, and rush him out of the parade and backstage. I don't know the reason, but it can't be just coincidence that there's all these problems all the time with the Woody costume. A cast member friend of mine that was in the parade said that he saw "Woody" after the parade and that he was ok.

Mfarquar
02-29-2012, 01:54 PM
I would do anything not to be the CMs who take care of the bathrooms. God Bless those workers. They must see things that we cannot even imagine. When you consider the sheer volume of people + people with tummy trouble from traveling + people with tummy trouble from rides + rude stuff - that would just equal my own personal nightmare. Just thinking about it makes me appreciate the wonderful job the cast members do to keep the restrooms spotless even more!

Mfarquar
02-29-2012, 02:01 PM
Hmmm... My cousin was Mickey and Minnie and made more than $12 an hour... I wonder if it was because of the character?

02-29-2012, 03:10 PM

Normally just heat related during parades, especially during the day parades.

Aurora
02-29-2012, 05:59 PM
I don't think I'd want to be a CM at Journey Into Your Imigination. Its a very boring ride. (Not Disney's best effort.) I think I could get excited about being a CM anywhere else. At JIYI, I think I'd feel like I was stuck somewhere where no one really cared about.

I have to tell you, we had the BEST EVER experience with a CM at that ride. He was jovial and kidding around while loading guests. My kids wanted to ride again and did, and then we ran into him outside the ride cause his shift was over, and he went up to the kids to see if they rode again. They told him yes, and he gave them a big thumbs-up. He was great!

finaldynasty
05-02-2012, 11:53 AM
Food Services and Bathroom clean up would be on the bottom of my list.

I would hate bathroom clean up!

:mickey:

Princess'Mom
05-02-2012, 01:25 PM
I would hate to be the CM who has to close the queue to a meet/greet with Mickey, Pooh & Friends, etc. That would be a tough job to say "no".

r4kids
05-02-2012, 02:25 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I LOVE CM's that do things like this! Makes my day :)

ANG
05-02-2012, 02:34 PM
I'd have to also say any ride where I couldn't be exposed to outside, like loading HM or POC

MissMaryPoppins
05-02-2012, 08:21 PM
I wouldn't want to be a cast member period. I've seen how some people treat them and I know I wouldn't be able to take that. I work in the medical field and have interacted with many very sick people and their families. For me, it's easier to work people who are so sick but so grateful for any little thing you do for them then it is to work with people who get mad over little things and can be so ungrateful.

indytraveler
05-02-2012, 08:51 PM
Least likable CM that I would want to be is in food service and bathrooms. That is why when I interact with them I thank them for the job they do.

joanna71985
05-03-2012, 07:08 PM
I would hate to be the CM who has to close the queue to a meet/greet with Mickey, Pooh & Friends, etc. That would be a tough job to say "no".

It's not fun, that's for sure. But most guests take it rather well

DonaldDuckUSA
05-03-2012, 08:04 PM
I'd rather work bathrooms and cleaning before food service. Food service looks cramped and crowded. They always look most unhappy and stressed. But I think cleaning would be a little lonely.

On our last trip to AK, DBF and I decide to spend more time learning about animals from the cast members. I was suprised at their reaction when we approached them for information.

I could tell they weren't used to being approached. They were honestly shocked that adults wanted to learn about their critters! One Cast Member was such a nerd! DBF and I LOVED him! He was SO excited about roaches. HAHA. We had great experiences that day. But I imagine without people like us, it's just telling kids to not poke the glass. I guess people don't go to Disney to learn?

Wolf
05-04-2012, 09:38 AM
The Pop Century check in desk people, they always seemed miserable and like they hated their jobs...(Main reason we stopped staying there)

Wolf
05-04-2012, 09:45 AM
I wouldn't want to be the custodian in charge of cleaning the ladies room at the Morroccan pavillion. For some reason, it is always a disgrace. I know to purposely avoid that place. I also would not want to work in the candy store on Main Street, or any place that sells fresh popped popcorn. The smells would be the end of me and I would want to do nothing but eat and eat and eat.

I think I wouldn't mind selling ice cream bars and being able to constantly put my hands inside the freezers when it is so very hot and humid outside.

Its funny you mentioned that specific bathroom, 2 trips ago a seagull pooped in my hair and I had to run into that bathroom...crying cause I'm germophobic...and remember thinking this bathroom is sooo awful but I didn't know if it was just because I was distressed...As a follow up, I want everyone to know I did not come down with bird flu and die like I thought I would from direct exposure to bird poop...Incase someone else encounters that same sky rat as I did and faces the same peril.

Wolf
05-04-2012, 09:57 AM
It shocks me how much people don't want to wait tables at WDW, everytime we've been at WDW me and Mom always talk about which resturants we'd rather work at! Cape May usually wins,I'm not sure about QS but we've both waited tables for ages (Her 15 years and me 6) so we always try to pick where we would like to work best, I'd like to be TIgger in winter months cause I'm so tall lol but I don't think I could handle it in summer..

sportsguy2315
05-06-2012, 05:03 PM
I personally would not want to work in foodservice ONLY where you have to take orders. They do that for hours and I used to work at McDonald's as a teenager and I hated it. As far as serving or putting together the trays, I could do that. But then you have a bunch of impatient people staring you down waiting for you to get their food together. I try to be nice and appreciative, as I do at any other restaurant/retail. Thanks CM btw! I hope they give them plenty of breaks!

I was in foodservice Amanda, and Disney does a very good job of moving you around doing different tasks during the day so things don't get too repetitive.

For example, one day I might be greeting guests for a couple hours. After that, I might be coloring pictures with kids or bussing tables. I then may fill orders. As for the patience thing, at least in my experience, guests were pretty patient and understanding with things if we were slow moving or if something had happened in the kitchen that held us up.

Probably my favorite part was in fact bussing or greeting people. You get to see and meet so many interesting people, and even impact them: I was at Yeehaw Bob one night at POR and a guest who I had seen earlier in the week came up to me and thanked me for helping "make the magic".

As for the breaks, Mickey does keep a pretty good eye on us :mickey: .

Main Street Jim
05-06-2012, 09:23 PM
I would hate to be the CM who has to close the queue to a meet/greet with Mickey, Pooh & Friends, etc. That would be a tough job to say "no".We never said "No"; it was always, "We're sorry, but our attraction/line is currently closed for (whatever reason - end of the day, technical problems, etc.)." :thumbsup:

With the character meet 'n greet queues, if the characters were changing out, it was always something like, "Mickey has to call Minnie on the phone. He'll be back in just a few minutes."

*Never* a "No". ;)