PDA

View Full Version : Princess themed dining

disneyfamilyforever
01-28-2012, 09:24 AM
Hello All,

We have always gone to Disney with our two boys, but now God has blessed us with a little princess. We will be taking her to Disney in September of this year. My question is, Is there a character dinner with just princesses? If so, where?

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-28-2012, 10:39 AM
Akershus at Epcot, 1900 Park Fare at Grand Floridian and Cinderellas Castle at Magic Kingdom

Pirate Granny
01-28-2012, 12:09 PM
Akershus is the more reasonable...same Princess, good food...CRT is wonderful, but twice as much cost...unless you do the breakfast. You get a picture at either of these places with a princess included in the cost. We did the breakfast at 1900 Park fare...no princess, good food, no free picture. Don't know about lunch/dinner there.

Basket Mommy
01-28-2012, 04:30 PM
We did the breakfast at 1900 Park fare...no princess, good food, no free picture. Don't know about lunch/dinner there.

We just got back from Disney yesterday. We did the dinner at Park Fare on January 25th. Cinderella, Prince Charming and Cinderella's stepfamily (Lady Tremaine, Drizella & Anastasia) were there. We had a blast. The stepsisters and stepmother are hilarious! We loved every minute of it. They do take a picture before seating you, and you can buy it for $29.95. We loved the picture, but we already had a good group shot that we'd purchased at 'Ohana earlier in the week.

As for princess meals, Akershus is my favorite. It is cheaper and a bit more relaxed than Cinderella's Royal Table. I like the food better at Akershus (a cold buffet is included with your dinner entree; I'm not sure about breakfast). When we went 2 years ago we had a family picture taken with Belle (it was included in the cost) and the princesses we met at the table were Snow White, Ariel, Aurora and Cinderella. My younger daughter still talks about that meal!

brivers222
01-30-2012, 11:45 AM
Akershus for the win.... don't waste your money and tastebuds on eating at the castle.... Akershus has better food and personally better character interaction.

Granted Belle (in her yellow dress) is only around for a picture at first then you don't see her. Like wise at the castle, Cinderella is only there at the beginning for a photo and never seen again.

If you go to akershus and your daughters are dying to meet belle, simply walk over to france and meet her there out front :)

ColleenMcD
01-30-2012, 11:53 AM
Still 2 weeks before we can make out ADRs but -

We are planning Akershus for breakfast with Princesses (the only meal that is NOT Norwegian food!) The pictures look nice and I am excited (more so than my daughters!) We are also hitting Crystal Palace, and 1900 Park Fare for breakfasts with Characters and according to every site I have found - those are non-princess meals. Could be wrong, but we chose them in hopes of getting a character variety throughout our trip...

We have 5 TS meals planned and 4/5 are character meals! My littlest daughter (4) was pretty bummed when we explained that a character meal did NOT mean that the characters sat at your table and ate with you....

TinkerbellT421
01-30-2012, 12:01 PM

We are planning Akershus for breakfast with Princesses (the only meal that is NOT Norwegian food!) The pictures look nice and I am excited (more so than my daughters!) We are also hitting Crystal Palace, and 1900 Park Fare for breakfasts with Characters and according to every site I have found - those are non-princess meals. Could be wrong, but we chose them in hopes of getting a character variety throughout our trip...

We have 5 TS meals planned and 4/5 are character meals! My littlest daughter (4) was pretty bummed when we explained that a character meal did NOT mean that the characters sat at your table and ate with you....

You definitely will not be disappointed!

You are correct, 1900 Park Fare is Alice in Wonderland, Mad Hatter, Fairy Godmothers, Mary poppins, no princesses.

Crystal Palace is Winnie the Pooh characters and highly enjoyable :)

So cute your daughter thought they sat with you!! Awwww!!!

To OP. Another vote for Akershus for the best Princess themed dinning for your money. Reasonable price, good food and great character interaction. :thumbsup:

Janmac
01-30-2012, 12:52 PM

Well . . . not quite. There is some Norwegian food on the breakfast buffet. :cloud9:

We like Akershus better for breakfast, especially a later breakfast, over supper. We don't mind the supper food, it's just that supper seems more hectic.

We like 1900 Park Fare better for supper rather than breakfast. Unless we had someone with us who had to see Mary Poppins. Otherwise, for just plain fun, the Tremaines can't be beat. 1900 Park Fare has always seemed loud and hectic but we don't mind as long as the Tremaines remain a hoot.

For character variety, there is also Lilo and Stitch at Ohanas at the Poly for breakfast, and Daisy, along with Donald, Mickey and Goofy, at Tusker House in AK, for breakfast. Hollywood and Vine at DHS has some different characters too with June, Leo, Handy Manny and Special Agent Oso.

Crystal Palace is our favorite breakfast place. :thumbsup:

Jan

WDWCrazyKaren
01-30-2012, 01:39 PM
We LOVED the Akershus breakfast. The princesses are awesome, the food is just like all the rest of the breakfast fare, and if you get the first seating of the day, you can finish breakfast before Epcot opens!

Basket Mommy
01-30-2012, 02:42 PM
We are planning Akershus for breakfast with Princesses (the only meal that is NOT Norwegian food!)

From what I remember, dinner entrees are pretty normal food. The Norwegian food is all on the cold bar. I remember having some delicious chicken, and there was a beef entree. It was Americanized enough for us.

You are correct, 1900 Park Fare is Alice in Wonderland, Mad Hatter, Fairy Godmothers, Mary poppins, no princesses.

I know the OP said breakfast, but I want to clarify that dinner at the Park Fare is Cinderella, Prince Charming, the stepsisters (Anastasia & Drizella) and stepmother (Lady Tremaine)

We like 1900 Park Fare better for supper rather than breakfast. Unless we had someone with us who had to see Mary Poppins. Otherwise, for just plain fun, the Tremaines can't be beat. 1900 Park Fare has always seemed loud and hectic but we don't mind as long as the Tremaines remain a hoot.

The Park Fare for dinner is probably my new favorite. We ate there on Jan 25th and had a blast. I LOVE the entertainment the Tremaines provided! The stepmother grabbed my son for the waltz and it was hilarious!

TinkerbellT421
01-30-2012, 02:50 PM
I know the OP said breakfast, but I want to clarify that dinner at the Park Fare is Cinderella, Prince Charming, the stepsisters (Anastasia & Drizella) and stepmother (Lady Tremaine)

The Park Fare for dinner is probably my new favorite. We ate there on Jan 25th and had a blast. I LOVE the entertainment the Tremaines provided! The stepmother grabbed my son for the waltz and it was hilarious!

That sounds delightful!! Thanks for the info, I will have to put that on our "to try" list. We have only been for the breakfast!

Basket Mommy
01-30-2012, 09:22 PM
That sounds delightful!! Thanks for the info, I will have to put that on our "to try" list. We have only been for the breakfast!

You must! I had not been there for dinner in a very long time. We just happened to be at the GF, so we asked about dinner seating and were able to get right in. It was the most entertaining dinner, and the food was better than the average Disney buffet. We'd do it again in a heartbeat.