PDA

View Full Version : Illuminations seating

Churross
01-26-2012, 11:14 PM
Hello, I was wondering where the best seating is for Illuminations? I usually just grab a bench a hour before the show but more and more people always end up crowding around us by time the show starts. Isn't there an out door restaurant with a good view? The UK one?

mook3y
01-27-2012, 01:05 AM
well. the fireworks cruise for illuminations offers a good and comfortable view, but its not cheap. Also, have read reports of wind blowing the wrong way could make it pretty smokey. But our cruise was awesome.

greengeen
01-27-2012, 07:26 AM
I don't get why anyone would want to be sitting during fireworks... we stand, and stroll. Most people are up and about during Illuminations. There's no "good" seating anywhere I've seen, including the restaurants.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
01-27-2012, 08:11 AM
Unless you have mobility issues and cannot remain standing or walk easily, I have found that to slowly wander around the World Showcase gave us the best vantage for watching Illuminations.

HiHoKermitTheFrogHere
01-27-2012, 10:27 AM
The two best places we have found are:

--The marble stairs across the walkway from the Italy pavillion that lead out toward World Showcase Lagoon where there is a gondola or two in the water. Often, there are private parties in this area, but if it is open, this is a great, unobstructed viewing location. It is particularly great if you can get a seat on the stairs leading down toward World Showcase Lagoon.

--The balcony on the second floor of the Japan pavillion, outside the widows of Tokyo Dining restaurant. This really is a great spot. It is away from the main pathway around World Showcase, making it quieter and less crowded. It is elevated which provides unobstructed views. And you can sit or move around a bit before Illuminations begins. This is our favorite viewing location.

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-27-2012, 10:38 AM
Yes, the patio of the Rose & Crown has a good view of Illuminations. But, even there, if the wind is blowing the wrong way you'll have to deal with ashes and soot, so nothing is perfect.

On our honeymoon, we had to get a replacement meal, since the original was covered with ash from the fireworks.

But, like so many of the posters have said, there really isn't a bad place, we've watched from almost everywhere around World Showcase and enjoyed the show.

joonyer
01-27-2012, 11:17 AM
Rose & Crown (UK) has good viewing, but you'll have to have an ADR to get in there during the Illuminations show.

twinboyz
01-27-2012, 01:31 PM
We've heard about sitting at the Cantina in Mexico and we tried that last year. It started filling up about an hour in advance and two families were actually fighting over tables. We couldn't believe it.:( I think we'll stroll around the showcase to enjoy the show this year.:mickey: