PDA

View Full Version : Guests of DVC

Sunshine1010
01-26-2012, 02:47 PM
We used to have DVC...but I can't remember some of the rules.

Some friends of ours have invited us to stay at their SSR room for about 3 days because we have 2 day tickets to use at WDW. They are staying 8 days.

We are checking in on the same day.

Question: They state they plan on buying the Quick Service Dining Plan. I think I remember some rule that states that the dining plan has to be purchased for everyone in your group for the entire time you are there.

If that isn't the rule,....is my family allowed to purchase the dining plan for 3 days for ourselves?...even though the reservation isn't under our name...we'll just be guests of theirs (but our names are listed on the reservation).

Thanks in advance. I hope I made sense.

DizneyRox
01-26-2012, 03:19 PM
If you're on the reservation, you'll need to buy it for the entire time. If you're not on the reservation, you won't get keys to get into the room

You may be able to "show up" at check-in without a big problem, but you won't get the dining plan for your days. The only way for you to get the dining plan would be to be on the reservation prior to check-in (it's actually a few days) in which case you get it for the whole trip.

Acutally, if they split the reservation into two, the first part with you guys, the second part without, the dining plan will work as expected, BUT unused credits for the first part of the stay expire at midnight of that second check-in day.

Pirate Granny
01-31-2012, 03:00 PM
NO that won't work anyway...unless they are changing rooms (larger or smaller room) or resorts, they cannot split the dining plan.

The entire 8 day will have to have the dining plan. I don't believe that they will let them add you to the reservation if they have the plan and you aren't going to pay, regardless of how long you are staying.