PDA

View Full Version : One Week from now

ransam
01-26-2012, 10:55 AM
So i'm sitting at my desk in my office, trying to get work done. I have disney music playing in my ears all day....at the moment "The age of not believing" is playing. next up "who's afraid of the big bad wolf".....
thinking to myself, in one week from today i will in WDW on my first full day. Just thinking where i'll be in a week. let's see, it's 10:53am there, so I am thinking at this moment next week i will be on Peter Pan or Small World.

Does anyone else think to themselves before a vacation where they will be in the parks a week, 2 weeks, a month, 2 months from then?

Yes, I am a disney geek.

IamaDisneyFan
01-26-2012, 11:26 AM
Absolutely!!! :blush: 17 days from now we will be in the MK thinking about getting lunch at the "Hahbah House". We also see how many days till we leave and then count back that many days to see just how long till we leave. Does that make sense? :confused:

Nothing wrong with being a Disney geek!

Mickey 101
01-26-2012, 03:01 PM
Yes!! We keep a chalkboard at the end of the hall counting down the days...tomorrow at this time we will be getting ready to head to the airport for our trip to WDW!!!!!:thumbsup:

DVC2004
01-26-2012, 03:55 PM
Yes! I am at work, too, and one week from today I will already be on board the Dream, getting ready to attend the sail away party (with drink in hand!) and to embark on the 3 day cruise. A lot better then sitting in my cold office here! :mickey:

LudwigVonDrake
01-26-2012, 05:03 PM
I also do it after I return home, "Yesterday at this time I was..." Yeah, I'm with you :mickey:

Buttercup
01-26-2012, 05:07 PM
Going to be headed to the airport hotel late tomorrow night, for an early morning flight on Saturday morning.
We have a countdown on a white-board at our house! 2 MORE SLEEPS!:thumbsup:

WDWCrazyKaren
01-27-2012, 08:18 AM
I totally do this! I was even thinking about posting this topic this morning until I read yours!

I'm down to "Five Days from Now" I'll be at the airport at 7:18am waiting for our flight to leave at 8:00am.

Six days from right now, we will have already been seated for our 7:00am Chef Mickeys breakfast, and when finished, monorail over to the MK for our first full day.

If I'm going one week from now, We'll be on our way to AK for our Tusker House breakfast at 8:00am.

Have a great trip! We'll wave at ya, since we'll be there at the same time!

Melanie
01-27-2012, 08:32 AM
If you're here posting on a Disney board, we'd worry if you weren't a Disney geek. ;) We all totally understand!

Have a great trip! :mickey:

eam
01-27-2012, 09:18 AM
I also do it after I return home, "Yesterday at this time I was..." Yeah, I'm with you :mickey:

I do this one as well. I'm now onto weeks until we go again - wish it was days.

ransam
01-27-2012, 10:26 AM
oh yea, the countback is something i do too....
"let's see, this time 2 days ago i was on Soarin'....now i'm sitting here in Kansas City on the phone w/ some stuffy client trying to explain why they need 3 sinks insstead of 2 in the deli".

Butters
01-29-2012, 02:49 PM
My wife made a chain of 30 Mickey mouse cut outs and numbered them 1 - 30, every morning my DD gets to pull one off until the day we leave!!!

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
01-29-2012, 03:12 PM
I get excited for every time I see a new number on my count down clocks. We are now down to 134 days til we arrive. 132 til my DD graduates from HS and 133 til we start the drive down.

missouridisney
01-30-2012, 11:23 AM
Yep. same here, I will say to myself, 4 days until we do this, in 5 days I will be....... Have a countdown app on my phone which today says 2:mickey:, everytime I am with my 3yo granddaughter, she will ask "which number today". I also made a chain for 2 granddaughters, got some Disney scrap book paper and made a chain, starting at 25 days. My almost 2yo granddaughter shakes her little fanny and says "excited". What an awesome trip this will be.:joy:

brivers222
01-30-2012, 11:52 AM
9 months from today I am hoping to be getting ready for a MNSSHP on 10/30/12 (assuming there is one on that day and i can get tickets on may 1st) if not I will be at the F&W festival :D

TinkerbellT421
01-30-2012, 12:11 PM
In 312 days and 22 hours we will be arriving at hopefully at the Boardwalk Villas, or our second choice is Beach Club Villas :mickey:

brivers222
01-30-2012, 12:26 PM
In 312 days and 22 hours we will be arriving at hopefully at the Boardwalk Villas, or our second choice is Beach Club Villas :mickey:

677 days we should be staying offsite at the fountains for our family reunion!

Love december time. This year we will miss you by just over a month ;)

Disney4us2
01-30-2012, 12:39 PM
265 days from now we will be at Epcot having a sushi lunch at Tokyo Dining:cloud9:

WDWCrazyKaren
01-30-2012, 01:35 PM
Man-I just realized that one week from now I'll be finishing my last day at WDW! And I haven't even gotten there yet! :sadwave:

nickcapp
02-01-2012, 02:59 PM
I simply wish I could stop doing THAT to myself. I really tend to get depressed while I'm on vacation because I start counting down the days I have left! Makes me really sad and ruins those last days (for a few moments anyway).

I get angry when I hear: "Whether you call central Florida your home or your favorite travel destination, we hope you'll come back soon.Have a safe flight."

:mad:

alex61821
02-01-2012, 03:04 PM
I simply wish I could stop doing THAT to myself. I really tend to get depressed while I'm on vacation because I start counting down the days I have left! Makes me really sad and ruins those last days (for a few moments anyway).

I get angry when I hear: "Whether you call central Florida your home or your favorite travel destination, we hope you'll come back soon.Have a safe flight."

:mad:

You know sometimes i dont even want to go knowing how sad it is to leave. :(

mickeys_princess_mom
02-01-2012, 10:50 PM
All the time! I have the countdown in my phone, and it keeps me going! :wave: Have fun!