PDA

View Full Version : Changed hotels for TOMORROW!

Aurora
01-26-2012, 10:00 AM
I called first thing this morning to try to change brother and SIL's 3-night ressie from Saratoga to WL, since it's their kids' first trip. They arrive tomorrow.

I got a 1-bedroom for the last two nights for them! Whoopeee!! :joy: They'll have to change from the first night, but they're thrilled.

It was a high-wire act 'cause the CM told me availability at WL was very limited and there was a chance that after he cancelled the SSR ressie that the WL wouldn't be there anymore, but I took the leap. He said I was very lucky and he wouldn't have done it. :D

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-26-2012, 10:38 AM
:woohoo:

What a great surprise for them. Sounds like a little Disney :pixie: sprinked on them.

VWL Mom
01-26-2012, 10:42 AM
Way to go!!

VWL Mom
01-26-2012, 10:45 AM
It was a high-wire act 'cause the CM told me availability at WL was very limited and there was a chance that after he cancelled the SSR ressie that the WL wouldn't be there anymore, but I took the leap. He said I was very lucky and he wouldn't have done it. :D

This has always bothered me. I don't understand why they can't rebook on the same record. :confused:

Aurora
01-26-2012, 10:54 AM
This has always bothered me. I don't understand why they can't rebook on the same record. :confused:

I'm pretty sure it has to do with allocating points. If they booked the new ressie first, and then cancelled the old one, the points for the old ressie would be subject to all the use year and booking restrictions. If they cancel first, then book the new one, they're just reusing the same points.

Aurora
01-26-2012, 12:19 PM
UPDATE:

GUESS WHAT! They wanted to extend their vacation two nights, so I just got the 1-bedroom for two MORE nights at VWL. I'm rolling in the :pixie: !!

Checkers
01-26-2012, 08:41 PM
UPDATE:

GUESS WHAT! They wanted to extend their vacation two nights, so I just got the 1-bedroom for two MORE nights at VWL. I'm rolling in the :pixie: !!

Great! Hope you played the lottery today!;)