PDA

View Full Version : star wars weekend

cfoshe
01-25-2012, 01:28 PM
I have to say I am very excited. DW and I have been trying to plan a trip and every time something comes up and we have to move it. This past weekend we where talking about going Sat thru Wed ending on July 4. Then yesterday we staring looking at going June 2 thru June 9 and how it will cost us $100 more than going for 4 day in July. Then I noticed it will be Star Wars weekends. Never being their during this time, how busy will Disney Studiuos be durning the week? Sorry it took so long to get to the question, but so so excited.:)

Scott C
01-25-2012, 01:50 PM
Since SWW are on Fri Sat and Sun -- It seems that the weekdays are usually about normal to maybe a little lighter attendance.

Thanks
Scott C

sonamae80
01-25-2012, 02:25 PM
We are going that very week (6/2 - 6/9) and everything I've read and heard, the weekends at HS are packed! None of us are SW fans, so we're fine with hitting HS during the week when it's less crowded! ;)

LVT
01-25-2012, 07:08 PM
Shoulder to shoulder and hot. I love it and have gone 3 times now.

Items I like:
1.Storm troopers on the check- in entrances roofs.
2. Random Star Wars characters roaming.
3. Gargantuan circus tent gift shop.
4. Many character autograph lines.
5. Parades
6. HOOPLA is a corny show with a lot of characters having a dance contest.

MOJoe
01-26-2012, 11:06 AM
Been to WDW several times that week. Overall crowds range from moderate to large. But on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, crowds are quite heavy at the Studios. People begin lining up several hours in advance to get passes for celebrity autographs. Still more go there to get photos of their favorite Star Wars characters. So the place will be packed. Even still, if you are the least bit entertained by Star Wars, it is worth a visit. If you have no interest, then by all means avoid the Studios on those days.

TheVBs
01-26-2012, 01:27 PM
I've always wondered, why only weekends? Wouldn't it spread the crowds out some if they had it on some weekdays too?

PAYROLL PRINCESS
01-28-2012, 10:22 PM
I can't really answer about the crowds because we were there last year for my nephew's Make A Wish trip and we didn't wait in any lines because of this. But I can tell you that it was a lot of fun and so worth it, especially the parade. That was so cool seeing all the characters.

crltkcagle
01-29-2012, 10:08 PM
We have been twice and I didn't find it to be extremely crowded. The lines to meet the characters were long but it was nothing unbearable. But the second time we went it was raining so that may be why. Its a lot of fun for star wars people (like my children) while the rest of us just sit there and wonder who these strange characters and things are running around the park. LOL

Silver_Surfer
01-30-2012, 01:07 AM
LOl, youtube starwars weekend at disneyworld:thumbsup: worth it!