PDA

View Full Version : Tables In the World as DVC Members?

Barb_A
01-25-2012, 05:12 AM
I have a question. I found the following in a Disney newsletter re; DVC and TiW. We will NOT have an annual pass. As o read it, only Fla residents and AP holders can get this? Does our DVC make us Fla Residents? (And if so - can I get my child into Fla colleges at a. "in state" rate too then? ;). )

Thanks - Barb
comments: We're at Walt Disney World this week and a cast member suggested that we could purchase the Tables in Wonderland card as Disney Vacation Club members. Went to a guest relations desk and after the cast member checked, found that yes, we could purchase TiW for $100, good for a year, with all the usual benefits. So glad this cast member was looking out for us, as it has saved us more than $100 already and we've got 13 more days to go! Please pass on the tip!

Melanie
01-25-2012, 07:19 AM
Huh. So I guess they are already offering Tables in Wonderland to DVC members.

It was announced a month or so ago that it was to become available to members, but no price or date of availability was ever formally announced to my knowledge.

So it looks like Tables in Wonderland (TiW) is available as follows:

Annual Passholder: $75
Florida Resident and DVC Members: $100

Can anyone confirm?

And no, sorry, being DVC members does not a Florida resident make. ;)

DizneyRox
01-25-2012, 07:40 AM
Hmmm.. Guess I was wrong in giving Disney the benefit of the doubt with a $75 price point. So you need to pony up the $500 plus for an AP to get $25 off the TiW.

Just pushes the break even point out a meal or so, still probably the best way to eat at WDW.

hlkeck
01-25-2012, 09:26 AM
So - TiW is better than purchasing the dining plan? I still have young enough kids that we'll be going to character meals and such - I never even considered the TiW card v getting the dining plan. Guess I'll have to price them out.

hlkeck
01-25-2012, 09:54 AM
And now I have a question: If I'm going with my husband and children - do we only need 1 TIW card, or do we need 2? How would that work?

JohnnyNovo
01-25-2012, 10:15 AM
The TIW card cover up to 10 people in the same party and includes alcohol. This is the only way in DisneyWorld that you can get a discount on alcohol. The TIW does automatically add an 18% gratuity.

DizneyRox
01-25-2012, 10:20 AM
So - TiW is better than purchasing the dining plan? I still have young enough kids that we'll be going to character meals and such - I never even considered the TiW card v getting the dining plan. Guess I'll have to price them out.
For me, I've done the math and without question, TiW is a better deal. When I added up the receipts, it was cheaper to just pay OOP than it would have been to purchase the dining plan.

As said, only one TiW per 10 people. The gratuuity surcharge is applied regardless of party size, but at 18% we usually find a 2% savings just in tips. I don't agree with the surcharge, so I don't give a hoot how exceptional the service may be, they only get the 18%. Subpar service gets me a chat with the manager.

luvDaMouse
01-25-2012, 12:02 PM
I agree about the 18% surcharge. We usually tip 20% but if they are going to tell me what i have to tip.... they loose the other 2% sorry:blush:
UNLESS we have exceptional service which i am afraid to say doesnt happen all that often.