PDA

View Full Version : Hacienda De San Angel

DVC2004
01-24-2012, 04:01 PM
We have decided to try this place and have dinner reservations there. I was wondering if anyone has been there, and what your thoughts were. Would you go back? What was good on the menu?

Melanie
01-24-2012, 04:10 PM
I've eaten there twice now, and look forward to going back. The setting is just lovely, especially if you are there around dusk and have a good view out the huge windows onto World Showcase Lagoon. I really like the decor as well.

Foodwise, I had tilapia last time, and it was very good. Food isn't the best I've ever had, but it's good. Very unique margarita offerings here. :marg:

Polynesian Dweller
01-24-2012, 08:00 PM
We are definitely going back. The meal we had was one of the best we've had at WDW. It was the Del Mar for two and everything was to perfection. The restaurant is nice with a good view of the lagoon. Terrific place.

Disney Hungarian
01-24-2012, 08:37 PM
I have eaten both of these meals and enjoyed them both.

Del Mar

Mixed grill offering mahi-mahi, shrimp,
scallops and vegetables,
served with beans and fresh salsas

Pescado a la Talla

Grilled tilapia served with esquites
(roasted corn), nopales (cactus leaves)
and mango Chutney 23.95

DVC2004
01-25-2012, 11:31 AM
Question to those who had the meal for two (Del Mar and the other choice with meat): How is this served- is it grilled and with tortillas, sort of fajiata style? That is what I am picturing but I am not sure if it's like that or not. On reading the online menu, we will probably do that since it's just me and the husband this time. Thanks!

Disney Hungarian
01-25-2012, 12:58 PM
Question to those who had the meal for two (Del Mar and the other choice with meat): How is this served- is it grilled and with tortillas, sort of fajiata style? That is what I am picturing but I am not sure if it's like that or not. On reading the online menu, we will probably do that since it's just me and the husband this time. Thanks!
I had the Del Mar back when the restaurant was brand new and hadn't started taking reservations yet. So, my experience may be outdated. It was grilled and served on a platter (family style) the beans and rice were in bowls on the side. There were tortillas, although I did not use them. The Mahi-Mahi and scallops were very good. The shrimp were over seasoned and over-cooked. Hope that helps.