PDA

View Full Version : Favorite character breakfast at a resort?

ewasilau
01-24-2012, 01:09 AM
Hi all -

I need a fun resort character breakfast for my 8-year-old daughter's birthday trip. We don't have park tickets for our departure day but have plenty of time for breakfast anywhere - where would you go? Do any of the character breakfasts have better food than others? The only resort character breakfast we've been to was with Alice and Mary Poppins at GF. I thought it was fun but food only so-so.

Thanks for any suggestions!

CajunDisneyDad
01-24-2012, 07:39 AM
We've eaten at Chef Mickey's for breakfast. That one has Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto and Donald. Again the food is so-so due to being a buffet. I guess Disney is charging you for the chance to take pictures with the characters without having to stand in line for 45 minutes lol. That is the only character breakfast we have done. DS loved it!

Melanie
01-24-2012, 07:43 AM
Our favorite is by far Ohana at the Polynesian. It's laid back, served family style, with Mickey, Pluto, Stitch and Lilo. We've never had a bad time there.

Lots of folks love Chef Mickey, but it's just not our cup of tea. Bright, very energetic, buffet. Great selection of characters there though.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-24-2012, 08:05 AM
Hi all -

I need a fun resort character breakfast for my 8-year-old daughter's birthday trip. We don't have park tickets for our departure day but have plenty of time for breakfast anywhere - where would you go? Do any of the character breakfasts have better food than others? The only resort character breakfast we've been to was with Alice and Mary Poppins at GF. I thought it was fun but food only so-so.

Thanks for any suggestions!

We also did the 1900 Park Fare...as you said food is so-so, standard buffet food but the character interaction was really fun. I've heard good things about the Cape May breakfast but have never been.

WDWCrazyKaren
01-24-2012, 08:24 AM
We have done every breakfast buffet there has ever been. :number1: Our all-time favorite was the Aladdin breakfast back when they held it at the studios. SO much fun! But I digress. Anyway, our favorite now is 'Ohana's. It is quiet, laid back, the food is good - I think serving it family style it all doesn't sit there for an hour before it comes to you - and the Poly is such a great setting. Chef Mickey's is loud and raucous, and the food is ok, but if you want to leave on a "high note", that might be a good option. Cape May was our least favorite. Not because the food wasn't fine, we just found it a bit dull.

ChipDale2708
01-24-2012, 09:16 AM
We always do the character breakfast at Cape May. Last May the characters were Minnie, Goofy & Donald - I believe it is still the same. Cape May to us just feels more laid back, no rush and the characters spend plenty of time with the guests. We're two adults and the three of them wouldn't leave us alone! The food is delicious and always tasted hot and fresh. If the breakfast pizza is on the buffet, it is yummy!

brivers222
01-24-2012, 09:52 AM
Its tough to combine Quality food with quality character interaction at Disney restaurants... but i will just say that

OHANA gets our vote every time as best breakfast and best Characters interaction at breakfast.

we have done the following character breakfast ADRs in the last 2 years:

1900pf
Ohana
Cape May Cafe
Chef Mickey

Melanie
01-24-2012, 09:57 AM
And I'll just add two other plusses for us at Ohana. One is that since the food is served family-style, you aren't getting up and down going to the buffet, and possibly missing out on a character, or even just worrying you have to rush to get back to your seat.

The other plus for us is the juice. So good! We call it Jungle Juice, because it's the same thing that's served at the Tusker House Donald breakfast. Yummmmmmy! And the eggs and Mickey waffles are very good too.

brivers222
01-24-2012, 10:11 AM
Oh yes the juice..... The juice at Ohana is amazing! I really make the waitress/waiter work for their tip because they are constantly refilling my glass.

CU Tiger
01-24-2012, 12:33 PM
When our kids were younger, they always liked Chef Mickey's. :mickey:

DANAM
01-24-2012, 02:03 PM
'Ohana or 1900 Park Fare! Both are my daughters personal favs and she's 10!

ewasilau
01-24-2012, 05:33 PM
Thank you for all of the responses! We have an ADR for 10:15 at Ohana - I'm thinking that it sounds best based on your suggestions and availability at Chef Mickey's is sparse (7:15 anyone?). That still gives us enough time to do something else (DTD, pool, ride the monorail, etc.) before departure from our resort (Pop) around 3 pm.

brivers222
01-25-2012, 02:04 PM
You made a great choice :)

whitney37354
02-01-2012, 02:53 PM
O'hana at Poly was the best character breakfast we had. The food was good, DD loved being in the parade, & the picture made before the meal was the best one we had made all week.

minnie-mouse
02-02-2012, 10:08 AM
Chef Mickey's is great, fun atmosphere and a buffet. She would like it at her age. OHana is fun too, but the food is done family style, bought to your table.

debbymc4
02-11-2012, 07:09 PM
I just made reservations at Cape May, but we're not staying at that resort. Will I have any trouble driving and parking there?

minnie-mouse
02-13-2012, 09:47 AM
I just made reservations at Cape May, but we're not staying at that resort. Will I have any trouble driving and parking there?

No just tell them at the resort entrance that you have a reservation for breakfast, they might ask your last name or ressie #, then give you a parking pass. have fun!