PDA

View Full Version : Can 4yr old split with parents?

NokOnHarts
01-23-2012, 10:37 PM
We will mostly be doing QS but might do 1 or 2 character meals. My 4 year old eats so little that she still just shares with us when we go out to eat at restaurants. At the Crystal Palace buffet for instance, is it possible to just pay for my DH and I and have her share with us or will she be charged the kids price to eat simply because she is 4? I would assume at the QS locations we can just order what we want without question? Not sure if that is the same at the Character meals? This is for paying OOP, not DDP.

Buttercup
01-23-2012, 10:39 PM
At a quick-service spot, you can just purchase something for yourself & your husband, and your 4yo can just share with you. Nobody is going to check that.
But at a table service restaurant (especially a Character meal), a 4yo is going to be charged the child price. They don't charge for under 3 years old because they are still considered "Infants" in Disney's eyes. But at 4 years old, you'll have to order them something.

NokOnHarts
01-23-2012, 10:40 PM
That's what I figured. Thanks for the response!

kakn7294
01-23-2012, 11:46 PM
To clarify a bit more, at any TS meal that is a buffet or family style, you will be charged the child's price regardless of how much or how little your daughter eats. However, at any TS meal where you order from a menu, you do not have to order a child's meal and your child can share with you. Most, if not all, of the character meals are designed so that you have to pay for each person present over the age of 3. At QS locations, you can order whatever you want.

DizneyRox
01-24-2012, 06:49 AM
The above is correct. Buffet, everyone is charged, everything else is just what you order.

The gratuity surcharge for parties over 5 is applied based on head count sitting at the table, even a 2 month old would count towards that head count.

DonaldsBFF
01-25-2012, 02:38 PM
How do you prove the age of children at a buffet, family style or character meal? When we go my kids will be almost 3 and almost 2. Will we be given a hard time at these places? We are going to do the DDP, will they be able to tell from this that the kids are under 3 since we will not have credits for them?

ElenitaB
01-25-2012, 07:20 PM
Generally when you book the Dining Plan, it is linked to your room reservation and your park tickets. You will be giving your child's age when you make the reservation. This information will all be linked, thus, the child's age will be noted.