PDA

View Full Version : to EMH or not

pcoleman
01-23-2012, 12:36 PM
Hey, looking for input. We always do the morning EMH. Will be there in August with DD11 and am thinking of trying the evening EMH. Yes, no and why?

RBrooksC
01-23-2012, 01:52 PM
When we were there last May, I decided to take my five year old son back to the MK for the late EMH. The park was open until about 3 AM. We got there around 11 PM and got to see the start of the second MSEP and watched it from the front of MS-USA. Then we went counter-clockwise around the park enjoying the rides my son wanted to do. At around 2 AM, he started to get very sleepy so we made our way back to the CR.

It was a wonderful time spent with him. I was surprised how crowded the park was. Peter Pan was still a 30 min wait and Buzz Lightyear was also long. However, my son wanted to ride the TTA and Small World, those were both walk-ons. POTC was walk-on also and only one side was open.

The air was cool and the atmosphere was different. There was something about being in the MK at 2 AM. We have two Photopass photos taken that night in front of the castle to remember it.

Oh, and I told my son we were sneaking out to do this so don't tell his mom. He liked the idea that we were doing something on the sly.

It made for a perfect evening. Earlier that night we had dinner with some old friends who live in Orlando. So, it was a three hour dinner at the CG and then EMH at the MK with my son. Wonderful, wonderful evening.

MNNHFLTX
01-23-2012, 02:50 PM
Based on my experiences, evening EMH tend to be very crowded early on. The crowds probably clear out the last hour or two, but I'm afraid I don't have the stamina to make it that long. I'm an early bird, not a night owl.

If you (and your daughter) take an afternoon siesta and can handle the late hours, it might be worth checking it out.

spinnerf
01-23-2012, 10:41 PM
I always looked at morning EMH as a bit of a race, how many rides can we get on before the multitudes arrive? Evening EMH, if you can make it, are less so especially towards the end. Right now for me having an 8 and 1 year old its not possible.

Cinderelley
01-24-2012, 01:30 AM
I think it will really depend on you and your DD. Are you night owls? Do you do better when you are up and running in the morning? What do your plans for the next day involve? You don't want to be out until 1 am and then have to drag everyone out of the room the next morning for an 8 am adr.

LudwigVonDrake
01-24-2012, 06:33 AM
Evening EMHs are my favorites. The later it gets the more the park thins out and the lines are much shorter :mickey:

c&d
01-24-2012, 08:57 AM
We always do the night EMH. We just think the parks are just really cool at night. It's so much fun watching the fireworks from the rides. When the parks are open until 2 the crowds really thin down and you start to feel like you have the parks to yourself.

KAJUNKING
01-24-2012, 11:44 AM
Oh, and I told my son we were sneaking out to do this so don't tell his mom. He liked the idea that we were doing something on the sly.

Very funny!

I really enjoy being in the parks late at night but i think the morning emh even though its only an hour is much more productive than the eve emh

DANAM
01-24-2012, 01:59 PM
Yes! My kids are 7 and 10 and we have done EMH with them since 1 and 3. For us we get up really early and get to one park right before open. Hang out until after lunch time around 1pm. We head back to the hotel to swim or nap. Around 6ish depending on how late EMH go we head back to the parks for EMH. Believe it or not our kids, even at a very young age, do really well staying up late as long as we break up the day. Have fun!

mechanic
01-25-2012, 11:33 PM
I work pm shift so I'm always up til 4am. My teenage sons and me all love being in park until 2 or 3 am. No crowds and just a different feel to the place. Of course I don't get up until 11 or so next morning.

Urbss
01-26-2012, 07:35 AM
my family stays away from whatever park has extra hours. those parks always seem to have more people.

joonyer
01-26-2012, 11:15 AM
It's all about personal preference. We love the evening EMH's. We are all about the parks and want to maximize our time in them. Plus, we love the parks after dark. They seem even more magical then. We try to stay as late as possible. The crowds usually get really thinned out towards park closing times.