PDA

View Full Version : California Grill Question

PixieDust23
01-22-2012, 02:22 PM
My husband and I will be celebrating our 2 year anniversary by visiting WDW in August. He hasn't been to WDW since he was younger, so I thought dinner and dessert at the Cali Grill at the CR would be a great way to start our vacation! What time should I make reservations to make sure that we are there to see Wishes at MK? Is there something special that I need to request to ensure that we have a view of the fireworks? I've been to many Disney restaurants, but never this one, so any tips would be appreciated! :mickey:

faline
01-22-2012, 03:59 PM
One the August hours are out, I'd try to time my reservation to be an hour to 1-1/2 hours before the fireworks. They will not take specific requests when you make your reservation but do make it know that you are celebrating your anniversary but even this will not guarantee you get a window seat.

When you check-in for your reservation, request to have a window seat view of the Magic Kingdom and let them know you will be willing to wait for a table. Even this will not guarantee a window seat.

One one anniversary, we had a lovely view of the Magic Kingdom from a table right against the window. Other anniversary celebrations found us seated towards the back of the restaurant with the invitation to go out on the deck when the fireworks begins.

ransam
01-22-2012, 08:50 PM
that is awesome. one of my all time favorite disney memories is my family going to eat there. that was 30 years ago or so. but it was cool to get all dressed up and eat at a really nice place at Disney. I loved it.

brivers222
01-22-2012, 10:23 PM
we just ate at CG on our Disneymoon (1 month anniversary)

I just noted on our ADR that it was our DISNEYmoon... they took care of the rest and we had window seats :)

Wishes was at 8pm and our ADRs were at 7:20pm.... got seated 20mins before wishes and the rest was history