PDA

View Full Version : Today in Disney History 1/21

vizsla
01-21-2012, 05:49 AM
Jan. 21, 1991 – The Disney TV special “New Kids on the Block at Walt Disney World –Wildest Dreams” aired.
Jan. 21, 1995 - The new 13 minute film “Circle of Life; An Environmental Fable” opened in the Land Pavilion at Epcot replacing the film “Symbiosis”.
Jan. 21, 1995 – Disneyland’s 40th Anniversary Collector Series Cards were handed out for the very first time at the Anaheim Park. The card “1955-Disneyland Park Opening Day” was distributed to visitors, covering the next 40 days, 40 different cards would be handed out, each representing a different Disneyland event.
Jan. 21, 1995 – The 52nd Golden Globe Awards, honoring the best in film and television for 1994, were presented at the Beverly Hills Hotel in Ca. The “Lion King” was awarded for Best Picture, Comedy/Musical. The animated feature also won for Best Original Score (by Hans Zimmer) and for Best Original Song (Can You Feel The Love Tonight.)
Jan. 21, 1996 - Universe of Energy closed for rehab.
Jan. 21, 1996 – Although nominated for Best Motion Picture – Comedy/Musical at the Golden Globe Awards, “Toy Story” was edged out by “Babe.” “Colors of the Wind,” written by Alan Menken & Stephen Schwartz from “Pocahontas” won Best Original Song – Motion Picture (beating out Randy Newman’s “You Got a Friend in Me” from “Toy Story.”)
Jan. 21, 1998 - The parking lot in front of Disneyland’s Main Street entrance closed, and guests would now use the new parking facility.
Jan. 21, 2000 - The original entrance of the Enchanted Tikki Room at Disneyland was removed due to rotting wood.
Jan. 21, 2001 – At the Golden Globe Awards, “My Funny Friend and Me” (written by Sting & David Hartley for “The Emperor’s New Groove”) lost to Bob Dylan’s “Things Have Changed (from Wonder Boys) for Best Original Song – Motion Picture.
Jan. 21, 2002 - Singer Peggy Lee whose voice could be heard along with Sonny burke in “Lady and the Tramp” died at the age of 81, at her home in Bel Air, Ca.

Jeff
01-21-2012, 10:27 AM
:thumbsup:

pdrlkr
01-21-2012, 11:51 AM
Thanks Vince! :thumbsup: :mickey: