PDA

View Full Version : 5 Years Later...What's New at Disney???

Kendall0303
01-20-2012, 09:59 PM
It has been almost 5 years and 1 baby since we have vacationed at Disney. We have plans in the works to visit in late 2012 (either October or early December - still undecided on which of the two...). What is new since our last trip to the World 5 years ago?

BelleBeauty
01-21-2012, 01:45 PM
SO MUCH! We just went back after not being there since 2006 and a lot has been upgraded or added. Things that stick out in my mind:

- upgrade to Haunted Mansion - there is a not interactive queue area and the technology inside it upgraded and its fantastic
- Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor was added and really enjoyed the show
- Spaceship Earth was completely redone with a new narrator and revised scenes inside the ride. I was nervous about it but really liked the changes, especially the tech stuff at the end
- The Seas with Nemo and friends - great new ride for the kids and Turtle Talk with Crush
- Toy Story Mania ride - lines were very long for this so we didn't get to ride it
- more stuff in Asia in Animal Kingdom: restaurants, stores, rides

So much new stuff I know I haven't covered it. But I'm sure others will add to it!

faline
01-21-2012, 03:24 PM
The Star Tours Ride was recently updated so the show is now different.

With some of the new Fantasyland expansion slated to open later this year, there may be more new things for you to explore as well.

Kendall0303
01-22-2012, 11:15 AM
Thank you for the replies! I'm especially curious about the Fantasyland Expansion (though our Daughter certainly will miss Goofy's Barnstormer as it was one of her favorites when she was smaller) It sounds like there is a whole new world out there for us to explore this year! Can't wait!