PDA

View Full Version : Two things about WDW that burns me up!

A Big Kid
01-20-2012, 06:42 PM
I am an annual visitor to the World. I love most things about it. Two things that always leave me asking why? WHY?! WWHHYY!?!?!?

#1) Nescafe. What is this all about? Is there anyone out there that prefers this over real coffee? IT BOILS MY BLOOD!

#2) no FOX News in the hotel rooms. Is it so difficult to add this to the cable lineup?

Thoughts?

greengeen
01-20-2012, 07:10 PM
Nescafe is bad, but Fox News is worse.

Donald's Girl
01-20-2012, 08:20 PM
The Nescafe I also despise but I understand. The Coca Cola, Minute Maid and Nescafe brands are all owned by one company and that's who they contract with. Thank heaven they have at least allowed Joffrey carts to be on the grounds now.

As for Fox News, I agree. It's only the most watched cable news network and I hate the fact that the powers that be have some pretty liberal leanings. Consequently they are happy to provide MSNBC (the lowest rated network probably ever!) space in their line up. I think it's time they recognize that many of their regular visitors just may enjoy a little variety in the news they are able to view.

markyv
01-20-2012, 08:26 PM
Nescafe, no opinion..

Foxnews. This one is simple. Disney owns ABC, one of the liberal media broadcast channels. They compete directly with fox who is the leader in news. They don't want to subject any more viewers to foxnews than they have to.

PopPhan
01-20-2012, 08:34 PM
I agree wholeheartedly with the Nescafe comment, but understand the situation. You can still get decent coffee in the Polynesian at the Kona Cafe, and the Joffrey's carts....

As for Faux News -- you can keep that, CNN, MSNBC and all the others. Just so I can get national news on the local stations. It's actually nice to hear a different spin on the national stories than what I get from our local stations here at home.

Tink1
01-20-2012, 09:00 PM
Fox news is now there http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=188349

Nanc

EeyoresBestFriend
01-20-2012, 09:39 PM
Not so worried about the Nescafe . . . but the Timmys!!!! So far away . . . . :drama:

And you can't find anything, anywhere on the TV even about the weather north of the 49th parallel . . . . . :D

:funny:

Melanie
01-20-2012, 10:01 PM
Yep, as Nanci reported, there is now Fox News in the resorts. About time, along with the other channels they added.

As for the Nescapoop, who knows the logic there. I'm so happy for my stays at Shades of Green where they serve Starbucks.

A Big Kid
01-21-2012, 07:06 AM
Fox news is now there http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=188349

Nanc

It was on for one day of my last vacation and I missed it.

Kairi_7378
01-21-2012, 08:08 AM
I must be a bad person... when I am done walking around the parks, prepping myself and the boys for the next day, and getting ready for bed... I watch less than 20 minutes of TV a day when I am in WDW :-) So I would be hard pressed to tell you what stations were there (other than for Stacey.)

For a place with so many good restaurants, the lack of quality for WDW coffee is kind of surprising. We brought our own coffee and filters for our last trip but the day-trip guests don't have many options!

TheVBs
01-21-2012, 03:59 PM
I don't want to watch any news while I'm in WDW. Don't watch it at home either. We barely turn the TV on in the room out of a 10 day stay, so I can't say I've ever been bothered about what channels they have available.

Now the coffee... that's another issue! I am extremely grateful there's decent coffee available in the parks, but it would certainly be nice to start the day with one as well.

brownie
01-23-2012, 11:46 AM
Watch tv at Disney World? I get caught up on all that when I get home.

And I don't really mind the coffee...

A Big Kid
01-23-2012, 12:15 PM
Watch tv at Disney World? I get caught up on all that when I get home.

And I don't really mind the coffee...

I dont mind the coffee either. It is the nescafe that burns me up.

joonyer
01-23-2012, 12:31 PM
I also wish they had decent coffee at the values. We drive and I bring my own coffeemaker to make good (real) coffee in the mornings.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
01-23-2012, 08:52 PM
This is where being a hot tea drinker isn't so bad - it is really easy to pack tea bags. :)

Renfairwedding
01-23-2012, 09:55 PM
I love it Melanie !... :haha: "Nescapoop"...

We have a small K cup maker. Better then a coffee bar. We make flavored coffe, coco and tea.

cuteduck223
01-24-2012, 10:44 AM
ok. so i only watch the "what's happening" and other disney "commercial" type stations when I'm in the room.

Last year, when we traveled with my parents, they watched the local news in the morning...which was awesome..because even the local news was covering the people stuck in the blizzard on Lake Shore Drive. I looked over "hey, wheres that" Moms answer: Home. HAHAHAHAHA.

brivers222
01-24-2012, 10:44 AM
in the 11 days we were there we didn't turn on the tv once... I don't even know if it worked lol odd

as for the coffee... yeah its HORRIBLE!

darthmacho
01-24-2012, 02:57 PM
Coffee: I agree wholeheartedly!

Fox News: Couldn't care less.

One out of two isn't bad. :D

Melanie
01-24-2012, 04:01 PM
I love it Melanie !... :haha: "Nescapoop"...

We have a small K cup maker. Better then a coffee bar. We make flavored coffe, coco and tea.

That's what we affectionately call it on the podcast. :funny:

I bought a small Keurig to take as well. Enough of the Nescapoop! :banned:

DVC2004
01-24-2012, 04:07 PM
I drink no form of coffee. However, the lack of channel choices has always irked me. Yes, I am out doing things and not there to watch TV. However at night I do watch some to wind down. At Disney, almost no channels I watch are there. I haven't checked the recent additions to the channels yet but I am hoping there is some improvement. I don't want to watch company clips over and over again, sorry!:mickey:

Disney4us2
01-24-2012, 04:44 PM
I don't drink coffee at all. I was miffed at the fact that the drink refills at Kidani didn't have iced tea. As for TV, no problems there. DD took it over to watch the Disney Channel. We don't have cable or extra pay tv at home. We live in the dark ages;)

Terra
01-25-2012, 12:54 PM
I must be a bad person... when I am done walking around the parks, prepping myself and the boys for the next day, and getting ready for bed... I watch less than 20 minutes of TV a day when I am in WDW :-) So I would be hard pressed to tell you what stations were there (other than for Stacey.)

For a place with so many good restaurants, the lack of quality for WDW coffee is kind of surprising. We brought our own coffee and filters for our last trip but the day-trip guests don't have many options!

I was going to say, with so much else to do there's little TV watching time for us.

And I'm bringing my Keurig machine when we go in March ;)

As for Disney and liberal leanings...man I knew there was a reason I loved Disney! :):mickey:

LudwigVonDrake
01-30-2012, 06:14 AM
I have no opinion on Nescafe since I don't drink coffee.

As for TV the only thing I want to see (besides park info channels) is the Appliance Direct commercials: I LOVE APPLIANCES!!!

Mogie
01-30-2012, 09:58 AM
The only time the TV is on at Walt Disney World is to watch Mickeys Club House when Im getting dressed and ready to hit the parks in the morning.

I guess the most annoying thing for me is the state of the aging attractions in Epcot, Imagination, Energy, Seas. But I understand how incredibly expensive updates or new attractions would be. Im sure theyll come eventually.

I also get annoyed when you get stuck waiting for a parade to pass when you dont want to watch it, but youre route is blocked off.

These arent big deals really...i guess im just trying to think of negatives when there realy arent many of them.

diz_girl
01-30-2012, 10:48 AM
While I'm not a coffee drinker, I'm going to make a suggestion anyway. At home, DH drinks french pressed coffee, but he has a stainless steel french press (the manufacturer is Freiling). Since it's stainless steel, it travels well. You could either bring your own beans and grinder and grind them there or you could grind your beans right before you leave for WDW. Then in the mornig just put the ground coffee in the french press, go down to the QS (or food court) for hot water (I don't think that they charge for that). By the time that you get back to your room, the coffee should be brewed and presto, you have good french pressed coffee.

As for the Fox news discussion, I know that I'm not a moderator but this is just a gentle reminder that discussions about politics is an Intercot no-no. This isn't about the OP that brought up Fox, but some of the comments (both left and right) that occurred afterwards were headed in that direction.

Wolf
02-06-2012, 12:21 PM
If you mix it half hot chocolate half coffee with alot of creamer its decent. On the news front I turn it on the parks time channel and don't change it the whole trip. I go to WDW to avoid all the insanity of reality lol and the Park time channel has all I need hours, cheery music and weather! ^.^