PDA

View Full Version : Am I crazy - all four parks in less than 2 full days??

chick20679
01-19-2012, 09:20 PM
I will be heading to florida in a few weeks to visit a friend in vero beach, and since I have been in serious disney withdrawal lately, I am thinking about a mad-as-a-hatter plan to get my disney fix in.
I am thinking about taking an EARLY morning bus, to make an early morning flight to be in MCO at 9:15am, taking ME to my hotel and then heading straight to AK. I am planning on hitting expedition everest and dinosaur (and possibly kali river rapids) and then heading back to the hotel to check in and take a quick nap. Then, planning on heading to MK for the afternoon, dinner and wishes and then over to EP for evening EMH (just test track and soarin). Then, I will plan on being up early to hit morning EMH at HS the next morning before my friend and her husband meet me for a day at EP...
So, the question is:
Is this too much? Will I be overextending myself and make it less enjoyable, rather than more? Help! :mickey:
PS - two additional transporation questions:
how is the bus system at CSR
and
Does the monorail run from MK to EP after MK is closed, so I can make EMH?
Thanks!

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-19-2012, 09:27 PM
I think it will be fine for a two day trip...if you were going that pace for a full week it probably wouldn't work.

c&d
01-20-2012, 08:55 AM
You'll be tired but I think you'll be fine. You know what you want to do so it's not like you'll be wondering around trying to figure out what to do.

We never had a problem when we stayed at CSR with the buses. They don't share with any other hotel and usually have some close to the front spots at the parks. When we were there they were empty during the day.

Patricia
01-20-2012, 09:58 AM
You should have no problem over a couple of days. I always find the bus rides in between parks to be a good time to relax and unwind.

In Disney parks, I find that when I only have a few things planned, I always manage to get ahead of schedule and end up with bonus time.

Melanie
01-20-2012, 10:01 AM
Easy peasy! What a fun adventure. You'll have no problem hitting the highlights from each park in two days.

And I concur with what was said earlier on the CSR buses. We've always had great luck there.

ransam
01-20-2012, 03:03 PM
i think since you've been there, and it's just a quick DIsney fix it will be perfect. Kind of listening to your favorite band's greatest hits. there may be songs on on there you want to hear, but you'll be satisfied w/ just hearing the hits.
Thus you're hitting the parks and attractions you want to see so it will be perfect for you.

have a great trip.

BWayGrl
01-20-2012, 04:38 PM
Do it! I can't imagine being in Florida and not going to Disney, especially since you'll be so close. :mickey:

Main Street Jim
01-20-2012, 06:34 PM
How 'bout all four parks *in one day*? Did it back in 2006:

Hit up AK for Everest and Safari.

Over to Studios for RnRC and ToT.

Lunch at Studios.

Run over to EPCOT for M:S, TT, and Soarin'.

Dinner at EPCOT.

Run over to MK for Space, Splash, and Thunder, then parade and fireworks :)

*EAAAAAAAaaaaaasy* :) :mickey:

mom2morgan
01-20-2012, 09:06 PM
Yes, definitely crazy. But sanity (at Disney) is highly over-rated ;-)

Gator
01-21-2012, 01:44 PM
No problem. I've done 5 parks in 1 day.

AK: Safari, Bug 3D, Lion King
Blizzard Beach: 2x on Summit Plummet
MGM(what it was called in 2004): Tower, RnRC, Beauty& the Beast
MK: Dinner at Liberty Tree, Wishes
Epcot: MissionSpace, Illuminations

Greatest day of my life! But I'd NEVER do it again :D

AmandaChan
01-21-2012, 03:59 PM
The first time I ever visited WDW was in two days with a friend who was a CM, who got us in free. It's possible, but obviously you won't get to do what all you want so setting priorities and a plan is a must. When we went we went to DHS in the am, then MK.. then AK next day then Ep then MK. We did all the major attractions and made best use of the FP. I wouldn't worry about overdoing it and exhausting yourself b/c it's only 2 days and obviously that would be differnet if you trying to do all that everyday for 5 days in a row! have fun!

wolfhog
01-21-2012, 11:15 PM
Yes - you are crazy, absolutely insane.
Please, please take me with you

TheVBs
01-22-2012, 09:19 AM
Since you're just doing a couple things in each park, it sounds like you'll have no problem. As long as you'll feel satisfied with what you get to do, it should be a great fix!

DisneyDog
01-22-2012, 07:42 PM
We are going in April and have a mini marathon planned. We will arrive on a Wednesday afternoon and are just going to DTD our first night. The next day is our only Disney day. We will be going to MK in the morning and Epcot in the evening. Next day will be Wizarding World of HP and then Kennedy Space Center our last full day.

JabberJaws
01-23-2012, 10:39 AM
No, you are not crazy. My record stands at doing every major attraction (e-tickets) in all 4 parks in 1 day. Of course, that was September 2002. That is significant because September (post labor day) is already one of the slackest times of the year, but September 2002, being the year following 9/11, was INSANELY quiet at the parks (as was anywhere else that involved traveling on a plane). Every attraction, e-tickets and the rest, were walkons. Made hitting up everything at all 4 parks a breeze.