PDA

View Full Version : I broke my toe

IamaDisneyFan
01-19-2012, 05:54 PM
:( and we leave for Disney in 22 days! Hopefully it will heal quickly. I need to be able to keep up with my family!!

ColleenMcD
01-19-2012, 06:15 PM
Toe Shmoe! Work through the pain! Drink water and Drive On!!

Just Kidding... How bad is the break?
I broke my toe a couple summers ago when we were on vacation and it was a rough week. Luckily it was just my baby toe so I taped the sucker and tied my shoe tighter to help stabilize it...within about two weeks I was good to go.. now and then it still hurts a little but not enough to warrant any special treatment.

Scar
01-19-2012, 07:03 PM
Was it the little guy? I've broken both of mine at least twice each. (I walk around the house barefoot in the dark and have never learned my lesson.) Anyway I suggest a cane. It really helps for long distance walking. Hold it in the opposite hand and lean on it when stepping with the bad foot.

Melanie
01-19-2012, 07:21 PM
Awww, I feel your pain. My hubby and I had a trip planned for just the two of us about 10 years ago, and I fell and broke my big toe a few weeks before we were to leave. I ended up having to have surgery on it and we had to postpone our trip. :unsure:

Hopefully your break isn't your big toe and that it will heal quickly and you'll at least be able to walk around without much pain. Good luck! :pixie:

Disney4us2
01-19-2012, 08:48 PM
I hope your toe is better soon. It will take a few weeks for the healing.:pixie::pixie::pixie:

I broke one of my toes 2 years ago and went to Disneyland about 2 weeks afterward. Unfortunately, I am a scooter user so walking was not a problem for me. My toe was so swollen it hurt to put it in my shoes. I had to get a pair of mens shoes for a bigger toe box. I had my toes taped, but that made it hurt more. Crocs became my friend. Even now when I am on my feet too much, I still feel that toe.

MissMaryPoppins
01-19-2012, 08:56 PM
I broke my little toe at a pool party when I was 12. we were going to Disney World in 2 weeks and the ER dr assured me I'd be fine by then. By the time we left I wasn't in much pain. I got a pair of good sneakers and kept my toe taped up. Make sure you have Tylenol or Advil to take to the parks and sit when you need to. I did that and it really helped me.

kakn7294
01-19-2012, 10:39 PM
Been there, done that. In addition to the suggestions you've already received, you might want to consider a pair of compression socks to help keep swelling down if that becomes a problem.

IamaDisneyFan
01-20-2012, 12:24 PM
Toe Shmoe! Work through the pain! Drink water and Drive On!! .
This really is how I feel, other than hoping I'm not still limping around while we are there. My husband thinks I should go to the doctor, but I think that's a little much. I taped it up and have it elevated when I sit down.

Was it the little guy? (I walk around the house barefoot in the dark and have never learned my lesson.) Anyway I suggest a cane. It really helps for long distance walking. Hold it in the opposite hand and lean on it when stepping with the bad foot.

It is the little one. My ottoman jumped out in front of me when I was walking around barefoot in the dark. Go figure.
I think having a cane might be a good idea. Then I can "nudge" people to get out of my way. ;)

Thanks everyone! :mickey:

btharvey
01-20-2012, 12:28 PM
Broke my big toe a few years ago ... the treatment is the same: Tape it to the one next to it, wear very loose shoes (or one of those 'booties that leaves your toes free ... it's not pretty, but it does a great job). And wait.

Might rate someone letting you through early, especially of you lean on the cane (you just bought for this purpose). The 'bootie' will sell it! :)

TheVBs
01-20-2012, 04:50 PM
OUCH! :( Really sorry about your toe. Sounds like some great suggestions above. I hope you have a wonderful trip! :mickey: