PDA

View Full Version : Looking at New Restaurants

rafiki fan
01-19-2012, 01:03 PM
We find ourselves this trip with the opportunity to try a new restaurant. We are on the DP and want to try one of these three at Downtown for dinner:

House of Blues
Paradiso 37
Portabello

Any experiences?

Thanks in advance!!

wilcat
01-19-2012, 03:18 PM
Not sure about the other 2 but Paradiso 37 is quite noisy and more of a bar atmosphere. I had fun there but it was very loud and the food was mostly South American and Carribean and just ok, nothing special in my book. The cool thing is the vodka bar, the bottles go from floor to ceiling, it is quite impressive.

KAT1811
01-19-2012, 08:27 PM
Portobello is one of our favorite restaurants in WDW. Very nice. The food is great, the service is wonderful, and we love to sit outside overlooking the water. I don't think you will be disappointed. I am very happy they added it to the dining plan this year. Last year we payed OOP for dinner because we didn't want to miss it.

ElenitaB
01-19-2012, 08:33 PM
We really enjoyed House of Blues... much more than I anticipated. And I really disliked Paradiso 37... much more than I thought possible. It would be a good place to go have drinks and appetizers though.

Auroring Good Time
01-20-2012, 01:03 PM
The food was good at Paradiso 37 but nothing to rave about. I don't think I'd make a plan to go back but, I wouldn't absolutely rule it out. I've eaten at Portabello 3 times and everytime was delicious.