PDA

View Full Version : Tipping with the DDP + Other Dining Q's

ColleenMcD
01-19-2012, 12:41 PM
Last time I was at Disney, I was 16, the DDP didn't exisit and I wasn't worried about things like tipping.

Not debating the amount of the tip - as a general rule 18-20% is my base - but does the bill indicate the actual price of the meal or just the amount of credits used?

Are the meals inter-connected to all the meals the room is entitled to? Or do we specifically need to track who's card used which meal?
And the 2 kids on the plan - if they don't eat a meal, can that be used for an adult credit? or only a children's credit?

Specifically - one of my Great Big Books of Disney Planning says that the children's menus are limited on the DDP. So the menu's listed on other sites - am I to assume if it is a "kids menu" that all items would be offered as part of the DDP? Or only a few of those items??

As much as I am loving planning my Disney Vacation - I think I'm losing my mind trying to figure it all out!

brivers222
01-19-2012, 12:58 PM
Each card tracks the amounts of the entire group... like a lump sum. SO if you have a rogue person in your group and uses their card to eat all the CS's in one day.... your entire group has lost all the CS credits. Obviously thats not an issue just pointing it out that they are all tied together.

The waiter will give you an Itemized receipt with all the prices of every item you bought (both DDP products and out of pocket products) at the bottom is suggested tip amounts reflecting a percentage on the ENTIRE BILL above.

You give the waiter your Key to the Kingdom card (aka room key with charging privledges) and he/she will deduct the dining plan options off and subtract a Credit from your account per each credit used.

When he or she comes back you will have another bill showing the amount of TS credits used and how much you still owe (if you bought anything not included in dining plan) then you just simply fill that out with the tip amount and be on your way.

Now i believe you can also write your tip in on the first itemized bill also and then the next receipt they bring will show you the amount charged to your room key..

A Big Kid
01-19-2012, 01:09 PM
Just to add: If you dont want desert and dont order it, then you are not tipping on that amount. (You dont have to order it just because it is on the DP.)

For instance, if a table of 5 doesnt order desert, that can add up: 5 X 4.99 = 24.95 X .20% tip = $29.94.

brivers222
01-19-2012, 01:12 PM
Just to add: If you dont want desert and dont order it, then you are not tipping on that amount. (You dont have to order it just because it is on the DP.)

For instance, if a table of 5 doesnt order desert, that can add up: 5 X 4.99 = 24.95 X .20% tip = $29.94.

Dang... you know we should have done that.... there was several meals we couldn't leave any room for dessert... but still paid a tip for it!

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-19-2012, 01:37 PM
let's see if I can remember all ...

1. yes all meals are connected to the room
2. the receipts do show the actual cost of the meal and will give you suggested gratuity amounts, like 18%, 20% etc...
3. No you can't exchange child's credits for adult credits
4. Yes,the children can order anything off the kids menu.

Whew, hope I got them all:)

Butters
01-19-2012, 01:55 PM
Unless that restoraunt does not have a child's menu, then they can order off of the adult menu.

mydisneygirls
01-19-2012, 02:01 PM
The children's menus are limited except at the character buffets. I have never seen a child being denied taking salad from the salad bar or getting a piece of prime rib or a vegetable. For tipping, at buffets I leave $5 a person and TS I leave 20%.

ColleenMcD
01-19-2012, 03:53 PM
So if pizza, mac and cheese, a cheese burger and chicken strips are offered for kids, all selections would be available ddp?

The guide book suggested that if there are 4 options, only 2 may be available for use with the ddp...

zcrsdad
01-20-2012, 10:55 PM
From what I understand, if a restaurant accepts the DDP, every item on their menu is eligible. In other words, they cannot exclude entrees from their menus for DDP customers. Now of course if you are on a plan that does not include appetizers, then you cannot order them as part of you DDP. You'd have to pay oop. My experience has been that everything on the kids menu is available on the DDP, however, kids menus are limited in their offerings.