PDA

View Full Version : BB Boutique Questions

disneykidsince1970
01-19-2012, 08:27 AM
Hi all... trying not to reqpeat qs already asked on previous threads...

I will be booking for my almost 7 yr old daughter in April and she is completely stoked. I was going to bring the dress (skipping princess shoes as blisters will surely be the result). She wants to be Rapunzel but the current costumes have long sleeves and as someone has hi-lited in other posts... could be too hot for mid-April. I need to figure out what to do there... suggestions welcome!

Questions:
I am not a fan of the super-tight "bun" they do - w/ or w/o hair extensions. If I bring a Rapnuzel wig (long braid, not full-on wig that competely coers the scalp), will they work with this?

How long does the appt take? We plan to do the one in the castle. Need to book asap actually!

Thanks everyone!!

kakn7294
01-19-2012, 09:28 AM
The Disney Store online has several cute Rapunzel costumes and nightgowns for girls that have short or 3/4 length sleeves. Check them out - maybe they'll have one you like! As far as shoes, check out places like Target or Payless for a cheap but comfy pair of cute little "princessy" flats that she can wear without the dreaded blisters. I also sugggest bringing a back-up change of clothes and shoes in case she tires of wearing the dress.

As far as the hairstyle, a number of years ago, my niece had a style done that did not involve that tight bun. Hers had the "extensions" and a mini tiara. There used to be 3 or 4 hairstyle options and they were willing to work with you to make changes (sometimes for an additional charge) to a particular style. I don't know what the current offerings or policies are though.

I'd plan on the appointment lasting at least 1 hr although someone who's gone recently can probably give a better estimation of the actual time involved.

AgentC
01-19-2012, 09:53 AM
Target carries a cute Rapunzel dress with short sleeves. They also carry some cute shoes with sequins that we used to go with my daughter's Cinderella dress.

We went to the BBB location in DTD in October. They give you a menu of hairstyles and there were 3 options- the tight bun with tiara, the pouf bun with extensions, and a then one called Pop Princess (I think) which is looser and held with little clips. We did the pouf and even though it looks looser the underneath part was quite tight.

Timewise I would say 1- 1/2 hours. It depends somewhat on the fairy godmother. My daughter has really long hair and a very entertaining FG so hers was slightly over an hour.

ColleenMcD
01-19-2012, 12:47 PM
My plan is to bring a Princess shirt and ship ahead a surprise princess tutu skirt (they have some at the Disney Store online - but I am thinking of having one made special) She can wear the tutu over shorts so if she gets too hot or annoyed with it we can stuff it in our bag.

Also, someone told me that at the Pirates League there is no place to change clothes, witout any experiece at either, I would be prepared for the same at BBB....